May 2022 Patch Pts Feedback

26 replies to this topic

#21 -Muz-

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 05:31 AM

More a minor irritation than a glitch, but when you select the "firepower" heading on the skill tree screen, the screen doesn't centre correctly (as it does with the other trees) and you have to manually scroll to the left to see the first few sections of the tree.

#22 PrometheusTNO

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2022 - 05:53 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 12 May 2022 - 04:44 AM, said:

forcibly refunded the moment you open your skill tree

A simple confirmation would help this. Or not saving the changes right away so you get prompted when you leave the Skills area.

#23 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 May 2022 - 07:13 AM

View PostPrometheusTNO, on 12 May 2022 - 05:53 AM, said:

A simple confirmation would help this. Or not saving the changes right away so you get prompted when you leave the Skills area.

That's honestly what I was expecting based on the original PGI video: it sounded like you could look at your skills as you pleased, and it wasn't until you tried to save a skill config that you would have to address any validity issues.

That said, this basically appears to be a partial version of the "refund" that everyone seemed to be asking for. Rather than having Cooldowns 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9, and being forced to buy 2, 4, 6, and 8 new after the change, they simply refund 3, 5, 7, and 9 and allow you to re-select 2, 3, 4, and 5 so that everything's valid, your total cooldown hasn't changed, and your out-of-pocket costs are zero.

#24 PrometheusTNO

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2022 - 07:26 AM

It seems Event Queue has a projectile-based weapon Cooldown issue. For instance if you re-fire a PPC at the Event Queue cooldown buff, you don't get a hit register from the server, and damage is not applied. If you manually wait out the normal 4 second cooldown time, your shot will land properly. I assume the server isn't honoring the cooldown, which is normally a fail safe you would definitely want in the game. For some reason, hit-scan based weapons seem to be performing as desired.

#25 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 12 May 2022 - 01:43 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 12 May 2022 - 05:02 AM, said:

I tried it on a different 'mech, and nothing was broken on that one, either. I think the issue (that PGI needs to dig into and fix) is when a skill point converts to the new system as unlocked/unselected. In a lot of cases, any unlocked/unselected nodes that are orphaned behind a skill node that was NEVER purchased are being refunded. It's the ones that aren't being refunded, but are still unselected, and providing a path to a higher node that IS selected, that are glitching out.

I ran into a similar issue on a different 'mech, and the common factor seems to be the skill tree wanting to default back to where it started when a lower node made the switch unlocked/unselected.

Indeed, you seem to be on point. I checked other mechs and I had this same thing happened. I solved it by clicking on the "Mechlab" tab and going back to the skill tree, which is an easy enough workaround but still, this should be fixed before going public.

#26 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 11:48 AM

I think these changes are great. The only problem is when you have hundreds of mechs all skilled out.
Who wants to spend an entire afternoon climbing "skill point mountain"? Not that there is much of an alternative.

#27 Papa Varken

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 May 2022 - 12:51 AM

New font isn't particularly good; too small and rounded makes it more difficult to read. Either return to old style o0f give option to rescale say within a 3pt range, otherwise you are failing on accessibility grounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users