Hero's With Unqiue Quirks

12 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 12:01 AM

I'm not talking about PTW quirks, but what about unqiue? Like the Heavy metal has the cockpit shake as an example.

So why not have heroes have something unique. So what unique quirk would you like for your Hero?

the Death's Kneel could have increased targeting speed

Jester a JJ quirk

what are yours?

#2 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 03:34 AM

automatic jump jet landing, -15% jump capacity, max jump always.
LRM don't harm allies
colors on lasers changes every time fired.
flamers projectile speed increased 30%
Laser ams -50% heat
LRM direct spread reversed with indirect spread
Masc cockpit vibrate increased, masc last longer
large pulse laser burn time increased, heat reduced.
Override heat damage cause increased speed
Targeting computer sensor range boost 50%

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 July 2022 - 06:43 AM

Number Seven has a massive 90% crit reduction. Combined with the skill tree it's basically total crit immunity.

Hangover's RL15 HSL +2 is unique I guess, but it's not very useful.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,871 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 July 2022 - 12:45 PM

View PostFupDup, on 24 July 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

Number Seven has a massive 90% crit reduction. Combined with the skill tree it's basically total crit immunity.

Hangover's RL15 HSL +2 is unique I guess, but it's not very useful.

The Hangover is useful if you play it as an energy sniper. Then when something jumps you, you have a few medium lasers and a Stank Fist that can eliminate one light mech in an instant if you're patient lining up the shot. Kind of a niche build, tho.

Speaking of uniques, i was honestly hoping one of the Crusaders would have a reduced minimum range on LRMs, since by lore the Crusader is a brawler that also has LRMs.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 July 2022 - 01:06 PM

The Battlemaster hero was the first and I think only mech to have a special environment heat dissipation quirk. Basically negates hot maps from making you run hotter but also negates cold maps from making you run colder. I don't think it really has much of an impact to where they carried it over to any other mech.

The Death's Knell could have always active Seismic, like the old module, not just when you stop. They'd probably have to have a programmer to do that though.

#6 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 01:07 PM

Yeah the limitation on unique quirks is needing a coder to implement them.

#7 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 01:53 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 24 July 2022 - 01:06 PM, said:

The Battlemaster hero was the first and I think only mech to have a special environment heat dissipation quirk.

The Night-Gyr also has this quirk.

#8 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 July 2022 - 02:47 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 24 July 2022 - 01:06 PM, said:

The Battlemaster hero was the first and I think only mech to have a special environment heat dissipation quirk. Basically negates hot maps from making you run hotter but also negates cold maps from making you run colder. I don't think it really has much of an impact to where they carried it over to any other mech.

View PostKnownswift, on 24 July 2022 - 01:53 PM, said:

The Night-Gyr also has this quirk.

The Hellslinger Battlemaster has a -50% environmental heat quirk. The entire Night Gyr line has a -100% environmental heat quirk, as a nod to the fact that in lore they use laser heat sinks.

#9 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 11:01 AM

Unique quirks for Hero mechs is a great idea, when I first started playing I kind of assumed the unique, pay-with-real-money aspect of Hero's just automatically meant this would be a thing, but obviously it's not.

The no screen shake thing on the heavy metal is great, and shows some out of the box thinking.

Start throwing in oddball perks like "+20% Ballistic Damage", "-20% damage from lasers", "Two free tons of SRM ammo", "Free no weight TAG", "CT mounted weapons produce no heat", "Ferro Fibrous Armor takes up 50% less space", "Automatically deploys one free Cool Shot when needed", "ECM Disrupts Stealth Targets within 200 Meters", etc. and things would be really interesting.

Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 25 July 2022 - 11:43 AM.

#10 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 July 2022 - 09:21 AM

though a great idea and one i can get behind i do caution on just what kinds of quirks we give the pay for mechs. one of the things i love about MWO is that there is no Pay-to-WIn at all in the game.(no premium ammo, or pay for only mechs that massively out preform other mechs of the same chassis (there are a few that are better but only with very specific builds). mostly the pay for stuff is cosmetics and extras. well other than mech bays but they give out enough MC from events that it shouldn't be to much of a problem and if if you can handle the meta try hard toxicity that is Faction play there are some mech bays give as faction rewards. they also go on sale quite often.

there should never be any quirks that increase damage or completely eliminate all heat from one weapon type. that sort of stuff is overpowered. though stuff like the one Catapult (i think its the C1 i don't have the game up right now to check) gets one free extra consumable slot. perhaps an improved target retention quirk on an LRM hero or something like that. perhaps additional AMS damage on one that can carry multiple AMS units (as someone who uses LRM from time to time i would hate this, the Corsair-7A is bad enough).

honestly i would look at the lore behind the Hero in question (even if its just PGI lore. not sure if they even do that, you know write up little stories behind the hero mechs. i know that many of them are based off of unique mechs piloted by certain interesting individuals or know for something interesting in Battletech lore.) and base the unique quirks on that. (like say giving a turn rate boost to mech who's pilot was know for getting extra agility out of a mech or taking advantage of what it has)

#11 Monsieur Mocha

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 02:14 PM

IS Light Gauss charge limit +2? I mostly want a rifleman III though, so IS Gauss family charge limit +2 would be necessary. can't really give that to a clan mech because quad clan gauss would be too strong with how they would still get to move somewhat reasonably, assuming it is a hundred tonner like that one kodiak.

#12 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 07:32 PM

Not a hero, but the Nightstar 10-P is, I believe, the only mech with a RAC HSL.

That means you can fire 4 RAC2s without generating ghost heat.

#13 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 27 July 2022 - 08:04 PM

I would like a quirk that makes my Pretty Baby less fat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users