Mwo Insanely Unstable Since Windows Update

25 replies to this topic

#21 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:54 PM

UPDATE: DDU along with turning off a few things related to windows update seems to have fixed the issue. 10 matchs no crashes. Thank you to those who posted here.

#22 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:28 PM

Spoke too soon. 14 matches in and it starts all over again and I have a large selection of settings I had made undone by windows. Me thinks it might be time for that nuke script a few friends mentioned.

Edited by TheMundaneYesYes, 29 April 2022 - 08:29 PM.

#23 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 April 2022 - 03:30 AM

View PostTheMundaneYesYes, on 29 April 2022 - 08:28 PM, said:

Spoke too soon. 14 matches in and it starts all over again and I have a large selection of settings I had made undone by windows. Me thinks it might be time for that nuke script a few friends mentioned.

If you're going to nuke Windows on your computer, then save all your personal data to somewhere else before you do, including things like your browser and MWO profiles. No reason to be stuck losing any personal data, or even having to rebuild some things from scratch... provided that you have anything from which you could even rebuild those with. :huh:

~D. V. "even using the nuclear option against Windows should not come with overkill penalties" Devnull

#24 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 April 2022 - 09:37 AM

View PostTheMundaneYesYes, on 29 April 2022 - 08:28 PM, said:

https://www.minitool...win-10-009.html or https://www.tomshard...updates-windows

And since links can become broken..

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
  • Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  • Make your way to System and Security.
  • Click System.
  • Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  • Select the Hardware tab.
  • Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  • Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

For windows 10, there are a few different ways to disable driver updates. Link above shows what steps to take, incase something had been missed. Once completed then step through the DDU once more :).

#25 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 01:18 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 30 April 2022 - 09:37 AM, said:

https://www.minitool...win-10-009.html or https://www.tomshard...updates-windows

And since links can become broken..

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
  • Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  • Make your way to System and Security.
  • Click System.
  • Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  • Select the Hardware tab.
  • Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  • Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.
For windows 10, there are a few different ways to disable driver updates. Link above shows what steps to take, incase something had been missed. Once completed then step through the DDU once more Posted Image.

Did all those save advanced settings already and missed one thing in GPedit that I fixed. Windows is reverting settings all the time in advanced setting, GPedit and in pretty much anything I change. Although some , if not most or all, GPU issues are resolved.

MWOs unstable nature has high lighted issues with windows that is going to make me go all in with the nuke script instead of the whole learning process because all changes are being reverted by windows

Edited by TheMundaneYesYes, 30 April 2022 - 01:19 PM.

#26 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 02:51 AM

Final Update: I fixed it. Went into windows update and removed a few updates from last month. You can tell where it would have normally crashed because the game get a hiccup for a second then resumes.
The problems kick on again if I install the same updates.

Learned a few things from this and fixed a few problems I did not know I had at the start of this. Fixed issues for more then just MWO mucking about these few days.

EDIT: It started again after 89 matches and once it started up again it started making my system more and more unstable after each crash. It is linked to an audio glitch then for some reason that audio glitch causes whatever TrackIR or whatever part of it that MWO has at its core to glitch in a major way and take out all my drivers and is causing damage to the OS install.

Edited by TheMundaneYesYes, 07 May 2022 - 02:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users