Crash Logs

5 replies to this topic

#1 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 16 February 2022 - 06:02 AM

I have several crashes a day all time, 1.5 year. Its in the beginning of match.
Are there some logs in my game folder, which I can check.

#2 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 16 February 2022 - 06:46 AM

The game can't handle those light mechs you seem to always be piloting. Posted Image

#3 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 16 February 2022 - 07:13 AM

View Postknight-of-ni, on 16 February 2022 - 06:46 AM, said:

The game can't handle those light mechs you seem to always be piloting. Posted Image

I always played much bigger guys, but I need to learn light style, so only lights for some time. Posted Image

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 February 2022 - 11:55 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 16 February 2022 - 07:13 AM, said:

I always played much bigger guys, but I need to learn light style, so only lights for some time. Posted Image

Email support@mwomercs.com and they'll let you know the log locations. Probably technical@mwomercs.com works too.
For trying to resolve these, are you playing in "Full screen mode"? Try "Full windowed mode" The game is more reliable that way. I used to alt+tab at match start and it would sometimes crash in full screen mode or fail to render the game on drop.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 01:38 PM

You'll find your logs by default in this folder C:\Users\<youruser>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Logs it's the omicron.log file. In the parent folder you'll also finder a "Shaders" folder, you can delete this and the game will create a new one automatically, this procedure can help with crashes. But try the full windowed mode first. MWO really doesn't like tabbing out, because the GPU will change energy state in doing so.

#6 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 16 February 2022 - 11:11 PM

Yes, full window. I ll check logs.

I had note WIN 7 one time, it was crashing with blue screen. I took logs and shown them to geek forum. It was sound card maker drivers. I swithed to windows drivers and problem was solved forever. So, stupid things can be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users