Battle Of The Heavyweights Weekend Event And Sale!

106 replies to this topic

#81 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 05 September 2022 - 10:18 AM

View PostBig-G, on 04 September 2022 - 02:40 PM, said:

All I read is, "I'm unable to think out of the box and build a smarter CQC loudout" or just simply an inexperienced player complaining about not learning from this to see how to build their own CQC builds. Posted Image

Take this as a learning opportunity to see how mech science works.

Strong words from a 60% player, thinking out of the box didn't improve your performance, i wonder why...

Let's look at some math, shall we! (COOLDOWNS BELLOW ARE ROWNDED FOR THE SAKE OF REDUCING THE TIME TO TYPE THIS):

14 small pulse lasers Crusader 6T has 56 alpha strike with less than 2 second cooldown (with skills) and basically no need for heat management(unskilled mech can do 4 alphas before overheat, 5 alphas with overheat, probably around 10 alpha strikes with override).

56 pretty much pinpoint damage cuz of 0.425 laser burntime with a 2 scounds cooldown on a mech that can run around 90 kph
This is pretty much everything you need to know to call it "broken as f" but lets keep going

Let's take for example...

Orion IIC-A, in proper CQC build has 68 alpha, all of which is splash damage, cooldown on alpha is about 3.5-3.6 seconds

most brawlers in this game gonna have splash damage, due to SRMs in their builds, compared to almost pinpoint damage of crusader 6T, that's part of the reason 6T is broken in CQC

56 alpha lets you 3 shot Orion IIC-A side torso with fully skilled survival tree, or 4 alphas to destroy central torso with fully skilled survival tree, 6T needs about 4 seconds to destroy your side torso, or 6 seconds for your CT

Orion on the other had needs 3 alphas to destroy CT of a crusader(with fully skilled survival tree) if ALL sources of damage gonna land in one exact component, which is not gonna happen cuz of splash nature of his weapons, but even if it does, 3 alphas is around 7 seconds for Orion, in the same time frame crusader gonna wreck at least half of your mech even if you gonna torso twist perfectly.

14 small pulses is only one build, heavily inflated amout of energy hardpoints lets you put anything on it, and it's still gonna be broken af, you can switch 2 small pulses for 2 flamers, and it's gonna be even more broken, because on top of insane DPS, this thing gonna stop you from doing damage.

I know, I know, you can torso twist and fight not gonna be perfect for him, so these numbers are just a spherical horse in the vacuum, but if fight not gonna be perfect for him, it's not gonna be perfect for you as well, if you can torso twist, he can do that as well, so we can throw away these factors, the only difference we look at, is mech performance, and sheer numbers tell us that 6T is superior CQC mech, period.

Long story short...

If you managed to kill some of them doesn't decline the fact that 6T is broken. You most likely managed to kill them because you were lucky to face clueless players, half decent player gonna kill you 10 times out of 10 no matter what build or mech you gonna use unless it's a mirror match.

p.s. considering the fact that Crusader 6T players gonna face mostly suboptimal builds, i bet it's winrate during event gonna be around 70-80%, with around 95% winrate for top 1% players.

Edited by Divkrd, 05 September 2022 - 10:23 AM.

#82 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 September 2022 - 12:03 PM

View Postw0qj, on 05 September 2022 - 06:41 AM, said:

And 4vs4 is a great idea to explore also! Posted Image

S C O U T I N G E V E N T
(GO! GO! GO!)
Posted Image

#83 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 September 2022 - 01:42 PM

View PostDivkrd, on 05 September 2022 - 10:18 AM, said:

Orion IIC-A, in proper CQC build has 68 alpha, all of which is splash damage, cooldown on alpha is about 3.5-3.6 seconds

most brawlers in this game gonna have splash damage, due to SRMs in their builds, compared to almost pinpoint damage of crusader 6T, that's part of the reason 6T is broken in CQC

56 alpha lets you 3 shot Orion IIC-A side torso with fully skilled survival tree, or 4 alphas to destroy central torso with fully skilled survival tree, 6T needs about 4 seconds to destroy your side torso, or 6 seconds for your CT

Your example is almost tic for tac what happened to us. One of the players was ghost1e and I forget the second. Ghost1e was loaded to the brim with small lasers in a 6T while his buddy had a WHM BW with 4 UAC 5 and 2(iirc) LPPC. The WHM got some damage spread out around me while we crossed the stadium but then by the time we got in the Crusader's range ghost1e obliterated my team mate and CTd me mid torso twist within less than 10 seconds. The best part was we got matched with them twice in a row, each time lasting barely a few seconds with the Crusader before getting CTd.

I think the big gripe was the CR because of the drama with HMGs but the real killer was a good shot in a 6T, which thankfully I only saw one of.

#84 Ronbo

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWashtington state

Posted 05 September 2022 - 02:00 PM

Long story short...

If you managed to kill some of them doesn't decline the fact that 6T is broken.

