8 Vs 8 Quickplay Weekend

563 replies to this topic

#561 Darth Predator

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 01:00 PM

I believe that the experience differs between tiers and can see where people enjoying the mode come from, but for me (casual, t4) 8v8 was subpar.

All I saw was "Chaaaaaaaaarge!" and 0 tactics involved in the whole situation. Oh, and assaults everywhere. Surviving for longer than 30 seconds on anything medium or light was out of the question.

Also finding the enemy on larger maps was ugh. 5-7 minutes before first contact? Easy. Not to mention the dreaded disconnected assault situation, the only on in our team against 6 in the opposite one. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

So after a several chaotic messy fights where I couldn't see ****, I decided that this weekend will be better spend elsewhere.

P.S. iI you need sone event ideas, how about 8v8 match on a shrunk version of Solaris City? And players are assigned a random variant of Urbie with preset weaponry for it. I would love to see that mess unfold.

#562 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 04:09 PM

hmm Darth Predator.
the waiting game on assault mode is a well known TACTIC, that you need to learn, i am a old pilot, telling folks to stay back, many PRO teams have done it, go watch YOUTUBE, 1 team used it -- and WON 2 times.
I wish you well, but i for 1 had a blast with 8 VS 8, and i play solo, get some lazer vomit, learn to hit with it and then rip them apart with 2 large lazers and 3 or 4 med closer, you will be much HAPPIER : P

SAWK

#563 ItchyTriggerFingers

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 02:14 AM

Haven't posted much on forums, but I'm a very long-term player.
I loved the 8vs. I actually got scared seeing two assaults shoulder-to-shoulder.
I had more impact on the games, and I actively avoided silly builds to be a team player; make my tonnage count. The games were often closer, and certainly more comms.

Since, the few 12s I have played, they are more casual, more punishing, longer to wait, and there is less emotion in each round.

8s need to come back, and stay.

Edited by ItchyTriggerFingers, 31 March 2022 - 02:17 AM.

#564 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 04:44 PM

well i think ITCHTRIGGERFINGERS, is some that should be recruited, look at him in the leaderboard, your freaking killer, but how do deal with other folks.

SAWK

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users