Racs Nerf Required

20 replies to this topic

#21 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:40 AM

RACs do not require a nerf...I will explain why.

-Highest damage, but highest personal heat vs the rest of the AC family.

-Less Range Vs ACs of the same number, 2 and 5.

-Higher tonnage/slots Vs ACs of the same number, 2 and 5.

-Their damage may be crazy, but drag out flamers vs them and watch what happens...that crud will stop really quick.

So my point is, even the most OP weapon has a downside.

Take my 4 RAC 5 and 1 RAC 2 Annihilator, I might be able to beat them in seconds, but will occur almost an instant overheat if I don't aim well. Missing is possibly fatal against many mechs. I also usually overheat many times a match with it. Even with the damage, my direwolf still does more over time as it doesn't overheat as much.

Though I will admit RACs are the strongest on the field right now, the underpowered flamers are very good at countering them (personal experience). But since the flamer is needing more range or damage anyway, buff the flamer, you can weaken the RACs. Make one change instead of two.

Note: Current flamer range and damage should be lower than any other weapon, but its too dismal the way it is now, actually try playing with them on any mech that is a heavy or assault, and you will likely remove it for a small laser. Especially since moving up in tier demands it usually.

Last test: I am also finding the exponential overheat too quick for usage, becoming ineffective too fast, suggest removal since heat penalty in place.

Edited by SockSlayer, 05 August 2022 - 03:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users