14 replies to this topic

#1 Death Machine

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 16 January 2022 - 09:14 PM

I've been away for a long time and really getting into MWO again. I've bought the incubus prime. Been trying build after build until I finally got a 600dmg per round build.

It's extremely easy.

2 heavy large lasers in the right hand.
XL engine 285.

Done.

Been having a blast with it.

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 January 2022 - 11:04 PM

I run a similar build but use it for vertical peeking instead of sideways and lowered the engine to cram in more sinks and mg ammo. If you have the mc to get the hero mech it has some sweet armor quirks that stack nicely with the left side survival tree.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:01 AM

I agree with Meep Meep on the light machine guns, but disagree on the build. I would take half that much ammo, and make sure it is in a single one-ton group. By splitting up the ammo into 1/2 tons, you greatly increase the chances of an ammo explosion.

Here are my most successful Incubus SA and Incubus 3 builds:

https://mwo.nav-alph...0b0010c8_INC-SA
https://mwo.nav-alph...=ed475f45_INC-3

You poke with the LPLs, and only use the machine guns when someone is fully engaged and not shooting back (and no one else is shooing you). Don't expose any more than the very top of your head and shoulders.

I rarely use up the full ton of ammo, and at that point it's usually an 800+ damage game. So far my top damage in this build is 1125, and my average damage is 577 (I keep a spreadsheet).

#4 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:24 AM

View PostGoodTry, on 17 January 2022 - 09:01 AM, said:

https://mwo.nav-alph...0b0010c8_INC-SA
https://mwo.nav-alph...=ed475f45_INC-3

You poke with the LPLs, and only use the machine guns when someone is fully engaged and not shooting back (and no one else is shooing you). Don't expose any more than the very top of your head and shoulders.

I rarely use up the full ton of ammo, and at that point it's usually an 800+ damage game. So far my top damage in this build is 1125, and my average damage is 577 (I keep a spreadsheet).

How do those compare to 6xERML incubus in your hands?
I'm not personally not fan of HLL (As OPs build ) on poky lights, too long exposure --> death.

#5 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:54 AM

View PostGoodTry, on 17 January 2022 - 09:01 AM, said:

I agree with Meep Meep on the light machine guns, but disagree on the build. I would take half that much ammo, and make sure it is in a single one-ton group. By splitting up the ammo into 1/2 tons, you greatly increase the chances of an ammo explosion.

It's case protected so if a half ton lights off I still have the other half ton. As to why two tons I rarely ever let off mg button as it has this wonderful effect of causing 100 ton assaults to start the wiggle dance even though its doing jack all damage. For some reason certain players really freak out at the constant pingpingping of mg fire.

View PostCurccu, on 17 January 2022 - 09:24 AM, said:

I'm not personally not fan of HLL (As OPs build ) on poky lights, too long exposure --> death.

I'm not normally a fan of hvy larges on lights either due to the burn time but the shoulder hardpoints are simply perfect for only exposing a few pixels of you mech which normally gives you all the time in the world to pewpew away. I love playing this mech on hellbore due to all the rises you can lurk behind all over the map.

#6 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 12:29 PM

View PostCurccu, on 17 January 2022 - 09:24 AM, said:

How do those compare to 6xERML incubus in your hands?

The 6ERML INC-4 does well. It is much faster, with a nice alpha and the same sustained DPS as the LPLs on my INC-SA build (ignoring the MGs). Plus it is a lot less risky because you can keep your heat bar full while exposing less. But it lacks the excellent armor quirks of the INC-SA and INC-3, and the LMGs on the INC-SA and INC-3 are great for farming damage and occasionally critting weapons. And with the way QP goes these days, the extra range of the LPLs with the INC-SA and INC-3 is really nice.

So overall I prefer the INC-SA and INC-3 to the INC-4 right now. That might change after they nerf C-LPLs tomorrow, I'll have to try them and see.

Edited by GoodTry, 17 January 2022 - 12:38 PM.

#7 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 12:34 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 January 2022 - 09:54 AM, said:

It's case protected so if a half ton lights off I still have the other half ton.

CASE only means that the explosion is confined to that component. So if one of the two separate 1/2 ton ammo items in your side torso explodes, you are losing the whole torso and arm. And because you've split 1 ton of ammo into two 1/2 ton slots, you are twice as likely to have an ammo explosion.

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 January 2022 - 09:54 AM, said:

As to why two tons I rarely ever let off mg button as it has this wonderful effect of causing 100 ton assaults to start the wiggle dance even though its doing jack all damage. For some reason certain players really freak out at the constant pingpingping of mg fire.

