46 replies to this topic

#41 Risen Trash

• PipPipPip
  • The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 12:34 AM

View PostCorbantu, on 27 October 2022 - 07:50 AM, said:

I prefer the stomp than the slow battle of attrition.

Sometimes it feels good to just roll in, focus targets, and sit red team down before they can kill even one blue.

But I think the close ones, where the score teeters back and forth, are the ones worth remembering. When it's 11-12 at the end it sucks to lose, but even then you know you made them earn it. And when you win you look at your score, your kills, and you know that every one counted. I love that feeling.

#42 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 19 November 2022 - 03:15 AM

View PostProwling Hunter, on 12 November 2022 - 01:55 PM, said:

Game is dead anyway for solo casual players ...

Indeed. Most of the time you have a 4-men premade either in your or the enemy team. Both is no fun because in most cases it ends in a roll.

When I said in chat that it is no fun I got the reply "make a premade and win". I mean, you see the mindset of these people (surly not all but certainly many) which is: win = fun. I mean, how pathetic is that? If you have to drop with a bunch of good players all in meta mechs in a niche game with low population...can a victory be even less meaningful? Have people such a low self-esteem that they gain anything from doing this seal-clubbing? Apparently...which is even more pitiful.

I have fun regardless if I win or lose as long as a match is as balanced as possible and therefore thrilling. It is also no fun if the premade is on my side and we roll the enemy team and I waited longer for the match than playing it.

What those people forget is, this way they are driving solo players out. And then they face premade vs premade (if there are matches at all) and we all know how the group oriented modes fared...even the 4-member scout mode or whatever it was called.

So, why not have a priority setting which means premades will face premades and if there is none in the group they end up with pugs.

But hey, we are getting closer to the all-time low from 2019 according to the steam player charts. Some more laser alpha spam and more "Iwantonlytoplaywithmyfriendsforfun-butweareallsurprisinglyinmetamechsand4mengroup" and we get there.

Edited by Weeny Machine, 19 November 2022 - 04:55 AM.

#43 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 November 2022 - 08:32 AM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 19 November 2022 - 10:02 AM, said:

Not all premades are of the same caliber and your perspective is that of a T1 veteran. Other than that, I agree with the notion of "quit running from the fight to pull some kind of big brain armchair general epic flanking manoeuvre that only puts guns on Red after all your teammates are dead" sentiment.

Flanking maneuvers can work - if you're in the right position for it, have a mech fast enough to do it and you know your team will be able to hold out until you hit the enemy rear. The bad flankers are the ones trying to execute it in wrong positions, with slow mechs or in a situation where their team is already fully engaged at a disadvantage.

Edited by Horseman, 20 November 2022 - 08:33 AM.

#44 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 08:49 AM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 19 November 2022 - 03:15 AM, said:

Indeed. Most of the time you have a 4-men premade either in your or the enemy team. Both is no fun because in most cases it ends in a roll.
I have fun regardless if I win or lose as long as a match is as balanced as possible and therefore thrilling. It is also no fun if the premade is on my side and we roll the enemy team and I waited longer for the match than playing it.

Sometimes, when I spawn in a slow 'Mech in some remote drop zone, the game is over for me before I can do anything: A competent premade can wipe out a third of the random solos team before I can even get there.

When I said in chat that it is no fun I got the reply "make a premade and win". I mean, you see the mindset of these people (surly not all but certainly many) which is: win = fun. I mean, how pathetic is that? If you have to drop with a bunch of good players all in meta mechs in a niche game with low population...can a victory be even less meaningful? Have people such a low self-esteem that they gain anything from doing this seal-clubbing? Apparently...which is even more pitiful.

Obviously, it is meaningful for them, since they keep doing that.

What those people forget is, this way they are driving solo players out. And then they face premade vs premade (if there are matches at all) and we all know how the group oriented modes fared...even the 4-member scout mode or whatever it was called.

Do you really think that they care? After all, check the shape of the Community Warfare.

So, why not have a priority setting which means premades will face premades and if there is none in the group they end up with pugs.

PGI has always been siding with the premades.

But hey, we are getting closer to the all-time low from 2019 according to the steam player charts. Some more laser alpha spam and more "Iwantonlytoplaywithmyfriendsforfun-butweareallsurprisinglyinmetamechsand4mengroup" and we get there.

Three Assaults and ECM Wolfhound to really use the every last ton of the allowed tonnage. Four identical meta Warhammers. Etc. Something like this?

#45 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 06:31 AM

View PostProwling Hunter, on 12 November 2022 - 01:55 PM, said:

Game is dead anyway for solo casual players ...

I'm a solo casual players and MWO is still playable. Not as fun as it was, but okish.

#46 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:43 AM

View PostLouis Brofist, on 24 November 2022 - 06:31 AM, said:

I'm a solo casual players and MWO is still playable. Not as fun as it was, but okish.

It depends. Sometimes, it is barely playable.

#47 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 04:27 PM

View Postmartian, on 27 October 2022 - 11:32 AM, said:

Some people hide in the corner of the map in such situations.

The only game mode where you must either find the last enemy 'Mech or wait until the end is Skirmish, since there is nothing to cap or to destroy to end the mission.

IIRC the naming correctly the assault side of FP would see this somewhat frequently when solos dropped against 12 mans defending. As soon as it got down to the last 3-4 they'd often go park somewhere difficult to find or impossible if the opposing team didn't have something light with jets.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users