Events Need To Run During The Week As Well

2 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 10:25 PM

I'm not saying events need to run 24/7, but they really should pop up here and there during the week at different times. Perhaps they could be used to increase lower pop times, or maybe a random mid week, or even a Monday style event that runs for 4 hours or so.

The other thing i would like to add about events, Why not set up a months worth and give us the list. Let us mark our calender's on the ones we really want to play.

I know you don't want them running all the time as that would not turn them into events but a game mode.. But I really think with our lower pop/Niche style game, events are what could really drive the game outside of normal QP.

Even if you ran short events, rotate the day/time a couple mini events a week perhaps. It just seams like so many folks have so much fun with them why keep them for just weekend warriors? The other thing is, make it appointment gaming. If folks only have a few days a month they can play, or limited time.. why not let them have something to look forward to? Hey an event is popping up on wed from 6-9Pm esT or maybe it's a Thursday afternoon lunch event, (insert your favorite event) Now i know in two weeks i mark my calendar and i have someone to really look forward to.

It seams like half the events i see i'd like to play but it's just as bad as someone calling you last min to do someone great, most folks need some bit of planning to fit things into their lives, and events are no different.

Edited by JC Daxion, 08 September 2022 - 10:28 PM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 09 September 2022 - 05:21 AM

Right? I need more matches with unlimited jump jet fuel so my Highlander Heavy Metal can continue to pull its Orbital Particle Cannon trick. So fun!

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,679 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 September 2022 - 06:06 AM

Agreed. Have a consistent calendar every week or 2 weeks. During low pop times, make it 4v4 events up to 8v8. It could make it easier for Oceanic to get matches too.
I even think they could have a specific time when it's just Group Queue (with solos allowed), something there was previously interest in having to get rid of soup queue, but maybe that's best to do on a schedule.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users