24 replies to this topic

#21 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 10:59 AM

View Postcaravann, on 08 July 2022 - 10:27 AM, said:

Does the stats say SRM artemis gets a reduction?

I heard other stories that Artemis increase velocity. I think artemis has soft magic effect since the story changes.

I can't tell that this is the case. Try test ground and tell me if it really changes how the missiles hits the target.

I don't need to test what I know is true, if you don't believe me you're welcome to test it.

#22 MechMaster059

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 12:51 PM

View Postcaravann, on 08 July 2022 - 10:27 AM, said:

Does the stats say SRM artemis gets a reduction?

Here's an old post from a PGI employee explaining why Artemis and Targeting Computer stat boosts don't appear in mechlab:

View PostChris Lowrey, on 04 January 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

So I see this question come up a bit from time to time regarding why the Mechlab doesn't track the boost to the Artemis spread when you have it equipped.

While others in this thread have correctly stated that the Artemis does indeed provide a boost to the missiles, I wanted to poke in and explain the reason why it is not displayed in the 'Mechlab tool tips and that is because the boost received from Artemis is not a permanent boost, but a conditional one. In order to receive the boost, you must:
  • Have direct LOS to the target (more for LRM's than for SRMs)
  • Not under a "Low signal" state from enemy ECM.
Because the benefits granted by Artemis are conditional, the core SRM spread values on the weapon still remain the same despite having Artemis equipped, but if you meet the conditions to receive the benefits of Artemis in-match, you will gain the boosts provided by the equipment.

The same is true for other equipment that behaves on a conditional level such as Targeting Computers. The benefits of Targeting computers would not be displayed in the 'Mechlab because the targeting computer only boosts the baseline attributes of the equipment while it is functional. If it is destroyed mid-match, the weapons values will utilize the values that are visible in the 'Mechlab.

This picture shows you where to look on the UI to find the Artemis spread stat:
Posted Image

It would be helpful if this were more obvious on the UI. I had to spend some time googling Artemis and digging around old forum posts to discover the exact percentage of spread reduction given by Artemis.

#23 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 02:19 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 07 July 2022 - 07:23 AM, said:

Streaks are most effective against lights but the hardest to get a lock against lights especially up close. There are some nodes that can help but with radar derp, it's easy for a mech to break a lock and hard to get it back. If the lock-on mechanic was decoupled from other missiles, it could be tuned separately.

Streaks are useless against lights it takes too long to get a lock. The most effective weapon against a light is a UAV and let the LRM guys remove the lag armor.

#24 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 11 July 2022 - 02:38 PM

View PostSteel Claws, on 07 July 2022 - 05:46 AM, said:

As a weapon platform streaks pretty much suck since they were nerfed a while back. They need to have the lock on time reduced and the spread decreased so they will be effective once again.

Clan streaks got buffed, not nerfed, end of the story.

#25 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 12 July 2022 - 07:28 AM

Clan Streaks were nerfed to 1.7 damage per missile. Against lights, they were nerfed a bit, and they are still useless against mediums and higher. That been said, nerf all the lock-ons.

Edited by Nightbird, 12 July 2022 - 07:31 AM.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users