No replies to this topic

#1 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,536 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 May 2022 - 08:19 AM

I don't remember if I've ever suggested this and am too lazy to figure it out. However for mechs with wide or tall hardpoints convergence can be an issue if you are using weapons with travel time since you are aiming ahead of where the mech is, you will have a worse convergence that a mech with better mounts. I suggest two options that would require coding work but would be nice to see:
  • Convergence on target locks - Should be a toggle (which defaults to on) that when you allocate a target lock, your weapons automatically converge on the target lock and not where your reticle is at. This makes brawling with SRMs on mechs with weird mount locations like Kintaro's or the Summoner before the 3 missile side torsos more palatable. It also makes target locks a bit more useful (something that people have been wanting forever.
  • Locked Convergence - Should be a button that you can toggle (which defaults to off, ie not locked) and when locked takes the range of what your reticle is pointed at and keeps convergence on that range until unlocked. A nice-to-have would be the option to move the lock in 25-50m increments in either direction once locked so you can make fine tuned adjustments. This is just to give more control at longer ranges or help deal with ECM/Stealth mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users