Founder Leaving Mwo - Light Madeness Needs Patched Fast!

112 replies to this topic

#41 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 372 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:11 AM

It's only small assaults with a little less hp running around at the speed twice their size

Issue is position. I can drive forward, why wait for the slow assault. why not just hug the next best mech around.

And why should I? You can either wait 10 minutes or end your session in 5 minutes. outcome is the same. tonnage hits tonnage and the one with most armor survive as long I do not flank and shoot them in the back.

Saying that light mechs having it easy. what exactly is heavy if not at start of 70ton. The medium mechs are light mechs with little extra of armor but the speed is now dreadful as the meta is 120kph

= "shadowcat, ice ferret, arctic wolf,cicada, Viper"

Are starting to become popular as medium mechs are to be considered light mechs. Slower mediums gets into a merry go around and who gets eaten by the assault lion is who runs slowest.

#42 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:20 AM

I took my OP locust out earlier and got torn apart by a Stormcrow seconds after contacting the enemy. He ran me down when I tried to flee. 96 damage, 0 kills.
Lights OP, devs please nerf.

#43 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:21 AM

I never hear anyone complain about the time they insta-killed a light in a heavier mech. For every good match score I get in a light, I usually have 2 bad ones. My average match score is 250 in lights. I'll get a good match where I get 400 or higher but usually balanced by ones where I'm lucky to get 200 in damage before I get killed. I'm sure better pilots have better results, but I find lights to be very risky. They either do too little damage from a distance or a lot but at point blank range. Also, I'm expected to hold the circle or cap bases, which puts me at greater risk and takes time away from shooting (which is the only thing that meaningfully contributes to your match score). So, yeah, tell me again that lights are OP. That why everyone is clamoring to play them, or is the populate choice Heavy and Assault sniper mechs or missile mechs?

#44 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:30 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 23 January 2022 - 11:11 AM, said:

Plus, there's no way you can tell his average damage per match from those stats. its entirely possible he gets 400+ damage on a regular basis from light mechs and doesn't do as well in other classes.

The PGI leaderboards (which Jarls gets its data from) is separated by weight class, so you can tell just how much match score he makes in light 'mechs versus heavier ones.

Looking up how much match score I typically get for a 350-450 damage game, and comparing it to how much match score he has suggests he's probably not averaging 400 damage a match in light 'mechs.

Of course, nearly everyone on these forums thinks "I frequently have 400 damage matches, therefore I must average 400 damage" and conveniently ignores all the matches where they did like 100, so you can pretty much have this conversation every time someone makes a "I average X damage in Y" statement...

#45 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:34 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 23 January 2022 - 11:11 AM, said:

its entirely possible he gets 400+ damage on a regular basis from light mechs and doesn't do as well in other classes. Or any number of things.

With an average of 188 he would really have to fail miserably at every other class to pull those numbers in a light on a regular basis.

Also, the stats on this site can be filtered by weightclass. In December he scored an average of 228 with lights, 224 in November, and 199 in October.
If he would score 400 damage all the time, this would not be the match score.

Unless you want to go on and tell me he just hit his own team all the time with artillery or something...

#46 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 12:19 PM

View PostNoxMorbis, on 23 January 2022 - 10:37 AM, said:

Usually never get my *** handed to me in a light. And, when I do, it's after I've done a decent amount of damage, or I was being waaaaay to aggressive. The closest I've ever come to Ace of Spades was , you guessed it, in my Flea.

okay, I'll bite.

..where to start? -I- get my a@s handed to me on a regular basis. -your- stats suggest you'll get yours handed way more often. and still here you are, claiming it never happens.

and actually no: I wouldn't have guessed. seriously. @almost ace of spades.
but yeah, let's do that, too;
I got mine, with a kill on top, in a heavy mech - so heavy mechs = OP. got you.
let's nerf them.
let's also nerf assaults and mediums, cause there are ppl doing their ace' in them.

you know, any player that tries to better himself, no matter in what game,
looks at first at himself and asks: how can I improve?
you know what the bad ones do? yeah; they blame anybody and anything else.

which reminds me: weren't you leaving? why this trolling?
Let's not waste anymore time and typing on this; I think I'm done here.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 23 January 2022 - 12:21 PM.

#47 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 01:23 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 23 January 2022 - 10:49 AM, said:

It's probably just Fusion and his new friends stomping around in tier 4. LOL

Yep Fusion is known light pilot.

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 23 January 2022 - 11:02 AM, said:

Everyone keeps bringing up Jarls..
So we're back to Jarls being meaningful? Wow, that was a fast turn around.