The 6T is not broken per se, as it has no quirks other than armor. The problem lies in the fact that the IS small laser family has no HSL limit and thus can be boated, for no ghost heat penalty, same as the machine gun family for both sides. Clan tech only has the micro laser family than can be boated with no ghost heat. The 6T just takes advantage of that fact, and the clan laser vomits must mix and match or chain or group fire to keep the heat down.

#85 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 05 September 2022 - 02:32 PM

View Postcazeral, on 05 September 2022 - 04:01 AM, said:

All everyone else reads, is a fanboi who has no empathy or consideration for other players and can only see what benefit they can get for themselves at the cost of others' enjoyment . . . . its what killed the S7 mode in the first place and has done irreparable damage to the player base in general, which according to Jarl's is barely 10% of what it used to be.

I'm sorry if you can't see the actual advise past my sarcasm, but hey... you do you

Strong words from a 60% player, thinking out of the box didn't improve your performance, i wonder why...

Wow, touchy are we? I'll let this slide...

I'm playing with 769 mechs, and sometimes you have good days and bad days, and sometimes RNGesus doesn't want to through you a bone, but hey... I'm still enjoying this game and will for as long as it exists. I know what works for my personal playing style and such.

I just don't like people being so negative about things, and that's a major disease with the newer generations I guess...

And yes... I've been a Battletech/Mechwarrior fan since the first MW game came out...

So this will be my last post on this topic, and yes... you can try bait me into an argument, but I'm not interested...

Edited by Big-G, 05 September 2022 - 03:26 PM.

#86 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 05:35 PM

This event was probably the most fun i've had playing this game in the past few years. The 2v2 was especially fun and i played the full 8 hours straight.

Please do more of these kind of event queues with solaris maps.

#87 TK Romero

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2022 - 08:14 PM

Interesting event revolving around Solaris, would be good to see more of these 1v1 scenarios.

#88 KeZangaren777

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 04:37 AM

So, based on your observation when you following this Event. Which Heavy mech you Think will be Free Mech?

Edited by KeZangaren777, 06 September 2022 - 04:37 AM.

#89 wildj

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 September 2022 - 05:28 AM

View PostKeZangaren777, on 06 September 2022 - 04:37 AM, said:

So, based on your observation when you following this Event. Which Heavy mech you Think will be Free Mech?

IS will most likely be one of these:
  • Roughneck RGH-1A
  • Orion ON1-K or ON1-V
  • Marauder MAD-3R
  • Catapult CPLT-A1 or CPLT-K2
Runner up would be the Archer ARC-5W

Clans will most likely be an Orion IIC ON1-IIC-A. I played against other clan mechs, but the Orion IIC's stood out as the better brawler.

Edited by wildj, 06 September 2022 - 05:29 AM.

#90 Tomo Sukesada

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 06:18 AM

I would love to see them allow us to choose one of, say the top 5 IS and top 5 clan performing mechs. That would be pretty nice.

#91 KeZangaren777

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 06:20 AM

View Postwildj, on 06 September 2022 - 05:28 AM, said:

IS will most likely be one of these:
  • Roughneck RGH-1A
  • Orion ON1-K or ON1-V
  • Marauder MAD-3R
  • Catapult CPLT-A1 or CPLT-K2
Runner up would be the Archer ARC-5W

Clans will most likely be an Orion IIC ON1-IIC-A. I played against other clan mechs, but the Orion IIC's stood out as the better brawler.

Can't Wait

#92 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 September 2022 - 07:26 AM

View PostHorseman, on 03 September 2022 - 11:17 PM, said:

Honestly, I think this is a case study why "Solaris" events need to follow the Solaris divisions ( https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions ). and rules (lower Flamer heat damage, no consumables, no command wheel). Crael would be quite a happy competitor in Div 2 or perhaps even Div 1 where it would be mainly fighting assault mechs.

So I agree about the Flamers. If not banned, then at least Nerfed. (Their TT capability was administering 3 heat every 10 seconds or so, so heat locking a 'mech with 40 heat capacity in 3 seconds is far beyond their design capabilities). As for the Divisions, I've always felt that the divisions should have been by weight class, not QP stats, and I feel that this event reinforced that opinion. Similar weight classes means similar maneuverability and height profiles, and similar weapon capacity and capabilities. It was frustrating to no end to be in a slow, tanky assault in Div 1 and be trying to fight off a Piranha which would dodge in under your guns and leg hump you to death with absolutely zero recourse. I really wanted to duel the Piranha in other light 'mechs, like Adders, or Jenners. I guarantee it would have been a lot less broken among its peers.

View PostKrovakon, on 04 September 2022 - 02:55 PM, said:

Having an event queue with event challenges that supports no matchmaking and requires third-party programs to coordinate and get running is a pretty terrible event. Why even use the event queue for that when it's just a private match with tonnage restrictions? I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't use the event queue until I realized it doesn't have matchmaking enabled so you need to make your own group and get people into it to even launch it.

So that's nothing new with Solaris 2v2, unfortunately. The reason that mode was almost a guaranteed private lobby with rewards is because you had to form a group, then launch the group. There was never any match maker, or any ability for solo players to join group play.

