Connection Error: Disconnected From Game Server

9 replies to this topic

#1 Trump Card

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys, Oregon here. I had a problem spring up that affects all of my accounts. When I load into a game, be it qp or FP, I get disconnected after 50 seconds of gameplay. I end up in the mechlab and can rejoin the match only to be disconnected again after exactly 50 seconds. I asked support for help and haven't heard a word back from them since I tried their generic fixes. I sent them a trace route, ping test and DX diagnostic file. No word from them after two weeks. Since then I've reinstalled to no avail. Has anybody else experienced this or resolved this issue? I just don't know what else to try and MWO support seems like they are ghosting me, lol. Thanks and happy holidays all!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 09:46 PM

View PostOREG0N, on 26 December 2021 - 09:25 PM, said:

Has anybody else experienced this or resolved this issue?

I have not had such issue.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 December 2021 - 08:26 AM

View PostOREG0N, on 26 December 2021 - 09:25 PM, said:

Hey guys, Oregon here. I had a problem spring up that affects all of my accounts. When I load into a game, be it qp or FP, I get disconnected after 50 seconds of gameplay. I end up in the mechlab and can rejoin the match only to be disconnected again after exactly 50 seconds. I asked support for help and haven't heard a word back from them since I tried their generic fixes. I sent them a trace route, ping test and DX diagnostic file. No word from them after two weeks. Since then I've reinstalled to no avail. Has anybody else experienced this or resolved this issue? I just don't know what else to try and MWO support seems like they are ghosting me, lol. Thanks and happy holidays all!

Hi there, ''... Just out of curiosity, what AntiVirus & FireWall are you using? (Someone recently reported an issue where theirs was causing the disconnects.) Also, who is your ISP? Perhaps answers to those questions can help pin down what the problem happens to be. :o

~D. V. "don't have an answer yet, but trying to ask about things related to possible disconnection causes" Devnull

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,829 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 27 December 2021 - 10:13 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 27 December 2021 - 08:26 AM, said:

Hi there, ''... Just out of curiosity, what AntiVirus & FireWall are you using? (Someone recently reported an issue where theirs was causing the disconnects.) Also, who is your ISP? Perhaps answers to those questions can help pin down what the problem happens to be. Posted Image

This.

if you're disconnecting after exactly X seconds every single time, then it has to be firewall. A Stated firewall will terminate a connection after X seconds if it doesn't receive a proper keep-alive response, for example. So the first thing I would look at is your firewall settings and whether there is a time-out value. Then you can either change the default time upward to greater than the duration of a match or make a new rule for the IP of the game server.

That might not be it, but its the low-hanging fruit here.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,668 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 December 2021 - 03:10 PM

It is likely a firewall, but if not on the computer itself then most likely the router or gateway (router/modem) and this can happen if there is an issue between client and the servers, since besides going through ISP, it also has to hit several other router management systems before it hits the ISP and their servers that PGI utilizes.

With the above, the software firewall on most routers/gateways have either the base SPI (stateful packet inspection).. If incoming gaming packets are being held up then release, in the cyclic pattern you are seeing, the firewall will see that as an attack and temporarily close that specific port.

1. Setup Port Triggering
2. Uncheck the router software firewall. This does not disable the hardware NAT. Updates from the ISP to router/gateway (if rental) may have changed some settings.
3. Test then check firewall/antivirus settings on actual computer.

#6 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 December 2021 - 05:01 PM

I had it once yesterday. First time i've ever seen it.. knocked me out of a match to the desktop.

#7 Trump Card

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 07:21 PM

Well guys, I use the mobile hotspot feature on my phone to access the internet and game. It's never given me a problem like this before, and I've been gaming like this for years. I know it's not my phone because I had the same problem when I try to connect with my backup phone. Perhaps a problem is coming from Verizon. I hadn't thought of that. I mean, I've tried everything else. I reinstalled the game I reinstalled my graphics drivers, I don't use antivirus, and I disabled defender and my firewall. Well, I do appreciate your guys's input. You certainly given me a new variable to consider with my ISP. I'll do some research, and contact verizon. If I find anything out I'll report back to you guys. Thanks <3

#8 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 December 2021 - 04:49 AM

I'm on wired ADSL2 and it happened i would say its a glitch or server issue, as i said i'd never seen that particular error till last night.

#9 0regon

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 01:49 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to follow up on what the problem was. It didn't have anything to do with using the mobile hotspot on my phone for internet, or firewall issues. I was getting disconnected from game server because of a corrupt install. I did a Complete reinstall through the steam client and the game is now functioning as it should. Thanks for all the feedback and hope to see you all on the battlefield

#10 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 January 2022 - 06:46 AM

View Post0regon, on 16 January 2022 - 01:49 PM, said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to follow up on what the problem was. It didn't have anything to do with using the mobile hotspot on my phone for internet, or firewall issues. I was getting disconnected from game server because of a corrupt install. I did a Complete reinstall through the steam client and the game is now functioning as it should. Thanks for all the feedback and hope to see you all on the battlefield

Alright... Just one random multi-part question then... Were you using the Standalone MWO Game Client & Portal before? If so, did you try the Repair Tool functions? :o

~D. V. "asking about the other way of fixing '0regon's MWO install if they used that path before" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users