23 replies to this topic

#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 31 July 2022 - 09:02 AM

The Hellfire and Executioner can also make reasonable light mech hunters. I think when an assault mech runs beside a light mech, I imagine that the light mech gets a shocked "WTF" face for a moment... (Of course, not literally keeping up at the same speed, but agility and going really fast for a short burst I imagine being scary.)

And I say this knowing someone else will likely counter with "but there are better options/uses for mechs in that tonnage range". There likely are, but those two can still do the job in an interesting manner.

#22 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 19 August 2022 - 12:35 AM

View PostTesunie, on 31 July 2022 - 09:02 AM, said:

The Hellfire and Executioner can also make reasonable light mech hunters. I think when an assault mech runs beside a light mech, I imagine that the light mech gets a shocked "WTF" face for a moment... (Of course, not literally keeping up at the same speed, but agility and going really fast for a short burst I imagine being scary.)

And I say this knowing someone else will likely counter with "but there are better options/uses for mechs in that tonnage range". There likely are, but those two can still do the job in an interesting manner.

Hellfire and Executioner can not keep the pace with Incubus running 140 km/h.

#23 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,818 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 19 August 2022 - 02:53 AM

View Postmartian, on 19 August 2022 - 12:35 AM, said:

No, but to be a light hunter one does not have to match their speed, only be fast enough to reposition in reasonable time.

#24 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 August 2022 - 08:09 AM

View Postmartian, on 19 August 2022 - 12:35 AM, said:

Keeping pace is not the requirement. Just being able to give reasonable chase to follow a short distance, and threaten/destroy a light mech before it can deal damage to allies/self before it can get away is.

The Executioner is more so a surprise assault being nimble and reasonably fast charging a light mech. When an assault moves to engage a light mech without fear, and can keep it's weapons on target, I would imagine that light mech no longer wants to be there.

The Hellfire can, when at full speed tweak, I believe can reach really good speeds. I haven't played the mech in a while now, so how fast it can go I can't quote. But, much like the Executioner, it can certainly give a good chase.

Consider them like dwarves. Deadly over short distances! (Insert Lord of the Rings picture.)

Edit: My Hellfire moves 81 KPH normal, and MASC at 102.4 KPH. Doesn't even have a maxed engine, so it could go a bit faster.
Executioner can move 69.7 KPH normal, and MASC at 90.6 KPH.

Edited by Tesunie, 19 August 2022 - 08:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users