If you DID have 3 friends that you just wanted to **** around with, it was great, because you ran a 90% chance of being left completely alone to do whatever you wanted.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 06 September 2022 - 07:28 AM.

#93 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 08:11 AM

Nice to see the EQ being used for different things.

Unfortunately this particular event was NOT my thing. In all honestly I kind of can't stand arena type maps no matter the match settings, or 1v1 matches in the first place, so the event was a grind. I played my 10 matches on my main and alt accounts and then happily got the hell out of there, jumping into quickplay where events are determined by more than fifteen seconds of death-hugging.

A couple of unpleasant trends I did notice though-

- Leg cripplers...yeah I guess it's a fair tactic...can't help but think its about as fulfilling as a slap fight with your pre-pubescent step-sister, but whatever.

- Craels entirely predictably chewing me up every single time (I keep on saying it, but since nothing is being done I'll say it again - those things are way overpowered, and basically a joke mech on any brawl-friendly map). And on this event in particular it should have been banned as you can't even get one anyway.

- Flamers, again predicatably, showing themselves as being OP, with no real ability to shoot and scoot the way things were set up, at least in the matches I played. If anyone out there loves being helplessly fried by flamer based Thunderbolts or Marauders, it's not me for sure.

Leg cripplers aside, as soon as I saw I was either facing a Crael, or a heavy with 4 flamers, I knew I was completely screwed, and even though I tried, I lost every single time in those scenarios. That's just dumb, sorry guys. Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 06 September 2022 - 10:35 AM.

#94 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 09:48 AM

MORE....MOOAAAAAARRRRRR

#95 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 05:30 PM

so whats the free mech of the month?

#96 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 September 2022 - 06:26 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 06 September 2022 - 05:30 PM, said:

so whats the free mech of the month?

Oh we won't know that for a week or two.

#97 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 06 September 2022 - 08:12 PM

View PostKeZangaren777, on 06 September 2022 - 04:37 AM, said:

ON1/iiC supremacy.

I saw primarily Catapults, Archers, Mad Dogs, Summoners, Marauders, Linebackers, Timberwolves, Roughnecks, and Warhammers otherwise. Saw two Night Gyr, two Riflemen, and one Jagermech. I did an honestly shameful number of games racking up north of 90million CBills (if not 100mill - started with 110mill; bought and built both ON1; skilled and reskilled them over the event; and ended with 196mill) over the weekend between an ON1 K and ON1 iiC C and my 18 losses were to a variety of missile boats and Crusaders but otherwise the ON1s partied on.

#98 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 07 September 2022 - 12:16 AM

View PostOrion_, on 06 September 2022 - 08:12 PM, said:

ON1/iiC supremacy.

I saw primarily Catapults, Archers, Mad Dogs, Summoners, Marauders, Linebackers, Timberwolves, Roughnecks, and Warhammers otherwise. Saw two Night Gyr, two Riflemen, and one Jagermech. I did an honestly shameful number of games racking up north of 90million CBills (if not 100mill - started with 110mill; bought and built both ON1; skilled and reskilled them over the event; and ended with 196mill) over the weekend between an ON1 K and ON1 iiC C and my 18 losses were to a variety of missile boats and Crusaders but otherwise the ON1s partied on.

Loved my ON1-P (I know hero, but I was farming beyond the event by then) with the AC20/SPPC/SRM6 combo... hits hard and fast.

Edited by Big-G, 07 September 2022 - 12:17 AM.

#99 NumberFive

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 06:22 AM

View PostOrion_, on 06 September 2022 - 08:12 PM, said:

ON1/iiC supremacy.

As soon as I switched to my Onion I won seven in a row. UAC20 & MRM 40, nothing fancy, but the massive amount of armour on it meant I could face down any other heavy and just outlast it.

#100 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 07 September 2022 - 08:47 AM

View PostOrion_, on 05 September 2022 - 01:42 PM, said:

Your example is almost tic for tac what happened to us. One of the players was ghost1e and I forget the second. Ghost1e was loaded to the brim with small lasers in a 6T while his buddy had a WHM BW with 4 UAC 5 and 2(iirc) LPPC. The WHM got some damage spread out around me while we crossed the stadium but then by the time we got in the Crusader's range ghost1e obliterated my team mate and CTd me mid torso twist within less than 10 seconds. The best part was we got matched with them twice in a row, each time lasting barely a few seconds with the Crusader before getting CTd.

I think the big gripe was the CR because of the drama with HMGs but the real killer was a good shot in a 6T, which thankfully I only saw one of.

I was playing with Nyandere in the 2v2 event. We played mostly WHM-BW and CRD-6T.
6aSRM6 CPLT-A1 was really good too, CRD-CR was a little inconsistent, same as the 14SPL 6T, as you could just leg and kite them. Fast laservomit also had a good place, but it was more vulnerable to being pushed by dual crusaders, especially if you didn't have great aim. I ran this build early on, and it worked pretty well.

Overall the CRD felt like it was very strong, but against players at our skill level, there were a lot of different mechs that worked well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users