Gameplay Social

59 replies to this topic

#1 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 10:38 PM

Question is it just me or are people just... not caring about callouts? at all? and also being a lot more TOXIC as the community gets smaller.
I wish I would have recorded it as I don't usually record anything.

My build
HBR-VI / 1x HLL - 6 ER MED LAS (HEAT: 1.62)

we were on river city around the center (as anyone does even though its a terrible spot to sit), I'm a Tier 1 Pilot and I give a callout that an "ATLAS (fresh) is hard pushing left and flanking behind our team with 2 mediums in G6 and pushing hard to G7 getting into our backs". I am not the best player in the world but I made a callout to make sure we took care of our flank

the "Faction" that was playing with our team (a full lance of 4) said in VC "Don't worry about it, its not a problem. Focus on the Stalker and Maddog in front".
and I said "why?" as both of them were pretty much sticks and had 1 or 2 weapon left and were CRIT CT A.K.A One tap.
I said it a total of 6 times after that, that our FLANK was exposed and that I was getting shredded as I was the only one holding the left side.
I wasn't asking the entire team to turn around, just a couple of people to pay attention to the incoming BULLDOZER about to roll over our team from the rear

two of the "faction members" in assault mechs decide to get out of cover and get themselves exposed and killed to a Medium /Heavy mech swarm and thought a 2 v 7 was a good choice to push and fight by themselves and they died promptly... leaving us with 1 assault mech left. ( 6 v 10 at this point )

and as it always is, the entire team besides me, a Timberwolf and a Blood asp were holding off the main force from pushing on our flank / left side. they all decided to NASCAR around the center and promptly died and didn't communicate as we were under heavy fire and I couldn't pay attention to my map bc of the sensory overload.
I then lost all of my weapons but 3 ER MED LAS on my Hellbringer-VI and was out of options.

we were then down to me and the Timberwolf left on that flank and we finally notice that they decided to nascar and it failed killing 2 of the 5 that decided to nascar left... then due to me and the Timberwolf not having any firepower left we both died due to not being able to hold off the towards enemy nascar barreling into us

then the "faction" members died and starting Talking trash in comms saying that I have Horrible callouts and terrible team cohesion when I gave that callout 6 times and they told me *"not to worry about it*" when clearly that's what got us killed. they then said I was a "trash player and a gonk" even though I pulled over 1700 dmg and a couple kills when their entire lance didn't pull more then 700 dmg combined for 4 people.

then said that I should "uninstall and get a life". I didn't report them or anything, I just moved on with my day and just didn't care. I don't want them banned or kicked or whatever just a really bad experience with some players in quickplay as of recent.

has anyone else had this experience?
I need to find a team to play with as playing SOLO definitely has its CONS.
I am not saying this to "*****" about the current state of the community but I have had my fair share of bad eggs in a quickplay match Posted Image

|

Edited by Maxzer, 28 October 2022 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 10:55 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 28 October 2022 - 10:40 PM, said:

I'm discovering that certain unit tags are just worth muting/blocking the moment you see them.

Honestly, I would absolutely do that for sure. Its just I personally don't care of the Trash talk due to the fact that ppl who usually do don't have the stuff to back it up and then continue to talk trash even though they themselves play like goldfish in a bowl without water

#3 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 01:02 AM

Playing solo is lottery, sometimes you get good battlebuddies sometimes just trash.
I don't know why would you care what they say in that situation as they were clearly wrong and useless trash.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 01:08 AM

View PostMaxzer, on 28 October 2022 - 10:38 PM, said:

the "Faction" that was playing with our team (a full lance of 4) said in VC "Don't worry about it, its not a problem. Focus on the Stalker and Maddog in front".

two of the "faction members" in assault mechs decide to get out of cover and get themselves exposed and killed to a Medium /Heavy mech swarm and thought a 2 v 7 was a good choice to push and fight by themselves and they died promptly... leaving us with 1 assault mech left. ( 6 v 10 at this point )

It sounds like a relatively common case of a premade group dropping mostly to "do their own thing", while ignoring / practically not caring about the rest of their solo team mates.

#5 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 01:22 AM

View Postmartian, on 29 October 2022 - 01:08 AM, said:

It sounds like a relatively common case of a premade group dropping mostly to "do their own thing", while ignoring / practically not caring about the rest of their solo team mates.

