• Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 May 2022 - 06:20 AM

You get so frustrated, that you make comments like

Crap team, after crap team.

You are the only common denominator.

Thank you.

This public information advice was brought to you, today, by the Letter C and E, and the number 2

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,871 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 May 2022 - 08:50 AM

"Every team I'm on today is crap!"

uh-huh, and what did all the teams you WEREN'T on have in common? Posted Image

#3 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 10:01 AM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 30 May 2022 - 06:20 AM, said:

You get so frustrated, that you make comments like

Crap team, after crap team.

Does that also work like that if you do top score of at least your own team each game and half of your team is unable to break 100 damage?

#4 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 10:08 AM

View PostCurccu, on 30 May 2022 - 10:01 AM, said:

Does that also work like that if you do top score of at least your own team each game and half of your team is unable to break 100 damage?

^^ Yeah what he said. Consistently scoring 500 - 800 damage with 2-4 kills while the majority of the team runs as far away from one another as possible and then steadily feeds the firing line one by by one.... I mean........

#5 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 11:07 AM

View PostIhlrath, on 30 May 2022 - 10:08 AM, said:

^^ Yeah what he said. Consistently scoring 500 - 800 damage with 2-4 kills while the majority of the team runs as far away from one another as possible and then steadily feeds the firing line one by by one.... I mean........

At the end of the day, bitching about your team is far less productive than trying to figure out what mistakes you made last game, and trying to not make them next time, so you can bump that 800 damage up to 900.

#6 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,802 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 May 2022 - 11:37 AM

Op is feeling the premade effect. Sometimes you can get a series of matches were you are on the solo side vs a few premades and they tend to roll up the solos with little effort. The only counter is to roll in your own premades and use coordination. Public voip in quick play is hit or miss usually a miss because people don't want to be told what to do.

#7 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 01:00 PM

There's just so much a player can't control in QP; it pays to work on letting things go a bit.

It can be hard to do sometimes, but staying "in the zone" yourself and just making the most of your own match experience really is more rewarding that relying on fixed outcomes like a win.

I had a match yesterday in a new assault I was only out in the second time, and that was completely unskilled; I did almost 1K damage and got three kills while my team was squashed 12-3, so I literally got all the kills. Yeah, we lost and my rewards were minimal, but I felt great about the match, it and I was practically giddy about my new mech.

I've also had matches where I really wanted some specific outcome, like a challenge outcome I was struggling to get, and even my team winning, but not getting that specific outcome, left me frustrated and not really having fun. That was on me for being stuck on some fixed detail I could not actually control.

And yes, the matchmaker still *absolutely* needs a hot patch to have appropriately skilled players matched up against each other.

#8 silentscout66

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 03:03 PM

so if your doing top damage or close to top damage in your team putting up uavs spotting targets ect ect in a 20 ton light your the one not doing so well go figure huh

#9 SLxJoker

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2022 - 03:20 PM

It does get frustrating, that's for sure. I am guilty of getting game rage when it seems clear what type of game this is, and yet no one talks in chat or anything....so frustrating.

There is a magnitude of things that needs/should be addressed by PGI, so my question to PGI is,

So, when are you going to listen to your player base, and fix things?

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 04:09 PM

its almost always some kid who bites off more than they can chew alone with no support and wonders why the team cant instantly cross four grid squares to save a player who essentially threw his mech away.

Edited by LordNothing, 30 May 2022 - 04:09 PM.

#11 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 04:15 PM

View PostCurccu, on 30 May 2022 - 10:01 AM, said:

the mm does sometimes throw players into situations where they have to carry if they want to win. i usually blame pgi and their matchmaker for putting me in that position in the first place. i like to think that those players look at the scoreboard at the end of a match, see who did well and then try to emulate those players. but a lot of players just want to play a game and dont care about being good. it is possible to have fun in a loss and its also possible to have a bad win.

Edited by LordNothing, 30 May 2022 - 04:18 PM.

#12 Armsracer

• PipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 08:19 PM

They need to get their venom out or it'll eat at'em, but they shouldn't be directing it at their team. Maybe they should keep a journal.

Look it's a public game. Unless you're bringing a team of your own hand picked people into the game that you are taking responsibility for to help coach, then you should go in with zero expectations of the other people. You don't know who you're getting and what they are capable of and if they are having an off day, if they are handicapped, if they're going to be too many leaders not enough followers or just trying something new. Give them and yourself some grace.

Just do your best and if you win you win. And if you lose you lose. Don't put so much weight on it. The game isn't what's important but how you treat others is. If you respect your teammates that shows a respect for your creator and he will reward you.

#13 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 01:03 AM

I look at it more like a game of snakes and ladders.

You have a good run of matches with your tier rating moving upwards, skill points and CBills flowing inwards, then you get a spate of drops where the cats are let loose and there's not a chance of winning, no matter how much instruction, support or advice you pass out in team chat.

Kind of sums it up :)

#14 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 01:59 AM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 30 May 2022 - 06:20 AM, said:

There is one more and it is called "Matchmaker"!

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 03:09 AM

View Postcazeral, on 31 May 2022 - 01:03 AM, said:

I look at it more like a game of snakes and ladders.

You have a good run of matches with your tier rating moving upwards, skill points and CBills flowing inwards, then you get a spate of drops where the cats are let loose and there's not a chance of winning, no matter how much instruction, support or advice you pass out in team chat.

Kind of sums it up Posted Image

that video is bs. if you want to herd cats, all you have to do is try to make yourself a tuna sandwich.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users