Not Good.

5 replies to this topic

#1 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 02:14 PM

Tried to like it, don't, why ?
This map makes it almost impossibe to fight as a team, it's as bad as solaris for lack of space .
Perfect for pop tarts and lights. Lrm's ,RAC and most other long range kit not much good.
A player said he thought it was a copy of a quake deathmatch map back in the 90's ,I think he's on to something as it works best for lights with big alpha , there is just no line of sight here to spot them, see 'em comming or even get a shot on them before they have dropped/ got behind cover so the OP light problem here is as bad as solaris.
I have had to play in the same few hundred m in every match, as you can't flank due to terrain and the everpresent light who will shoot out your back in 2 seconds. Look at good maps like grim,rubbleite,tormaline ,crimson ,f city and river to see where it's gone wrong, in the above you can make any mech work- not here.
Look at it another way, you have a walking tank , now let's use it somewhere where you have to stay on paths, can't lock or shoot more than 200m without everest in the way .Can't flank 'cause you'll get swarmed and killed...No, I'll fight somewhere else thx. Elsewhere I may even have a chance at winning...And so it's no fun.
As I do get dumped on it from time to time some of you like it, ok, no prob have fun.As of this post I'll go get a coffee so at least I'm not in the way.

#2 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 05:04 AM

This map is trash. Utterly useless. In the name of anything and everything, WE ARE BEGGING YOU PLEASE REMOVE IT FROM QUEUE ASAP.

#3 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 10 March 2023 - 07:47 AM

Assuming we are talking about the Hellebore Quickplay map here (I think Hellebore Springs is a siege map, in fact)

I dont think it is trash, i think it has potential. But its very very confusing when you dont know it, which i dont and, as a result, i do badly on it.

My only real comment on it is that it seems to strongly favour fast mechs with a lot of jump jets, but that might just be because that kind of mech allows me to work around not really knowing the map.

#4 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 12 March 2023 - 08:22 AM

I love colors very much. gray gray gray gray I'm bored friends.. ok gray evokes technology but i'm bored. and I love the Hellebore map. I'm tired of playing in the same venues.
I don't care about the road route. I'm tired of seeing just blank concrete walls.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 12 March 2023 - 08:23 AM.

#5 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 12 March 2023 - 08:33 AM

I want to see lava, seas, forests, flowers, not empty walls..
It's not just a game, it's an art.

You criticize every good thing.

It's nice to have lots of maps.

I am angry about existing, unused maps. You're talking about removing them as well.

I wish there was more light. I wish it was more dark.
I wish there was more chaos.
I wish it was a 100-person map, not a 24-player map.

#6 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 12 March 2023 - 08:58 AM

I didn't buy a 4k monitor to stare at blank walls. I don't load games to look at blank walls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users