It may be different in different tiers, but it is hard to imagine actually using 2.5 tons of ammo in the INC-SA on any tier. That's 600 damage worth of ammo. I don't run out until I'm at around 800-1000 damage total. Do you often have 1.3k+ damage games in yours?

A single ton is definitely the right amount for Tier 1 play at least, IMO.

Edited by GoodTry, 17 January 2022 - 12:38 PM.

#8 Death Machine

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 17 January 2022 - 02:39 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 16 January 2022 - 11:04 PM, said:

I run a similar build but use it for vertical peeking instead of sideways and lowered the engine to cram in more sinks and mg ammo. If you have the mc to get the hero mech it has some sweet armor quirks that stack nicely with the left side survival tree.

Yup I do have the hero mech. The only reason I'm using prime is for the arm laser hardpoints. With it on the arm I can fire behind my while I'm running. Also it's very minimal exposure if all I need is an arm sticking out. It really work running at 165kph poping off 36dmg at a time.

Edited by Death Machine, 17 January 2022 - 02:46 PM.

#9 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 January 2022 - 03:26 PM

View PostGoodTry, on 17 January 2022 - 12:34 PM, said:

CASE only means that the explosion is confined to that component. So if one of the two separate 1/2 ton ammo items in your side torso explodes, you are losing the whole torso and arm. And because you've split 1 ton of ammo into two 1/2 ton slots, you are twice as likely to have an ammo explosion.

Hmmm, not doubting you but I've did this for ages and rarely loose a torso on mg ammo explosion always leaving the remaining ammo. Is this a mechanic the devs have confirmed or you own observation? I'll recombine them and see if it makes any difference.

View PostGoodTry, on 17 January 2022 - 12:34 PM, said:

It may be different in different tiers, but it is hard to imagine actually using 2.5 tons of ammo in the INC-SA on any tier. That's 600 damage worth of ammo. I don't run out until I'm at around 800-1000 damage total. Do you often have 1.3k+ damage games in yours?

A single ton is definitely the right amount for Tier 1 play at least, IMO.

Oh I'm spraying that stuff like a fire hose even at outside useful range just to make mechs uncomfortable and back off so yeah I use a lot of it. Like I said certain players freak out when you ping them with mg fire.

View PostDeath Machine, on 17 January 2022 - 02:39 PM, said:

Yup I do have the hero mech. The only reason I'm using prime is for the arm laser hardpoints. With it on the arm I can fire behind my while I'm running. Also it's very minimal exposure if all I need is an arm sticking out. It really work running at 165kph poping off 36dmg at a time.

Of course. The beauty of mwo is that the mechlab lets you build a loadout the fits your exact playstyle or mood. I run it they way I do as I tend to stick with the group in this mech so raw speed isn't all that important as long as its faster than the other blob. Plus I stick mg on anything with the potential to mount two or more as they have such an interesting effect on some players and are ace at farming open components late game.

Edited by Meep Meep, 17 January 2022 - 05:41 PM.

#10 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 January 2022 - 08:52 PM

Why are people taking half tons on ammo instead of full tons?

#11 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 January 2022 - 05:43 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 17 January 2022 - 08:52 PM, said:

crit padding?

#12 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 07:07 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 17 January 2022 - 08:52 PM, said:

View Postpbiggz, on 18 January 2022 - 05:43 AM, said:

crit padding?

That is not crit padding really, that is way to get yourself killed by ammo explosion more likely than having less slots with full tons of ammo.

Edited by Curccu, 18 January 2022 - 07:08 AM.

#13 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 07:24 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 17 January 2022 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hmmm, not doubting you but I've did this for ages and rarely loose a torso on mg ammo explosion always leaving the remaining ammo. Is this a mechanic the devs have confirmed or you own observation? I'll recombine them and see if it makes any difference.

if I remember correctly ammo explosion in section doesn't automatically explode rest of the ammo there case or no case. So if that lets say sidetorso survives the explosion (that few ammo left that it doesn't exceed your internal structure HP) so can rest of your ammo and gear in that section.

case prevents ammo explosion transferring to next section. If your arm goes boom it will save your sidetorso or if your sidetorso goes boom it saves your CT.
Confirmed by devs and by own observation.

#14 Magrowl

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 01:38 PM

Stock engine on the Inc-3, 2 HLL 4LMG and 1 ton of ammo, that’s all you’ll ever need basically

#15 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 06:17 AM

This thread has been moved to Light Mech Builds.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users