Per Cauldron Request: A Poll On Faction Play.

50 replies to this topic

#21 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 03:40 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 24 July 2022 - 02:07 PM, said:

Would giving some time for Solo Drops be part of the all encompassing "everything"?

The idea is to create a narrative and hype it. Like Jade Falcon vs Kurita or whatever... Do solo drops early in the campaign and build up to team drops as the campaign progresses.

Francois releases a new map, and the fate of a planet is up to the best teams.
People could stream it, it could be an event to get hyped for at the end of each month or so.
News Articles could be written on game sites, etc.

The overall community could be invited into Faction Play via solo drops, and encouraged to find groups as the campaign escalates.

And how would you create Kurita vs JF drops without "groups" all solo queueing on one side and stomping the other?

EQ is not meant to be a replacement for FP.

#22 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 04:02 PM

View PostNightbird, on 24 July 2022 - 03:40 PM, said:

And how would you create Kurita vs JF drops without "groups" all solo queueing on one side and stomping the other?

EQ is not meant to be a replacement for FP.

Load 2 drop decks, and the game should decide where you drop.

#23 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 04:09 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 24 July 2022 - 04:02 PM, said:

Load 2 drop decks, and the game should decide where you drop.

So additional dev time for something the queue doesn't currently support.

#24 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 04:13 PM

View PostNightbird, on 24 July 2022 - 04:09 PM, said:

So additional dev time for something the queue doesn't currently support.

Because we don't want any dev time to make FP work.

#25 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 04:15 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 24 July 2022 - 04:13 PM, said:

Because we don't want any dev time to make FP work.

"Here's how you use the Event Queue tool to fix Faction Play-"

#26 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 04:30 PM

View PostNightbird, on 24 July 2022 - 04:15 PM, said:

"Here's how you use the Event Queue tool to fix Faction Play-"

Exactly, and Event Queue is something they just did, so I would bet additional modifications would probably be easier to figure out.

Edited by feeWAIVER, 24 July 2022 - 04:30 PM.

#27 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 04:40 PM

PGI can't change dropdeck tonnage limit for Clan in over a year.
PGI can't make attacker/defender random.

But then people suggest complicated stuff. How should PGI do it, when PGI can't even do the simple stuff.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by tee5, 25 July 2022 - 10:02 AM.

#28 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 July 2022 - 12:45 PM

Remaining fp players are here for siege (best group vs groups, but that is rare) or the xp of drop deck no NASCAR games. The hole event que stuff u are suggesting will only lead to the scouting phases debacle. People log in. See it is ******** mode-> go play something more interesting like minesweeper. Que brocken for x hours. We had this. Was bad idea. Still bad idea.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 26 July 2022 - 12:47 PM.

#29 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 09:26 AM

i have no problem with event queue being occasionally used as a supplement to fp so you can run fp events and let the pugs participate in a way without disrupting fp actual.

lets for example say you want to do an all inclusive tukayyid themed event.
fp would work as normal. though it might have an lp boost for the duration and prizes. perhaps a victory counter.
event queue would run a pug friendly version of the event, with the same prizes. might even be possible to earn lp.

thus you can run fp events again. pugs can play the sanitized version and grind trees, which is what most of them really wanted.

#30 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 10:23 AM

Pugs could play FP right now. If a few dozen pugs played a night they would rarely run into big groups. They aren't that many around anymore.

#31 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 July 2022 - 01:43 PM

only thing FP need is separate queue for solo players and premades

#32 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 02:46 PM

View Postccrider, on 27 July 2022 - 10:23 AM, said:

Pugs could play FP right now. If a few dozen pugs played a night they would rarely run into big groups. They aren't that many around anymore.

not without grouping up first. otherwise you get repeatedly skipped over.

some players will try to heard pugs to the dead side so they could force a solo vs group drop. so if you got 50 players stacked one side, 3 on the other. when the underpopulated side had accumulated enough players, the biggest group on the populous getting first drop, against the other side which is most likely a bag of skittles or at most small groups. pugs could queue up on the full side, but there are always groups up front and your wait times stand to be longer (they are already too long the fast way).

i also consider the fp event schedule to be part of the problem. would give better queue utilization if you generated the event on the fly given the queue contents, which will be re-evaluated on the counter interval. if you have two or more groups on one side and none on the other, just do a civil war drop. it would improve the drop rate for everyone, and it would also stop the pug heading phenomenon.

