Gameplay Social

59 replies to this topic

#41 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 07:26 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 02 November 2022 - 03:08 PM, said:

...Okay. So how do we get these changes made? Who does it, and how do we convince them to make them? I'm getting sick of players acting like I should be on their level just because I ended up in the same game as them.

And I already asked about whether there was any word of changes to MM in the Cauldron discord, before you say that. They either are not aware of any plans for it or simply don't give a damn. Furthermore, if a T3 encountering T5s is sealclubbing what does that make someone sitting in a 95 percentile or better spot running into T3s? Tu ******* quoque much.

There aren't enough people to even vaguely form a workable matchmaker outside of peak times in middle tiers. When I am playing, I have to wait for the previous match to finish for there to be enough people to drop again. That means that 2s and 3s will be getting dragged outside of their preferred zone to fill out numbers.

Even then, I ocassionally just give up and play something else. At the moment, I've gotten in 3 matches in just under 30 minutes. I've done a load of laundry, a few facebook and forum posts, fed the cat, and started making dinner all while in queue for matches.

Back when MM tried to enforce tier and weight class seperation, I once played a whole HBS Battletech campaign exclusively whilst waiting in MWO queue. That was when they started easing MM for sake of not pushing players away, the queue times were getting ridiculous.

#42 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 November 2022 - 11:15 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 02 November 2022 - 03:08 PM, said:

Who does it, and how do we convince them to make them?
PGI (duh), and I believe the last time that happened it was a result of pestering them (Russ especially) on Twitter.

And I already asked about whether there was any word of changes to MM in the Cauldron discord, before you say that. They either are not aware of any plans for it or simply don't give a damn.
Reevaluating and adjusting the values of match score kickers was one of the things named in the initial announcement IIRC.

Furthermore, if a T3 encountering T5s is sealclubbing what does that make someone sitting in a 95 percentile or better spot running into T3s?
Other than that new players don't begin in T3 (at least not any more), there's functionally no difference. You have the matchmaker putting together players with an extremely wide skill gap just for the sake of creating matches faster. Nobody but for career bullies and masochists is going to enjoy that kind of shitshow.

Tu ******* quoque much.
So because you think a situation advantages me means I should not object to it and not speak against it? Stop projecting your own poor attitude and lack of sportsmanship onto me.
As I recall, you were taking steps to deliberately lower your MMR.
I don't, and despite occasional dips in performance I pretty much can hardly get it much higher than it is, bud - the ******* bar is filled already.
Posted Image
Now consider what it actually means in the light that I'm a fairly mediocre player and the matchmaker is barely, if at all, able to distinguish me from someone like Bows3r or Sustained Eye Contact because the scale doesn't go any higher. Positing a hypothetical where all three of us are in the queue at the same time, guess which of us three it would be advantageous for you to match against compared to the other two? That alone proves that, two years after the Great Reset, the pilot rankings are ****** again and the matchmaking system along with them because it's again fed garbage for input.

The only thing at this point I could do to stop the matchmaker from inflicting me on T3s like yourself would be to stop playing the game entirely - and I'm already limiting myself to mostly just playing the events.

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 02 November 2022 - 08:21 PM, said:

How many players online do you need to make a match
Because 16 is clearly an option going by some EQ matches
8v8 was the norm during the beta. I've got nothing against it.

There were apparently 4v4, 2v2 and 1v1 modes at some point in the past
Yes, all of which PGI failed to properly integrate into the game, failed to support, failed to promote and once players inexplicably stopped engaging with the modes - scrapped them.

Which is a pity, because I loved both Scouting and Solaris - the latter moreso, as it distilled the game to pure 1v1 engagement and I more often found opponents who could actually push my combat abilities to the limit, forcing me to learn, adapt and reevaluate my strategies. It was f***ing glorious.

You want to complain about me sinking to T4, Horseman, these guys on tonight are doing a great job of sending me back there from 2 tiers up. You can spare me your whinging about sealclubbing while this is going on.
You're the one complaining when you're on the receiving end while seeing nothing wrong with doing the same to others.
Either both of those are wrong and should not be happening or neither of them is wrong. Make your pick.

