4 replies to this topic

#1 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 17 July 2022 - 04:13 AM

I see the nightmare future that is 2022 continues to get worse...

Edited by Alstren, 17 July 2022 - 04:13 AM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,750 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 July 2022 - 05:09 AM

Normally I wouldn’t hold one lousy piece of ill conceived software against a company, but invasive adware was Ironsouce’s FIRST product… it’s what the company was formed to do. This is (or would have been) their big chance to escape their reputation. So good on the Unity devs for making a fuss, for asking “why would we want to acquire THAT?”

Uniy is small potatoes. They won’t be missed.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 03:59 PM

well so much for ksp2.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,750 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 July 2022 - 06:58 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 17 July 2022 - 03:59 PM, said:

well so much for ksp2.

Unity is a tool set more than a game company. Someone will find another tool set.

Heck, how many years did it take to develop the Cuphead DLC?

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 04:33 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 17 July 2022 - 06:58 PM, said:

Unity is a tool set more than a game company. Someone will find another tool set.

Heck, how many years did it take to develop the Cuphead DLC?

i dont know about cuphead, and all engines are effectively toolsets. but ksp2 has been in development some time, and has been pushed back twice now. i think they are aiming for first or second quarter 2023. i think its too far along to do an engine swap. unless they push for additional funding. they could probibly get a bank to sign off on it if they go the microtransaction route, and why bother if unity is going there. thing is the dev team is completely different from the first ksp and i really dont know what kind of studio they are yet, if they are willing to do shadey things to boost their profits.

but im pretty sure these new features unity will have will take some time to merge in, and it will be up to the developers to decide what they want to implement. whether or not they will, idk. its also possible it will not be included initially and then crammed in at a later date. ksp has existed almost in parallel to mwo and has had a long dev cycle, the sequel likely will as well. ksp was the better value ($15 in beta with free dlc commitment, vs $500+ and the game has barely changed a single iota).

Edited by LordNothing, 18 July 2022 - 04:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users