Basically what is going on. they continued to talk trash yet they themselves were playing like Neanderthals and in my case, I gave a clear callout with a direction and grid and they said thats a "distraction to the team", yet that was teh PURE reason we lost is due to that flank that killed 3 of us and left our teams BACKS open.

Its very common these days it seems but honestly, im almost tired of it. I really want to just uninstall due to quickplay being so toxic at TIER 2 and TIER 1

View PostCurccu, on 29 October 2022 - 01:02 AM, said:

Playing solo is lottery, sometimes you get good battlebuddies sometimes just trash.
I don't know why would you care what they say in that situation as they were clearly wrong and useless trash.

Yes, absolutely. it seems to be a lottery. sometimes you get a team that's AWESOME and plays their mechs roles and other times you get bozo McGee that then complains in chat 24/7 that you aren't playing META or "playing the game right".

Over the past 7 years its only gotten worse. and MWO is like spoiled milk. gets worse the longer its getting left out. just getting more toxic as the community shrinks is seeming to be the case as the "die hard" and "try hard" people are still playing and I am just looking to have fun

View PostLockheed_, on 29 October 2022 - 12:58 AM, said:

I disabled comms years ago.
Most calls are bad, lack useful information and the rest is mostly people broadcasting their life because they don't use push to talk or they throw temper tantrums.

I would love too, but sometimes INFO from VOICE can help and yes, alot of ppl make HORRIBLE callouts like "HES OVER THERE!" like....... WHERE?!?!?! and with so much going on in the mid-map its almost impossible with the sensory overload of the mech shaking, noises, lights, flashing and screaming over comms.

I do want to disabled it... trust me.. by god I want too. but just sometimes it does work hence why I keep mine on

#6 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 01:30 AM

View PostMaxzer, on 29 October 2022 - 01:22 AM, said:

I would love too, but sometimes INFO from VOICE can help and yes, alot of ppl make HORRIBLE callouts like "HES OVER THERE!" like....... WHERE?!?!?! and with so much going on in the mid-map its almost impossible with the sensory overload of the mech shaking, noises, lights, flashing and screaming over comms.

Spot and Help are pretty OP in command wheel sadly not many knows how to use them.

#7 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 01:33 AM

View PostCurccu, on 29 October 2022 - 01:30 AM, said:

Spot and Help are pretty OP in command wheel sadly not many knows how to use them.

YES EXACTLY THIS!!!!! 100% like... ive played with old (2016-2017) HHOD and there were always callouts, grid callouts. markers and clear comms.

but Idk what it is. more ppl are worried these days it seems to when the "nascar" starts or just tried to 1 V 12 a team expecting to win that engagement without support.

I don't get it! absolutely though, most people don't seem to know how to use the "TARGET SPOTTED" option and just play for themselves.

its a team based game, cant win if you sabotage your own teams intel by well....not giving any at all Posted Image

Edited by Maxzer, 29 October 2022 - 01:34 AM.

#8 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 06:26 AM

Pointless comm call outs are a distraction, and your loadout is bad.

If you find this statement toxic, then I would play something other than the game that basically only offers ranked play.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 October 2022 - 07:07 AM

View PostMaxzer, on 28 October 2022 - 10:38 PM, said:

has anyone else had this experience?
I need to find a team to play with as playing SOLO definitely has its CONS.
I am not saying this to "*****" about the current state of the community but I have had my fair share of bad eggs in a quickplay match Posted Image

Bottom line is, toxic and entitled attitudes seem to be much more common among unskilled players than among the competitively-minded ones. There are some units that outright embrace that behaviour. I won't name them, but I'm sure each of us knows more than one.

I didn't report them or anything, I just moved on with my day and just didn't care. I don't want them banned or kicked or whatever just a really bad experience with some players in quickplay as of recent.
You totes should have reported them. Letting them behave like this without facing any risk of consequences only enables their behaviour and normalizes it.
PGI won't action a single individual report, much less ban or suspend them right away over it, but getting multiple reports from multiple players over time eventually leads to a warning and possibly more drastic action if they continue.

View PostMaxzer, on 29 October 2022 - 01:22 AM, said:

Poor comms practices are consistent with bad players too, unfortunately. There's something to knowing how to play.

