Light Mech Spam

121 replies to this topic

#121 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 03:53 AM

My twin 20 Boomstick Jager loves his light breakfast.

Seriously though, play all weights and you'll see they all have their weaknesses and strengths.

My best K/D is in an Arctic Cheetah I use to pick off lone LRM boats and snipers - Light

My most damage is in pretty much stock Bishwacker that I used in support role (1.2k) - Medium

My most damage tanked that I survived was in a Marauder (~7% remaining) - Heavy

My Ace of Spades came in a King Crab - Assault

Edited by DovisKhan, 10 November 2022 - 04:00 AM.

#122 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 03:59 AM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 09 November 2022 - 08:51 AM, said:

It should be noted that Mech armor is ablative in nature rather than deflective, I suppose because FASA decided when you have a targeting system and Mechs with profiles that make deflection much less of a solution things like armor designed to "bounce" shells is just not going to cut it. This is still kind of silly even in canon, but in the abstraction of a mech's sheet where it's all about numbers and quibbling over whether something like, say, a Marauder or Linebacker's distinctive hulls should give them a ton of "bounce" potential from frontal angles and thus they get X chance to bounce shells they just said "the hell with it" and gave them all "HP" in the form of ablative armor and structure.

Marauder perfectly simulates the "bounce effect" or the +1 to hit from battletech tabletop rules, by being the best at spreading damage, few if any other mechs can pretty reliably let you reach under 10% of hitpoints. Humanoid mechs rarely go below 50% and instead get destroyed far quicker.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users