Jarls is as as meaningful as it has ever been nothing has changed... ever, some people just don't understand what is it good for and what not.

#48 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 January 2022 - 01:27 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 23 January 2022 - 11:34 AM, said:

With an average of 188 he would really have to fail miserably at every other class to pull those numbers in a light on a regular basis.

Also, the stats on this site can be filtered by weightclass. In December he scored an average of 228 with lights, 224 in November, and 199 in October.
If he would score 400 damage all the time, this would not be the match score.

Unless you want to go on and tell me he just hit his own team all the time with artillery or something...

Jarls simply shows average stats is since he has been playing under his current handle. He has been improving, with the current month of January averaging overall 244 MS, 1.31 W/R ratio and 1.31 K/D ratio. But we like to remember our best games or worst games :)

With that said, the only thing I will say about lights humping assault legs is the lack of effective collision damage, regardless of class but would have a more heavier effect on light in light vs assault collisions. After that, everything else would be tactics and mechlab, as no weapons in arms doesnt leave much room to do too much in said situation Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 January 2022 - 01:28 PM.

#49 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 02:12 PM

View PostCurccu, on 23 January 2022 - 01:23 PM, said:

Yep Fusion is known light pilot.

Jarls is as as meaningful as it has ever been nothing has changed... ever, some people just don't understand what is it good for and what not.

It was a joke, lighten up. :D
Obviously, it could be anyone lol.

#50 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2022 - 02:17 PM

,Not 'killing' Doing 'damage'

Comprehension is your friend.

My comprehension is just fine. Your words

View PostNoxMorbis, on 23 January 2022 - 12:37 AM, said:

It doesn't take finding an assault far away from team mates. A 150 meters is all it take for me to get in, core an assault's back out, get out, and then circle around for the kill 30 seconds later. Just gets boring.

If it is so easy why is your KDR 0.8 in lights? You clearly fail to do it regularly.

As I said last page. This is all just completely made up. The publicly available information completely contradicts everything you're saying.

#51 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 January 2022 - 03:02 PM

I see you take the liberty of speaking your opinion. So do I. You got a problem with that, maybe you should stop posting?

So, if I point out that you're doing it wrong, I'm the one that should shut up? Ok, sure. Why not?

#52 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 03:53 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 January 2022 - 02:17 PM, said:

If it is so easy why is your KDR 0.8 in lights? You clearly fail to do it regularly.

As I said last page. This is all just completely made up. The publicly available information completely contradicts everything you're saying.

It's simple. He got pwned by some Lights when he was playing Assaults, thought he'd use what he perceived to be "OP", didn't quite become the next Phelan Kell but somehow tries to claim he is. But, his preferred playstyle is still Assaults, so he came crying to the forums to complain about Lights.

There's nothing wrong with utilizing the class/build/playstyle that you're losing against. In fact that's great, because it can help you get first-hand experience on what the strengths/weaknesses are. Then you swap back to your preferred class/playstyle with that new understanding and use it to minimize the opposing strengths and exploit the weaknesses.

Unfortunately a lot of people cannot maintain objectivity and are often trying to advocate for nerfs for everything else except their own preferred playstyle.

#53 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 04:50 PM

this is what people who complain about lights do.

they run away, exposing their delicate back armor.
they go nuts and try to chase the light.
they abandon their team to die chasing the squirrel.
they fire frantically and panicked and miss, sometimes hitting their own team mates.
they keep their arm weapons locked.
they complain about the team being stupid.
they do not press r or do target spotted or ask for help.
they dont manage their heat and shut down.
they doddle at the beginning of the match.
they dont play lights or understand their limitations.
they have poor situational awareness.
they ignore their hit direction indicator.

this is what people who know how to deal with lights do:

they stop moving and take good aim.
they press r and do "target spotted".
they ask for help if the target cant be locked (stealth/ecm).
they break stealth with their ppcs and tags (then see the second one), possibly even using comms (gasp).
they protect their back armor, back up to a wall, etc.
they unlock arm weapons in order to aim faster.
they drop a uav.
they stay with their team and don't string out nascaring.
they manage their heat.
they twist off damage.
they start moving immediately when the match starts.
they maintain situational awareness at all times.
they run lights to farm people who do things on the first list.

patch yourself.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 January 2022 - 04:56 PM.

#54 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2022 - 05:42 PM

Pathetic.

Not the topic, the responses.

In the short time I've been here I've seen this topic come up numerous times from numerous people and the threads are all the same.

Post: 'Hey, here's something that seems to be a problem/imbalance/whatever'.
Response by the same group of people: 'No it's not, you don't know what you're doing, you suck, LOL you must have just got 'X', play better, etc.'