View PostCurccu, on 29 October 2022 - 01:30 AM, said:

Or how to react to them. I've had more than a few occasions when I died to an enemy wolfpack while teammates not a hundred meters away just ignored the help pings - on some occasions when I reported the situation on voice comms after pinging or asked why they didn't react, they outright pretended they never saw the ping at all.

View PostMaxzer, on 29 October 2022 - 01:33 AM, said:

I don't get it! absolutely though, most people don't seem to know how to use the "TARGET SPOTTED" option and just play for themselves.
its a team based game, cant win if you sabotage your own teams intel by well....not giving any at all Posted Image

There are some people who outright disable comms and attempt to play MWO as a single player game. Ran into a few both here and on Reddit (as well as in the game).

#10 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 12:02 AM

View PostKnownswift, on 29 October 2022 - 06:26 AM, said:

Pointless comm call outs are a distraction, and your loadout is bad.

If you find this statement toxic, then I would play something other than the game that basically only offers ranked play.

It isn't toxic, its just your opinion. you can like or not like a build someone has! its what I have had the most successful gameplay with as I am averaging around 800-1200 dmg most of the time and maybe 2 - 4 kills so its at least working! So you are entitled on not agreeing with a build.

If it works? it works. META isn't really a factor or a reason I made the post so... Ok? I just try to have a good time.

the build itself isn't particularly bad as its cold, consistent and does alot of burst damage as long as your aim is good. which is around 57 points of damage in a 500 meter engagement range. thats over 50% of a ATLAS CT armor gone in under a second, and Im able to ALPHA 3 times before I overheat as I have full cooling and coolrun upgrades. so its very very decent mid-range ARMOR delete button type of build.

I don't follow the META so sometimes quirky builds work in the right hands as I did 1700+ damage and 3 - 4 kills that match so I was at least doing something right

. and I've been playing since the game released and sadly there aren't really any good alternatives for "PVP" BattleTech games as the only one I am interested in is LIVING LEGENDS.

Yes bad callouts are a distraction but sadly sometimes you need split second reaction and or info to get the upperhand on a engagement. and so most of the time I've noticed COMMS does help but playing with everyone muted makes my own gameplay suffer as the only INFO I get is through TXT CHAT and my MAP / sensor range, and that just sets me up to get shot in the back

Edited by Maxzer, 30 October 2022 - 12:14 AM.

#11 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 12:08 AM

View PostHorseman, on 29 October 2022 - 07:07 AM, said:

Bottom line is, toxic and entitled attitudes seem to be much more common among unskilled players than among the competitively-minded ones. There are some units that outright embrace that behaviour. I won't name them, but I'm sure each of us knows more than one.
You totes should have reported them. Letting them behave like this without facing any risk of consequences only enables their behaviour and normalizes it.
PGI won't action a single individual report, much less ban or suspend them right away over it, but getting multiple reports from multiple players over time eventually leads to a warning and possibly more drastic action if they continue.

Poor comms practices are consistent with bad players too, unfortunately. There's something to knowing how to play.
Or how to react to them. I've had more than a few occasions when I died to an enemy wolfpack while teammates not a hundred meters away just ignored the help pings - on some occasions when I reported the situation on voice comms after pinging or asked why they didn't react, they outright pretended they never saw the ping at all.

There are some people who outright disable comms and attempt to play MWO as a single player game. Ran into a few both here and on Reddit (as well as in the game).

you are absolutely right on every front. I really should have reported them but I didn't.
I just didn't think it was worth it as just like RUST most of the time they are just making an AS$ of themselves, and I just find it funny when they finally realise how stupid they made themselves look and just let it lay from there.

