Solution To Broken Lights/uselss Arm Hardpoints - Autoaim

31 replies to this topic

#21 Maximum Engine

Rookie

• Cadet
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2022 - 10:32 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 02 June 2022 - 04:48 PM, said:

Because the op wanted an aimbot that only tracks lights? Would be a simply matter to hack it to target any mech.

Aim bots probably already exist for MWO. They are called lock ons.

By your logic, I wait with baited breath for someone to hack MWO and make gauss indirect fire

#22 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 June 2022 - 12:47 AM

View PostMaximum Engine, on 02 June 2022 - 10:32 PM, said:

Aim bots probably already exist for MWO. They are called lock ons.

By your logic, I wait with baited breath for someone to hack MWO and make gauss indirect fire

Heh, I won't link any videos here but its easy peasy to look them up yourself and see that there are indeed gauss hackers along with many other hacks. No fps game is safe from them if the game is hitscan.

#23 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 01:59 AM

This thread has been moved to Feature Suggestions

#24 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 June 2022 - 02:12 AM

Arm hardpoints are already excellent for tracking light mechs, especially with IS pulse lasers. The reason people don't build mechs specifically to counter lights is because lights aren't actually threatening enough to be worth a big investment in specific counters and that's why torso hardpoints are still the optimal choice most of the time.

How about demonstrating a problem exists before suggesting a "solution".

#25 Maximum Engine

Rookie

• Cadet
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 03:11 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 03 June 2022 - 12:47 AM, said:

Heh, I won't link any videos here but its easy peasy to look them up yourself and see that there are indeed gauss hackers along with many other hacks. No fps game is safe from them if the game is hitscan.

Ahhhhh yes, the good old "just do your research" argument

Do hacks exist for MWO? Likely
Do people use these hacks? Well people don't make hacks for just shits and giggles do they?
Is it endemic? Not that I've observed

If hackers are of a major concern to you, may I point your attention towards MechWarrior 5. It might be more up your alley

#26 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 June 2022 - 03:21 AM

View PostMaximum Engine, on 03 June 2022 - 03:11 AM, said:

Do people use these hacks? Well people don't make hacks for just shits and giggles do they?

If hackers are of a major concern to you, may I point your attention towards MechWarrior 5. It might be more up your alley

I won't link them because the mods will nuke me for linking hacks even if its just to demonstrate they exist. Even talking about hacks is frowned upon which is why I'm being purposely vague. As for me I don't care about them because you can still beat them with good play since those that tend to use hacks are using them as a skill crutch and are not the best core players. Good players don't need hacks.

#27 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2022 - 04:02 AM

I just want to say one thing...

PGI created this game mode called VIP and the mech was coded by them and it was atrocious, and now you want them to code in an auto attack and take away your free will to target yourself..

Do you really want PGI to control your attacking..... Really Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#28 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 03 June 2022 - 04:11 AM

View PostMaximum Engine, on 03 June 2022 - 03:11 AM, said:

Likely? Go to YouTube and watch some videos

#29 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 09:02 AM

Wow the OP is really getting hammered!

I'm not a fan of his suggestion but I think he is referring to two totally different issues - light mechs that (lets be honest) in the right hands can be a major problem for casual or less skilled players, and arm mounted weapons.

Light mechs are currently set up in MWO so that they are actually viable and they do really need skill to use properly; people's responses to them (like mine originally) were more emotional than actually based on the MWO game- somebody in a heavy mech gets killed by an assault and takes it in stride because they're thinking *of course he killed me, he's in an assault mech*, but when you're in a heavy and you get killed by a light people get pissed because they're thinking *WTF, I'm three times his size, this shouldn't even be a fight, he's a bug compared to me!*. In other Battletech games that's basically true but MWO is not set up that way, and honestly we're probably all better off for it.

The arm mounts, well, arm mounts are nice for shooting at things that are way up high or way down low but that's about it, and that's often not good enough considering how most arm mounts are trash for poking, which is HUGE in MWO, and arms just plain get shot off. Not sure what to do about those things unless MWO changed how arms work so that they can actually be raised up to shoot above the torso, and allowed lower arms to actually swivel backwards, both of which actually seem like they would be obvious arm features, but they aren't.

#30 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 12:55 PM

Hmm, Urbie with auto aim and 3/4 light ppc; nope, not today thank you.

#31 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 June 2022 - 11:23 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 June 2022 - 01:57 PM, said:

8 if you cannot do this, then maybe streaks are for you.

If you can't hit with a laser then a streak will be no better.

It may be a while since you've used lock on weapons but their aiming arc is quite small nowadays so it's no easier to hit a fast light at short range than any other weapon system

#32 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 11:15 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 03 June 2022 - 02:12 AM, said:

Arm hardpoints are already excellent for tracking light mechs, especially with IS pulse lasers. The reason people don't build mechs specifically to counter lights is because lights aren't actually threatening enough to be worth a big investment in specific counters and that's why torso hardpoints are still the optimal choice most of the time.

How about demonstrating a problem exists before suggesting a "solution".

MMM , agreed, arm hardpoints are useful with pluse lasers etc against lights ,but I only use arm mounts for shooting UAV's, they are too low in most mechs to be of use and poking is a big part of the game- they get shot off quickly.the hassle starts when you have very limited options in optimising your mech while still ensuring you can do your job in taking on the opposition. As an assault player I can't spare the room for specific "anti light " weapons - I don't need anti medium weapons so why do players have problems with lights ? Well ,I have problems all the time. A light mech is the ONLY mech that is going to take me out without me getting a shot on them, granted , the light pilot is skilled ,has optimised thier mech with loads of mg's/jj's ect and as players we all push the mechs to get an advantage so I respect the guy who shot my faf to bits whilst buzzing around me like a helicopter. I really don't care if anyone says I'm unskilled or should play battletech instead, without the likes of me you'll have a dead game.
Aim bots a bad idea , and with amout of coding involved can't see arms being raised anytime before 2140...(be good though)
Lights need ghost heat on lasers, mg's in same ratio to the rest of us (max 4 ish). they can still be a pain in the *** but players won't lose their mechs in 5 seconds. give lights a bigger game score per point of damage done by all means, less of a bump for mediums, so these guys can still move up tiers, this will be positive for them without making lights op and making "larger"pilots feel cheated. I have seen too many players in game just give up and power down when a light or two get on them, wherever you stand on this topic this can't be good for the future, we all love playing it but it needs fixing .
Last point, the last event, 8v8 heavy and assault only I played all through, great fun, I could flank, snipe, use angles around river city I'd never used before-all because I knew I was'nt going to be circle strafed to bits by a light ,the (anti light) deathball broke up and we could HAVE FUN.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users