Hotfix!

61 replies to this topic

#61 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 June 2022 - 11:15 PM

View PostThink Tank, on 06 June 2022 - 10:41 PM, said:

This hot fix is murdering my pc.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 07 June 2022 - 04:47 AM, said:

Are you referring to the download, or to the way the game runs afterwards? I've been noticing dips in framerate, and feel as though my GPU is struggling more than it used to, but I can't get anyone else to corroborate that experience.

View Postambosen, on 07 June 2022 - 11:13 AM, said:

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's probably that after downloading it, for at least some of us, all graphics settings seem to be randomly defaulting to maximum regardless of what we set them at previously. I set everything on mine as low as possible just to confirm my suspicions they were being switched around, and sure enough, next time I logged into the game after logging out, my graphics settings had defaulted back to the highest ones my system could manage in every aspect. I'm literally seeing my saved settings changed to high performance only every time I log into a new instance of the game.

This started happening only after the hotfix, and I wonder if Thank tank's having the same issue. godrays/volumetric lighting and shadows always really impact my perforrmance in games, regardless of what game or engine, and MWO has those settings in the graphics.

Are any of you running custom ".pak" files in your MWO program folder? I'm not doing that, and the issues you're all seeing don't seem to be happening to me. My own personal Graphics Settings are staying where I put them, and things are stable for me. If you have any custom ".pak" files in your MWO program folder, then take them out for now, even if doing no more than moving them into a nearby folder outside of MWO's program folder. Also, take the time to re-check your MWO install with either the Standalone Portal's Repair Tool or Steam's Cache Verifier utilities. Make sure if you're using the Standalone Portal's Repair Tool that you go into the Options before scanning, and first do it with only the bottom two items enabled in that dialog, which will enable a perfectly non-destructive check. Use the more dangerous options only if the primary scan checks out, you have backed up your locally-stored MWO Profile's data (generally located in the "C:\Users\<<<your-user-name>>>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online" area) to another folder or other location, and then you honestly feel that going further is entirely necessary. Trust me when I tell you it's not a good idea to go further without that backup, particularly if you don't want to lose a bunch of personally-recognizable Mech Thumbnails and such. :o

~D. V. "has no problems, but also avoids third-party custom file use... recommends the program-fixing tools too" Devnull

(p.s.: If you're not using third-party custom ".pak" files, then Contact MWO Support via the E-Mail Links from their page, and feed them info to help repair the problem.)

#62 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 104 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 10 June 2022 - 09:11 AM

is it just me ?? Cant login in Steam :c

Edit : fixed.

Edited by BMKA, 10 June 2022 - 09:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users