A Tribute

11 replies to this topic

#1 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Did anyone in the history of Battletech made a tribute to one of the houses? Tributes are perfect forms of recruiting and getting to know said faction, its ideals, its army, its life, etc.

As someone that really enjoys every good written lore, I got to know the Warhammer 40k lore, because of Dawn of War (something like now with BTech). Interesting thing I encountred were tributes, lots of them. They basicaly use every art that is plausible, add fitting music and give you a brief take on said faction.

I wonder, did anyone try to do something like that? BTech and Wh40k are pretty familiar when it comes down to story. They both sell it in books with lots of arts included and they both have a big fanbase. Since they can make something like that from the art they mostly made themselves, I ask could someone make a similiar tribute for CC? It could be on our website and basicaly give even those less worried about the lore a brief take on our history, motives, life and power.

Thanks for reading, add your thoughts and please convince Grafix to make one. :(

Here is an example of said tributes:

P.S. I thought of this thanks to the "Liao Music" thread, which made me remember the tributes for Tau, as those almost always have asian music as background. ^_^

#2 Canned_Dman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

If someone makes one, could they use Tenacious D Tribute as the music? That would be quality!

#3 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Adridos,
1. I'm an avid warhammer 40k Fan, like i've read most if not all the books, know all the lore. It's quite different....and a lot cooler and deeper than B-tech. Granted, Battletech has been around longer, but warhammer is just so dynamic and keeps you engrossed in all the lore. Mechwarrior is cool, i've read some of the books and looked up a lot of the lore from various sources(including the wiki, but that is very slim on the details) and even though its filled with intrigue and epic battles, doesn't even shine compared to 40k ......But thats my opinion ^_^

2. Are you a warhammer fan as well? what books have you read?

3. And to the idea of such a tribute, yes....that be cool..Grafix should make such a video for the great house of Liao

And just because im a huge Warhammer 40k Buff and Space marine fan (which are the greatest fictional warrior)

#4 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

View PostZectorman, on 31 December 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

2. Are you a warhammer fan as well? what books have you read?

I am a fan, but mostly the same as with Battletech, i.e. through various PC games. That pretty much makes me good at lore, but I would probably fail in a "lore duel" with someone else, same as with BTech. I am too young to have this kind of hobby. ^_^

#5 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Eh, it was the books that really drew me into warhammer. The authors portray that universe very well, so it was easy to get addicted to it. Now with battletech if i had more contact with it, understanding the differences between steiner and davion and what the differences between inner sphere and the clans were, would make more sense and mean more to me.

#6 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

Sarna isn't that knowledge heavy as Lexicanum, but read the pages Steiner, Clans, Star League in order and you should understand it. And if you don't have any books, look on pages about some battles, to get smaller part of the feel of reading those. Good battle to start with is Tukayyid, trust me. ^_^

#7 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

I dont recall any tribute videos specific to House Liao. But I know there use to be several videos on Youtube that some of our mechwarriors filmed in game then edited and added music.

They came from players from the MPBT3025, Zone, Mektek and ISW

they could be something to build off of, but we may need to use the in game artwork from MWO and see about having a new one made for House Liao.

It is a great IDEA!

Thanks Addy!

Edited by Metro, 01 January 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#8 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Well, there is always the Mechwarrior poem to use.

#9 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Nice splicing of those movie scenes. From the looks, it was about 5 to 6 didfferent movies?

I saw some scenes from the last Matrix where the computers were going to enter Zion.
MW4 Veneance battle scenes
BattleStar Galactica scenes
Trailers from MWO
Some kind of space movie battle scenes
I think I saw Stargate Atlantis battle scene in there also
Some Japanese robot scenes
Some few others I could not recognize

Good work with the splicing..

Solaris Assault Tech

Edited by Grafixâ„¢, 08 January 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#10 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostGrafix™, on 08 January 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

Nice splicing of those movie scenes. From the looks, it was about 5 to 6 didfferent movies?

I saw some scenes from the last Matrix where the computers were going to enter Zion.
MW4 Veneance battle scenes
BattleStar Galactica scenes
Trailers from MWO
Some kind of space movie battle scenes
I think I saw Stargate Atlantis battle scene in there also
Some Japanese robot scenes
Some few others I could not recognize

Good work with the splicing..

Solaris Assault Tech

It is very good work, not mine, just a guy who's work I am a fan of.

#11 Will Hung

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBohol Island

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

Tribute?

#12 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

At least we have a poster. Not made by me, of course. It is workd of Taxony, a member of DeviantArt.

Posted Image

And this is for the Daviots thinking we are just mindless husks. We are normal people as well. Credit goes to aaronmiller (DeviantArt, too).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users