Honestly, im just not the type of person to report someone for just being a JERK. so my mindset is like.. "Whatever, just some tryhard is butthurt that I'm not playing the way he wants"

Sadly it is the case alot of the time with bad callouts and it happens all the time. so its a common occurrence for people to outright sabotage a game due to a bad callout. so its a TOSSUP between good players who actually teamplay and others that just... well.... dont care at all lol.

personally Idc if I win or lose. its more of said "faction" intentionally creating problem

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2022 - 01:42 AM

View PostMaxzer, on 30 October 2022 - 12:08 AM, said:

Sadly it is the case alot of the time with bad callouts and it happens all the time. so its a common occurrence for people to outright sabotage a game due to a bad callout. so its a TOSSUP between good players who actually teamplay and others that just... well.... dont care at all lol.

personally Idc if I win or lose. its more of said "faction" intentionally creating problem
Some units' idea of gameplay is rooted in wishful thinking and personal egos, not in the actual game mechanics. Objectively they screwed up, but it's possible that in their minds they did everything right (WHY ISN'T THE GAME WORKING AS IT'S SUPPOSED TO)

#13 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 01:53 AM

View PostHorseman, on 30 October 2022 - 01:42 AM, said:

Some units' idea of gameplay is rooted in wishful thinking and personal egos, not in the actual game mechanics. Objectively they screwed up, but it's possible that in their minds they did everything right (WHY ISN'T THE GAME WORKING AS IT'S SUPPOSED TO)

yup, exactly. it seems that most "Factions / Groups" that play in quickplay at TIER 2 / TIER 1 most of the time tend to play like selfish ****** instead of actually helping the team.

Not really sure why but you could be right, personal egos and just general stupidity. which in reality they are making a bad call and basically playing in their own bubble.

honestly, I am not asking for them to do much either, just make a callout and listen to what your teammates have to say.
Most of the time from what I can gather is "well they aren't in my SQUAD / FACTION so CLEAAAAAAAAAARLY they are a bozo and know nothing about the game nor can they POSSIBLY make a reliable callout"

and thats what I have come to experience a lot in pubs

Edited by Maxzer, 30 October 2022 - 01:56 AM.

#14 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 30 October 2022 - 02:28 AM

@Maxzer
Ask yourself why premades, especially 4-men, are necessary in casual play with such a low player base in an absolute niche game - particularly when these teams are stuffed with top tier players. I cannot count how often I have heard things like "we want only to play with friends and/or cooperative gameplay". I heard that excuse when battlegrounds were introduced in WoW but when casuals were split from group play guess what? The group queue was dead. That speaks for itself.
Now, if someone gets a kick from rolling over pugs and do this kind of mental mastur------ to feel high and mighty, chances are good that these persons aren't outgoing, friendly and cooperative persons Posted Image In short: what do you expect? Posted Image

Personally, I'd play with only-puggers anytime and accept the chaos then having premades in QP

Edited by Weeny Machine, 30 October 2022 - 02:30 AM.

#15 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 02:36 AM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 30 October 2022 - 02:28 AM, said:

@Maxzer
Ask yourself why premades, especially 4-men, are necessary in casual play with such a low player base in an absolute niche game - particularly when these teams are stuffed with top tier players. I cannot count how often I have heard things like "we want only to play with friends and/or cooperative gameplay". I heard that excuse when battlegrounds were introduced in WoW but when casuals were split from group play guess what? The group queue was dead. That speaks for itself.
Now, if someone gets a kick from rolling over pugs and do this kind of mental mastur------ to feel high and mighty, chances are good that these persons aren't outgoing, friendly and cooperative persons Posted Image In short: what do you expect? Posted Image

Personally, I'd play with only-puggers anytime and accept the chaos then having premades in QP

honestly why I need a group, Posted Image Playing SOLO tends to suck in MWO nowadays and its hard to find the "fun" in pubs honestly, yea true that, people do play in 4-man pubs to act that way sometimes and sometimes even encourage that type of behavior. sadly it ruins the "team aspect" of it and really ruins the "vibe" per-say honestly.

when you play solo and die. some shmuck from a "clan / faction" talks trash in VC on "how bad you are" yet you did most of the work and then some that those said 4 players couldn't do themselves.

and yes, as of these days, I am fully expecting it but its to the point that its every other game or every single game in a night where some bozo screams in his mic saying "DONT PLAY LIKE THAT!!! WAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAH" for the whole dang match.

honestly irritating. buuuut doesn't stop me from having fun, just I feel as if its happening enough that it ruins the gameplay loop I used to enjoy so much Posted Image

its also a big reason I gave MWO such a long break is due to the gameplay loop being more about who has more "meta" on one team than the other and not playing the actual objective which currently as it is the game is seeming to be build exclusively around DAMAGE playstyles and fully ignoring OBJ or whatever.

Edited by Maxzer, 30 October 2022 - 03:29 AM.

