30 replies to this topic

#21 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 10:16 AM

View PostCurccu, on 01 May 2022 - 11:57 AM, said:

I have my extremely high doubts that you can take out 4x smoke diving stealth pirates banes... or even those spiders you mentioned.

It has been tested. An entire team Smoke divers are helpless in conquest against one streak crow even together the skill gap would need to be quite large for them to 4v1 a streak crow. (Maybe they win but 2 due minimum) the reason Why this is different from standard scouting is that you will know where the smoke divers are as they have to sit on concrete points with no stealth in order to cap it. So you know where they are and they have to stay there for quite a while instead of just running in at the last moment. Through all the testing the main thing that has been determined is the clan imbalance specifically in the 40 ton weight class. The amount of weapons an arctic wolf/ viper has matched with high mobility makes it very hard to have a lance together that can both fight them off and prevent them from just going for caps and the win. Nothing is fast enough to our maneuver and out cap them that also stands a fighting chance. And nothing that can win a fight is also fast enough to keep up with them going for caps. This is the main difficulty testing has run into and many possibilities are still being evaluated to balance this problem. However if it can be overcome I think we could be in buisness.

View PostJeff on a Buffalo, on 28 April 2022 - 09:26 AM, said:

Conquest? Conquest?
So a game mode where a bunch of super fast cheesy "Cap'er" mechs running around the map capping caps with a couple of people trying to use light killer mechs roaming around trying to run into the "Cap'pers" to annihilate them?
I'm sorry, that sounds horrible to me.
I would maybe think the Assault game mode might work if the Skirmish game mode is frowned apon but not Conquest.

There has been tests see below comments on break down. Skirmish is rendered untenable by kiting strats. Conquest is really the way to go.

#22 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 10:49 AM

They need to make scouting a 8v8 or 12v12 IS v Clan quick play match.
Get rid of Long Tom and make Radar the top faction reward.

Edited by feeWAIVER, 02 May 2022 - 10:50 AM.

#23 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 02:31 PM

hmm the game is based on a 4 man team, in quick play, i have play with some LANCE folks that rocked teams, but than again it was only on like 4 maps, some maps the 4 man groups have a hard time, like the new NO NASCAR maps, it is the hardest thing for new folks to get over.
THAT is why the SCOUTING, 4 man only will help the game, team work, team building, and getting folks to work in a group, wide open--- and flat, and or woodland combat, the maps FOLKS complain about, can be use as scouting missions WOOT.

SAWK CLANNER

#24 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 11:58 PM

I gotta wonder and ask about these tests lol

A streak crow stopping a 4 fle scattered winds smoke dive is BS lol.

#25 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 01:12 AM

'smoke diving doesn't work'

lmao try sitting under the extraction zone w streaks while a dropship constantly rips u apart

#26 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 04:41 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 03 May 2022 - 01:12 AM, said:

'smoke diving doesn't work'

lmao try sitting under the extraction zone w streaks while a dropship constantly rips u apart

Bruh did you read anything in the thread. We are talking about moving scouting over to conquest that’s the whole point of this thread. Smoke diving was an auto win in old scouting that’s not what we are talking about here.

View PostKnownswift, on 02 May 2022 - 11:58 PM, said:

I gotta wonder and ask about these tests lol

A streak crow stopping a 4 fle scattered winds smoke dive is BS lol.

Bruh is conquest….. you don’t chase them you can just guard the points. “What if they just run away from me?” That’s why you have three buddies. The guard the other points. Fast Mediums with srms or streaks or even machine gun vipers took the spiders and fleas apart.

#27 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 05:47 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 01 May 2022 - 08:51 AM, said:

This has been in game tested. Smoke diving doesn’t work unless the other team is dumb enough to run like all giga slow less than 80 kph mediums. The reason for this is one streak crow can just insta kill any smoke divers just like in traditional scouting.

#28 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 06:00 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 03 May 2022 - 04:41 AM, said:

Bruh is conquest….. you don’t chase them you can just guard the points. “What if they just run away from me?” That’s why you have three buddies. The guard the other points. Fast Mediums with srms or streaks or even machine gun vipers took the spiders and fleas apart.

If you guard single cap alone in whatever mech, 4 lights will rip you apart unless those are some 10 percentile players. Streak crow is totally disabled with just two ECMs... Viper or arctic wolf will lose a leg in few seconds and other goes very fast after first.

#29 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 05:30 AM

View PostCurccu, on 03 May 2022 - 06:00 AM, said:

If you guard single cap alone in whatever mech, 4 lights will rip you apart unless those are some 10 percentile players. Streak crow is totally disabled with just two ECMs... Viper or arctic wolf will lose a leg in few seconds and other goes very fast after first.

Maybe if you run into a four man of elite flea pilots but they would rip you apart no matter what. This was tested with an average rating of about 60-75 percentile for most pilots a couple high 90s a couple low 40s but we mixed around the really good players and on conquest it didn’t change the result. and the light strats were taken apart by the storm crows vipers and arctic wolves.

View PostYondu Udonta, on 03 May 2022 - 05:47 AM, said:

This is in reference to the conquest idea not standard scouting

To be clear in our testing the only problem encountered was how strong clan 40 tonner + the black lanner where. Now we also didn’t run a lot of vapor eagles so in all likelihood that could be a problem too. But really the only balancing issues where on the clan side most specifically with the 40 toners.

Disclaimer this is NOT SPECULATIVE! This has been play tested in private lobby. If anyone is open to play testing some more than message me and we can set something up to see for yourself.

#30 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 08:52 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 02 May 2022 - 10:16 AM, said:

It has been tested. An entire team Smoke divers are helpless in conquest against one streak crow even together the skill gap would need to be quite large for them to 4v1 a streak crow. (Maybe they win but 2 due minimum) the reason Why this is different from standard scouting is that you will know where the smoke divers are as they have to sit on concrete points with no stealth in order to cap it. So you know where they are and they have to stay there for quite a while instead of just running in at the last moment. Through all the testing the main thing that has been determined is the clan imbalance specifically in the 40 ton weight class. The amount of weapons an arctic wolf/ viper has matched with high mobility makes it very hard to have a lance together that can both fight them off and prevent them from just going for caps and the win. Nothing is fast enough to our maneuver and out cap them that also stands a fighting chance. And nothing that can win a fight is also fast enough to keep up with them going for caps. This is the main difficulty testing has run into and many possibilities are still being evaluated to balance this problem. However if it can be overcome I think we could be in buisness.

There has been tests see below comments on break down. Skirmish is rendered untenable by kiting strats. Conquest is really the way to go.

DOUBLE ECM Streak crow and profit...
And crab etc. can go 120+ and still eat artics, vipers and streak crows.

And sure the very second u include sub 90% players streaks beat everything because most players cant hit anything.

Sure a good dialed in conquest with only 3 points can work, but in pgi world it is real work for little to no output (profit)

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 04 May 2022 - 10:42 AM.

#31 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 11:19 PM

only if brought back better. change the dustoff mechanic to require capping of the drop zone and indicating the lz on the defender's radar (this might be a side objective where the attackers have to hit a radar outpost to take away the early warning from the defenders). maybe also disable dropship weapons so that if it comes down to a landing zone brawl the attacking side doesnt have the advantage. defenders might also be able to destroy the beacons with their weapons instead of backcaping them to take them off the board.

Edited by LordNothing, 31 May 2022 - 11:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users