Edited by Horseman, 03 November 2022 - 12:56 AM.

#43 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 03 November 2022 - 12:21 AM

Here are the unwritten rules of MWO:

1-If people die before you, it's your fault.

2-If people die who think they are better than you, it's your fault.

3-If a group drop dies before you, it's your fault.

4-If anything ever goes wrong, it is never he who whines first's fault.

What else is there to know?

At least half the people in any given QP match are drunk.

People have abused the 'need help' button to the point where it's meaningless.

The way to get help is to carry a UAV to pop. Nothing else compares, and even a UAV may not bring help.

#44 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 04:18 AM

View PostStrelok7, on 02 November 2022 - 02:34 PM, said:

You got to remember that you are sometimes playing with childrenPosted Image, and also certain immature adults.Posted Image Plus action games are tension inducing. If you win = awesome, lose = anger. BTW - watch out for transferring that anger on your family members after playing, it is not fair to them.

I lost - so I have to flame and vent - cause I won't get my dopamine, let me spread my anger.

Just know what you are in for at that particular game day. If you are determined to have fun, take action to not let others be a drain on you. Garbage and hate on VOIP = OFF it goes, garbage in chat = don't bother reading. Rounds suck - no biggie - log off, come back another time. Go do something else.

Enjoy your time!

1,000% agreed

Edited by Maxzer, 03 November 2022 - 04:18 AM.

#45 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 04:27 AM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 30 October 2022 - 04:03 PM, said:

I just turned my tier on to shove that in your face.

Bar is about 1/6 full.

I have caught you T1s being terrible.

#46 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 04:32 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 03 November 2022 - 04:27 AM, said:

Exactly how I reacted lol

#47 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 12:39 PM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 03 November 2022 - 05:30 AM, said:

He asserted that I could not be seeing T1s and that I was therefore making up things wholecloth.

Someone else (forget who) said it was weird that I was calling Jarls inaccurate.

Right now it claims my overall percentile is 92 percent. I'm calling ********. We're straight past impostor syndrome at this point, I'm absolutely questioning how it makes that calculation because it's questionable as hell.

Percentile isnt a very usefull statistic, since (as u can see in the description) it is simply comparing your adjusted match score (avg match score with weight modifier) with the remaining players base. Your sample size is small (only 2 month). Your wl is above 1.0 as is kd and your match score is over average (ad u can check in global stats). Sadly ms is easy to game with blast dmg etc. Most players wl is quite close to 1 with even the top players only in the 2-3 range. Sure u can bring a good premade, but that gets old rly fast. Most good groups avoid qp like a plague and where actively trying to prevent soup and mm getting +2 range). If u got the bad luck to always end up I the same match with one pm maybe just grab a beer and bye the time u come back you are out of their drop rate.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 03 November 2022 - 12:51 PM.

#48 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 03 November 2022 - 01:12 PM

first off i couldn't give two shits about what some other site says your ranking is. i play for fun and just ignore my Tier number. i tend to play a LOT of experiment builds and just stuff for fun. been playing for many years on and off. i'm a T3 play maybe T2 if i played boring meta garbage and i find that just fine.

now to the OP's statement.

the biggest give-a-way for the toxicity you are encountering is the fact that you are T1, it has been my experience that the higher in Tier you get more toxic **** bags and meta try hard crybabies you run into (fyi anyone can do good in a meta build, play something odd/ sub optimal and get the same numbers then come back to me). also as you get higher in tier you see less and less diversity in mechs and builds. its the main reason i stopped playing Faction play. it just seemed full of over competitive toxic cry babies.

hell i am one of those players that will just jabber a bit while the team is loading or doing the long walk. once battle starts i usually go to battle coms. i will sometimes mention something about my build and if someone has something constructive to say about it (positive or negative) i'm fine with it. its those toxic **** bags thats "that mech sucks" or "with that mech you have to run this" or the biggest shitlords "oh you have LRM you suck" (in the later case my performance with LRM is all over the place because it is so dependent on so many factors from if you team knows about the R key to if the ither team has a Corsair-7A over there and tons of ECM). (honestly i love killing those meta try hards with the weapon system they seem to hate the most just so i can laugh at them for not carrying an AMS)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 03 November 2022 - 01:14 PM.