#16 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 05:17 AM

View PostMaxzer, on 30 October 2022 - 02:36 AM, said:

honestly why I need a group, Posted Image Playing SOLO tends to suck in MWO nowadays and its hard to find the "fun" in pubs honestly, yea true that, people do play in 4-man pubs to act that way sometimes and sometimes even encourage that type of behavior. sadly it ruins the "team aspect" of it and really ruins the "vibe" per-say honestly.

when you play solo and die. some shmuck from a "clan / faction" talks trash in VC on "how bad you are" yet you did most of the work and then some that those said 4 players couldn't do themselves.

and yes, as of these days, I am fully expecting it but its to the point that its every other game or every single game in a night where some bozo screams in his mic saying "DONT PLAY LIKE THAT!!! WAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAH" for the whole dang match.

honestly irritating. buuuut doesn't stop me from having fun, just I feel as if its happening enough that it ruins the gameplay loop I used to enjoy so much Posted Image

its also a big reason I gave MWO such a long break is due to the gameplay loop being more about who has more "meta" on one team than the other and not playing the actual objective which currently as it is the game is seeming to be build exclusively around DAMAGE playstyles and fully ignoring OBJ or whatever.

I took a couple of months off. I have been playing since ca. 4 days again. Today I was TKed right after the start etc. I repored him but hey, they won't do much as usual. First he said a half-assed sorry. Then: "when a light caps and is chilling at the first node".... Well, lights usually cap so the slow mechs can move forward and the light can easily overtake them later. So, the behaviour of people gets worse. I guess I will put that game aside. It seems there is not much fun left these days.

Edited by Weeny Machine, 30 October 2022 - 05:18 AM.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 08:16 AM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 30 October 2022 - 05:17 AM, said:

I took a couple of months off. I have been playing since ca. 4 days again. Today I was TKed right after the start etc. I repored him but hey, they won't do much as usual. First he said a half-assed sorry. Then: "when a light caps and is chilling at the first node".... Well, lights usually cap so the slow mechs can move forward and the light can easily overtake them later. So, the behaviour of people gets worse. I guess I will put that game aside. It seems there is not much fun left these days.

I have seen some assault players attempting to cap in Conquest since this is the only thing that they dare to do in the game. You know, the not unusual situation: The team is fighting for their lives at Theta and losing ... and the opened Battlegrid is showing friendly Stalker or Fafnir capping some remote base in the corner of the map.

So I guess that he was annoyed that because of your fast base capture he was not able to scrape even those few points for capping. Posted Image

My advice? Move to T1. Posted Image I have not seen such behaviour in the post-reset MWO.

If you think about it, it is logical: Teamkillers ruin their own Match Score with the teamkills and friendly damage and that hinders their movement upwards to the upper Tiers.

#18 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 11:51 AM

View Postmartian, on 30 October 2022 - 08:16 AM, said:

I have seen some assault players attempting to cap in Conquest since this is the only thing that they dare to do in the game. You know, the not unusual situation: The team is fighting for their lives at Theta and losing ... and the opened Battlegrid is showing friendly Stalker or Fafnir capping some remote base in the corner of the map.

So I guess that he was annoyed that because of your fast base capture he was not able to scrape even those few points for capping. Posted Image

My advice? Move to T1. Posted Image I have not seen such behaviour in the post-reset MWO.

If you think about it, it is logical: Teamkillers ruin their own Match Score with the teamkills and friendly damage and that hinders their movement upwards to the upper Tiers.

I am in T2...and it was a match with lots of T1 peeps. I looked forward to it because both sides had a lot, so I supposed it would be an interesting match.

#19 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 12:01 PM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 30 October 2022 - 11:51 AM, said:

I am in T2...and it was a match with lots of T1 peeps. I looked forward to it because both sides had a lot, so I supposed it would be an interesting match.

Who knows. Lots of friendly damage can really hurt MS/PSR. With teamkills he is punishing himself.

#20 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 12:35 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 30 October 2022 - 12:10 PM, said:

The TKer clearly doesn't care and in the meantime is crapping all over a teammate's game night.

As I said, I have not seen such situation for years.

Of course, there were cases when somebody created a throwaway account, dropped in the Trial Daishi and started teamkilling other players, but that was a long time ago.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users