• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 07 January 2022 - 08:39 AM

The splash screen for the Hunchback event within the game spells January "Janurary".

While I'm reporting stuff that doesn't matter to anyone else, I have a repetitive bug where when I get to the splash screen to login, the button labeled "LOGIN" occasionally does nothing, and seems to not work at completely random. I've tried completely removing the game and reinstalling. Maybe there's a driver or code library doing it on my end only.

I already reported the latter to the e-mail address given by the website, so I am just repeating it here in case anyone else has the same problem or can help. Apology if this is unwanted, I don't know of another forum to post this.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 12:36 PM

View PostFu Sun, on 07 January 2022 - 08:39 AM, said:

The splash screen for the Hunchback event within the game spells January "Janurary".

People are already aware of this... Discussion already happening at https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/282123-january-free-mech-event/... Please go there to discuss this item any further so that communications are not split across multiple Threads in a disruptive manner? :o

View PostFu Sun, on 07 January 2022 - 08:39 AM, said:

While I'm reporting stuff that doesn't matter to anyone else, I have a repetitive bug where when I get to the splash screen to login, the button labeled "LOGIN" occasionally does nothing, and seems to not work at completely random. I've tried completely removing the game and reinstalling. Maybe there's a driver or code library doing it on my end only.

I already reported the latter to the e-mail address given by the website, so I am just repeating it here in case anyone else has the same problem or can help. Apology if this is unwanted, I don't know of another forum to post this.

This is a weird little Bug that happens only when the attempt to connect & verify for your Login credentials takes far longer than normal to execute. Unfortunately for us, the folks at PGI did not take the time to provide any intermediate animation while this step was taking place, which makes it look like nothing is actively happening. Unless it actively fails and you get a dialog about checking your network connection, then there is literally no feedback at all unless it actually completes the Login process. About the best you can do here is to...
  • Close MWO Temporarily
  • Open the Command Prompt
  • Do an "ipconfig /flushdns" to clear any bad entries in your DNS Cache
  • Reboot your Router (NOT Reset) to clear any bad DNS Cache entries there
  • Try launching MWO and attempt to Login again
...and if that doesn't work, then your next step is to have a long word with your ISP for some help about the connection path to MWO's Servers and how any interference on the path needs to get negated. :huh:

~D. V. "providing 'Fu Sun' help for the issues (particularly Login) they're having with MWO right now" Devnull

#3 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 07 January 2022 - 02:30 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 January 2022 - 12:36 PM, said:

People are already aware of this... Discussion already happening at https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/282123-january-free-mech-event/... Please go there to discuss this item any further so that communications are not split across multiple Threads in a disruptive manner? Posted Image

This is a weird little Bug that happens only when the attempt to connect & verify for your Login credentials takes far longer than normal to execute. Unfortunately for us, the folks at PGI did not take the time to provide any intermediate animation while this step was taking place, which makes it look like nothing is actively happening. Unless it actively fails and you get a dialog about checking your network connection, then there is literally no feedback at all unless it actually completes the Login process. About the best you can do here is to...
  • Close MWO Temporarily
  • Open the Command Prompt
  • Do an "ipconfig /flushdns" to clear any bad entries in your DNS Cache
  • Reboot your Router (NOT Reset) to clear any bad DNS Cache entries there
  • Try launching MWO and attempt to Login again
...and if that doesn't work, then your next step is to have a long word with your ISP for some help about the connection path to MWO's Servers and how any interference on the path needs to get negated. Posted Image

~D. V. "providing 'Fu Sun' help for the issues (particularly Login) they're having with MWO right now" Devnull

Okay, Devnull, thanks for your suggestion, but it is easier to close the login screen and try again. I don't think it's a DNS issue either, because if I wait (like you suggested) it says something like the server is undergoing maintenance, even though it is not accd to the MWO webpage.

As for the misspelling, while there may be so many forum messages about it it rivals the Encyclopedia Britannica, it's still misspelled. I'll eagerly await its correction while hitting the LOGIN button profusely and praying for it to work consistently. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users