Please Remove The "silly" Sounds When Making A Kill

49 replies to this topic

#41 Poor_No_Culture

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 12:42 PM

Warhorns have nothing to do with Battletech.

Its a dumb idea. its silly. "meep meep".

I want an option to shut it off.

I don't care for your custom sounds that you think are "cool".

Edited by Poor_No_Culture, 25 August 2022 - 12:43 PM.

#42 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 August 2022 - 12:57 PM

there have been in the canon of Battle Tech, many stupid things, a meep meep horn is very far from the worse..

I'm quite certain someone will remember the name of the pirate, that went on water raids with a jesters hat on their mech..

#43 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 August 2022 - 09:53 PM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 25 August 2022 - 12:57 PM, said:

there have been in the canon of Battle Tech, many stupid things, a meep meep horn is very far from the worse..

I'm quite certain someone will remember the name of the pirate, that went on water raids with a jesters hat on their mech..

I hate the annoying halloween ones.. so loud and annoying.. meep meep is nothing compared.

#44 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 12:12 AM

View PostPoor_No_Culture, on 25 August 2022 - 12:42 PM, said:

Warhorns have nothing to do with Battletech.

Goofy things and camp are peak battletech.

#45 MrTBSC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 12:53 AM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 22 August 2022 - 07:19 PM, said:

Warhorns are good for psyops. The dead player supposedly cannot hear them, but his team can. And fear.

oh i gladly bring my hotrod warhorn kodiak to the field and let the engines roar multiple times ...

#46 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 12:54 AM

Every mech has exterior speakers to make short range contact with civilians, infantry and so forth.
The Highlander Heavy Metal takes this to a whole new level https://www.sarna.ne...#Notable_Pilots
Now imagine Mechs playing sounds not only when making a kill, but the whole time...

#47 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 05:03 AM

View PostPoor_No_Culture, on 20 August 2022 - 08:26 AM, said:

Its not Battletech.

Does not feel like it fits in the game. Feels "immature" and dumb idea from corporate.

Stuff like The Road Runner "meep meep".

Really?

Can't see the purpose of it beyond agitating / gaslighting.

They're canon according to Sarna: https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Highlander
Snord, who commanded Snord's Irregulars after her father Cranston Snord retired, piloted a Highlander. The words "Heavy Metal" were painted on the barrel of the Gauss rifle, and several external speakers were mounted, which she would use to flood the battlefield with 20th-century rock and roll. Despite her fondness for Elvis Presley, she was well aware of the disruptive value provided by heavy metal music.
"

#48 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 August 2022 - 08:54 AM

View PostBrauer, on 26 August 2022 - 05:03 AM, said:

They're canon according to Sarna: https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Highlander
Snord, who commanded Snord's Irregulars after her father Cranston Snord retired, piloted a Highlander. The words "Heavy Metal" were painted on the barrel of the Gauss rifle, and several external speakers were mounted, which she would use to flood the battlefield with 20th-century rock and roll. Despite her fondness for Elvis Presley, she was well aware of the disruptive value provided by heavy metal music.
"

This is how warhorns started in this game. It was a built-in feature of the Heavy Metal and someone decided to make it a cockpit item and sell it in packs and for MC in the mechlab.

#49 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 August 2022 - 09:02 AM

IIRC, there was a priest that was part of "The Fox's Teeth" (an elite company in McKinnon's Raiders). He had a habit of shouting scripture during battle, the Old Testament in particular. In one battle, they managed to break the enemy's communication encryption, and they just channeled his cockpit mic into the enemy's command frequencies, it prevented the enemy from being able to execute any kind of strategy.

During the American Civil War, many Union soldiers commented on how disheartening the "rebel yell" could be, especially if the fight was already going poorly for them.

Not only is this kind of foolishness canon to Battletech, it has a long history in real world conflicts as well.

#50 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 August 2022 - 02:42 PM

Bagpipes. Posted Image
oh look, I have them on my mech too!

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users