Hot Map Suggestion

5 replies to this topic

#1 KabukiOne

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 11:29 AM

I've been playing for around 2 weeks (maybe 200 games?). In that time, I've been on ONE hot map. No one votes for them. How about just lumping them all together, so periodically, all four map options are hot? Then I might actually get to try them out.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 09:28 PM

The 4 selectable maps per drop are determined by the two selectable modes, since not every map supports every mode.
Keep voting for the hot maps and you'll get them eventually. Your weight multiplier goes up every time a map is chosen that you didn't vote for; up to x12.
You can also drop into the testing grounds to see how your mech behaves there and explore the maps.

#3 KabukiOne

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 08:02 AM

Neat! I didn't know that. Thanks!

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 04:34 AM

I would love to see hot/cold be a bit decoupled from the maps. Sure snow map with heat or the other way would be strange but we have enough maps that would support a random heat level to make that work.

#5 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 08 May 2022 - 06:31 AM

I want a desert version of Polar Highlands, like tourmaline but more hard core.

#6 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 06:58 PM

There used to be a bug for Frozen City Night (now known as Frozen City Night Classic) that would remove all of the snow and look like an actual map, appearing as what the area looked like before being frozen over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users