22 replies to this topic

#21 Dauntless Blint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPlaying other games.

Posted 28 January 2022 - 08:10 PM

IF rescale doesn't happen maybe KGC CT needs some help. Maybe give it "weapon door closed" damage mitigation?

Veridian Bog at 1520.5 3020.0 130.5 with certain mechs is a leg trap stuck in terrain.

Edited by Dauntless Blint, 28 January 2022 - 08:11 PM.

#22 Hammer71

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 08:29 AM

I agree that in Quickplay lights and assaults are better performing than mediums and heavy's most of the time.

The power creep on assaults is out of hand. If I want to win a round all I have to do is choose my most OP assault mechs. BAS or MCII-DS. Basically a I win option.

My light mechs will run circles around larger mechs. You shoot them and they just shrug off damage. It's fun when you're driving one but they seem bugged. If a light mech is moving it's like it has hyper armor(Dark Souls ref).

Mediums don't have the armor to play like a assault. Don't have the speed or hit boxes to play like a light. Very few of my mediums play well round after round. HBK-IIC-A is an exception. Due to the multiple high mounts with high alpha potential makes a excellent mech.

My heavy's mostly play like a light assault without the armor. There isn't any reason to choose a heavy over a assault unless you just want variety.

Would like to see PGI limit the number of assaults in a drop for Quickplay. Back off some of the power creep to make more mechs and builds viable. Not quite sure about the lights. Just make sure that hits on them are actually being scored.

#23 snowridr

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 29 March 2022 - 08:24 PM

I'd have to say light mechs are the most overpowered. They should really be dying a lot more often especially if you refer to the board game. They have heavier armor than what a light mech should have it (I know all armor values are inflated, but they are over inflated for lights) but the biggest problem is they move much faster than the assault mech. In the board game, light mechs go much faster than an assault (most can go +3 to +6 for a hit modification, while an assault can only go +1 normally, a few can go +2 and I think only the original charger can go +3 if we stay in the 3025 tech era - before the clans) I don't know if that speed can be replicated in a special TacOps rule (there are lots of optional and advanced rules in Tactical Operations Rulebook)

Some solutions I've picked up in the last two months since I finally had a laptop that could run this game:

Spend skill points on being able to turn faster, increase tankiness of your mech.
Try to stay with the 'herd'. When I'm out by myself its difficult to deal with one light mech, and if I am swarmed it's over.
Try legging the light mechs. Too many people seem to skimp on armor for weapons - though how bad this is I am not sure.

Some things the Admins of this game could do:

Force everyone to play each weightclass. This way people are at least cycling through more than one or two favorite mechs.

Create stock only games based on actual battletech values as a game mode people can drop into. Each side would have the same BV within 2-5%. You dont get to bring in your own mech, 12 mechs are selected by the game. You click to pick your mech you want. If it is already taken, then you have to select another. The game seems to track a lot of stats, so If you pick assault mechs, next game you dont get that option. You pick heavies, then the third game you have lights and mediums left. On the 4th game, you get the last weight class. On game 5 all weight classes are available again. If you drop out of the game because you dont like the mech you get a penalty - delay to play another game, or suspension if you keep doing it.

Make the game shoot like the EA3025 game did back in the day. This was put out in about the year 2000 around the time of MW4, and it did not get out of beta. In the game, you hit randomly, but as you played a mech more, you got better aim wise, but there would still be a lot of randomness in what you hit - just like the original boardgame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users