One, maybe one person actually addresses the original concern and the rest act like pretentious arrogant asses.

The thread dies, the topic comes up again a few days later for the 74th time and the cycle begins again.
No one listens, no one considers that maybe there is a concern, the prevailing 'wisdom' is 'I don't think so so it's just you whining'.

I don't care what side of the discussion you stand on the discussion is not adults addressing an issue it's Jr. High kids trying to prove how big their cyber wee-wee is.

Pathetic.

#55 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2022 - 07:16 PM

Yeah it's definitely pathetic, totally agree.

Users come in here and claim something is unbalanced/OP and completely lie and misrepresent the issue and their "experience". They made up stories are never objective or truthful and are seemingly done to simply serve their own interests.

If people stopped this completely bias behaviour threads like this would never appear in the first place.

It definitely should stop.

#56 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 09:25 PM

View PostMPhoenix, on 23 January 2022 - 05:42 PM, said:

Pathetic.

Not the topic, the responses.

In the short time I've been here I've seen this topic come up numerous times from numerous people and the threads are all the same.

Post: 'Hey, here's something that seems to be a problem/imbalance/whatever'.
Response by the same group of people: 'No it's not, you don't know what you're doing, you suck, LOL you must have just got 'X', play better, etc.'

One, maybe one person actually addresses the original concern and the rest act like pretentious arrogant asses.

The thread dies, the topic comes up again a few days later for the 74th time and the cycle begins again.
No one listens, no one considers that maybe there is a concern, the prevailing 'wisdom' is 'I don't think so so it's just you whining'.

I don't care what side of the discussion you stand on the discussion is not adults addressing an issue it's Jr. High kids trying to prove how big their cyber wee-wee is.

Pathetic.

just shoot the light dude

#57 Mr Nice Mech

• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 09:34 PM

The OP is clearly suffering in the same world as D A T A.....Piranhas are RUINING THIS GAME.

Oh wait, that's not the problem, double heavy gauss is. Or maybe it's triple, quadruple, or even quintuple UAC 5's.

Well, we all know it's CERLL + Gauss, but we won't discuss THAT here.

Quad CERLL? It's a problem.

Dual gauss? It's a problem.

Quad gauss? Yeah, it exists too.

No wait, LRM's are the problem with MWO.

NO ONE complains about SRM boats, or MPL / CMPL boats, or AC10 brawlers. FFS, no one complains about clan ATM's. It is ALWAYS the extreme edges that MWO has allowed to proliferate.

Sounds insane? Welcome to MWO balancing. The forum trolls will defend it shortly.

Edited by Mr Nice Mech, 23 January 2022 - 09:38 PM.

#58 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2022 - 09:47 PM

Dual gauss is a problem...

Posted Image

#59 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:54 PM

View PostMr Nice Mech, on 23 January 2022 - 09:34 PM, said:

The OP is clearly suffering in the same world as D A T A.....Piranhas are RUINING THIS GAME.

Oh wait, that's not the problem, double heavy gauss is. Or maybe it's triple, quadruple, or even quintuple UAC 5's.

Well, we all know it's CERLL + Gauss, but we won't discuss THAT here.

Quad CERLL? It's a problem.

Dual gauss? It's a problem.

Quad gauss? Yeah, it exists too.

No wait, LRM's are the problem with MWO.

NO ONE complains about SRM boats, or MPL / CMPL boats, or AC10 brawlers. FFS, no one complains about clan ATM's. It is ALWAYS the extreme edges that MWO has allowed to proliferate.

Sounds insane? Welcome to MWO balancing. The forum trolls will defend it shortly.

they don't complain about the latter and do complain about the former because people don't like getting shot from long distances in any game. It's part of this game though, so /shrug

#60 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:01 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 23 January 2022 - 07:16 PM, said:

Yeah it's definitely pathetic, totally agree.

Users come in here and claim something is unbalanced/OP and completely lie and misrepresent the issue and their "experience". They made up stories are never objective or truthful and are seemingly done to simply serve their own interests.

If people stopped this completely bias behaviour threads like this would never appear in the first place.

It definitely should stop.

Thank you for proving my point, this really did need a real time example of exactly what I was saying.

The sad part is from what I've read you hold some position with a community liaison group or something. That may not be the best description but it will suffice. And yet here you are once again responding with disdain and sarcasm.

Oh well, I guess everybody needs to feel important somewhere. I guess a video game forum is as good as anywhere.

View Postpattonesque, on 23 January 2022 - 09:25 PM, said:

just shoot the light dude

See, now THIS is comedy well done!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users