View PostPiVoR, on 27 July 2022 - 01:43 PM, said:

only thing FP need is separate queue for solo players and premades

they tried that, it worked gloriously for 2 days, and they rolled it back because reasons. i didn't hear/see any of the pugs complain in any of the matches or on the forum, so i have to assume the complaints were coming from the group players.

#33 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 04:56 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 27 July 2022 - 02:46 PM, said:

not without grouping up first. otherwise you get repeatedly skipped over.

some players will try to heard pugs to the dead side so they could force a solo vs group drop. so if you got 50 players stacked one side, 3 on the other. when the underpopulated side had accumulated enough players, the biggest group on the populous getting first drop, against the other side which is most likely a bag of skittles or at most small groups. pugs could queue up on the full side, but there are always groups up front and your wait times stand to be longer (they are already too long the fast way).

i also consider the fp event schedule to be part of the problem. would give better queue utilization if you generated the event on the fly given the queue contents, which will be re-evaluated on the counter interval. if you have two or more groups on one side and none on the other, just do a civil war drop. it would improve the drop rate for everyone, and it would also stop the pug heading phenomenon.

they tried that, it worked gloriously for 2 days, and they rolled it back because reasons. i didn't hear/see any of the pugs complain in any of the matches or on the forum, so i have to assume the complaints were coming from the group players.
It really depends on timing; NA weekend Primetime has anywhere from 3-5 large groups plus me and my guys 4 man mixed with pugs. 2 dozen solos drop on (splitting factions) and they get a pug v pug match as the group's jump them to match each other. Just not enough players currently to get more than 3 matches going simultaneously with current population.

#34 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 05:20 PM

View Postccrider, on 27 July 2022 - 04:56 PM, said:

It really depends on timing; NA weekend Primetime has anywhere from 3-5 large groups plus me and my guys 4 man mixed with pugs. 2 dozen solos drop on (splitting factions) and they get a pug v pug match as the group's jump them to match each other. Just not enough players currently to get more than 3 matches going simultaneously with current population.

its possible for pugs to get drops, they just have to really really want it. i typically got 3 or 4 games over the course of 4 hours when i was still playing, if i could get on early enough. often the game was getting towards the end of the phase when i logged on.

#35 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 05:41 PM

You're actively discouraged from playing FP. For a 25 min match, the match score you earn is divided by the number of mechs you use. This means for events like the free hero, it takes 5x the time to grind the event in FP. Why would anyone want to play FP unless they really like it?

#36 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 06:20 PM

View PostNightbird, on 27 July 2022 - 05:41 PM, said:

You're actively discouraged from playing FP. For a 25 min match, the match score you earn is divided by the number of mechs you use. This means for events like the free hero, it takes 5x the time to grind the event in FP. Why would anyone want to play FP unless they really like it?
I got it in FP playing 4-5 hours a week. And I don't care about match score. I'll use all 4 mechs. But 1800+ damage a match and kills and stuff still nets like 300 match score. Free hero only needs 100 MS bags plus damage to get. It's doable.

#37 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 09:53 PM

View Postccrider, on 27 July 2022 - 06:20 PM, said:

I got it in FP playing 4-5 hours a week. And I don't care about match score. I'll use all 4 mechs. But 1800+ damage a match and kills and stuff still nets like 300 match score. Free hero only needs 100 MS bags plus damage to get. It's doable.

Thanks for confirming what I said, 25 mins to get what you can get in QP in 4 mins. Other than people with no life, don't do events in FP.

#38 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 11:05 PM

View PostNightbird, on 27 July 2022 - 09:53 PM, said:

Thanks for confirming what I said, 25 mins to get what you can get in QP in 4 mins. Other than people with no life, don't do events in FP.
eh, I hate QP though. I'm just saying events in FP are totally possible. Who cares if it takes all month? Not like here's a rush seeing s every event lasts forever.

#39 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 30 July 2022 - 09:38 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 July 2022 - 08:41 PM, said:

I went to the Cauldron to present my thoughts on Faction Play.

Why in the hell would you go to those clowns for anything?

#40 Attercop

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 05:36 PM

Nightbird still bitter he's not a part of the Cauldron/Gulag/HYPERELITE I see...

Anyway, just do a Tukayyid event again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users