#49 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 03 November 2022 - 01:24 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 03 November 2022 - 01:12 PM, said:

first off i couldn't give two shits about what some other site says your ranking is. i play for fun and just ignore my Tier number. i tend to play a LOT of experiment builds and just stuff for fun. been playing for many years on and off. i'm a T3 play maybe T2 if i played boring meta garbage and i find that just fine.

the biggest give-a-way for the toxicity you are encountering is the fact that you are T1, it has been my experience that the higher in Tier you get more toxic **** bags and meta try hard crybabies you run into (fyi anyone can do good in a meta build, play something odd/ sub optimal and get the same numbers then come back to me). also as you get higher in tier you see less and less diversity in mechs and builds. its the main reason i stopped playing Faction play. it just seemed full of over competitive toxic cry babies.

hell i am one of those players that will just jabber a bit while the team is loading or doing the long walk. once battle starts i usually go to battle coms. i will sometimes mention something about my build and if someone has something constructive to say about it (positive or negative) i'm fine with it. its those toxic **** bags thats "that mech sucks" or "with that mech you have to run this" or the biggest shitlords "oh you have LRM you suck" (in the later case my performance with LRM is all over the place because it is so dependent on so many factors from if you team knows about the R key to if the ither team has a Corsair-7A over there and tons of ECM). (honestly i love killing those meta try hards with the weapon system they seem to hate the most just so i can laugh at them for not carrying an AMS)

I recently played an alternate account to nearly T1, initially because some IRL friends were playing who were new, and then as an experiment to see how well I could do playing just an Executioner (a 'Mech I struggled to get to grips with). Since Ricky is in T1 and Oh My God Chandler Bing is in T2, I can pretty much say that in the last few months I have seen every tier. The crap talking really does not get better or worse, in all tiers there are those who think they know better. The biggest difference is that on average, people talk less and use the command wheel more as you progress in tier.

Edited by RickySpanish, 03 November 2022 - 01:38 PM.

#50 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 03 November 2022 - 02:09 PM

i did get nearly to T1 before the PSR reset.

#51 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 03:02 PM

hmm, i see 2 power house PILOTS, 1 i have played with, but was 2 years to young,--- and the VOICE of a god, my voice served me well in the army, IS Sustained Eye Contact. HE IS A MONSTER, LIKE RAMBO .
SORRY DUDE your legend, and have a RAP sheet, question is who is
Ding Toast is Ready SAWK Clanner

#52 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 03:12 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 03 November 2022 - 12:39 PM, said:

Percentile isnt a very usefull statistic, since (as u can see in the description) it is simply comparing your adjusted match score (avg match score with weight modifier) with the remaining players base. Your sample size is small (only 2 month). Your wl is above 1.0 as is kd and your match score is over average (ad u can check in global stats).

He is either a name change or an alt account. The later most likely. When you look at the super salty perspective, yet he's made a new account to farm new players...

#53 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 03 November 2022 - 03:46 PM

To be fair jokes about dead babies and mustard gas attacks are pretty funny. I heard a few that'd make you choke.

#54 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 04:44 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 03 November 2022 - 12:39 PM, said:

If u got the bad luck to always end up I the same match with one pm maybe just grab a beer and bye the time u come back you are out of their drop rate.

Or check all servers. I prefer getting a game quickly so I don't care if it's EU, US or Oceania. Someone trying to maximise their efficiency will probably prefer the better ping from playing on only the closest server. I rarely bump into the same guys from one game to another.

#55 Maxzer

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 08:58 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 03 November 2022 - 01:12 PM, said:

It really does seem that way, most of the the people at T2 -> T1 tend to be alot more....."Back seat" gamer type of people then the former tiers.

Yes, most of them tend to bicker and cry when you dont use the "optimal" build. and honestly, its annoying.
I will say. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY META TO WIN OR HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Personally, I could care less for META as it makes the game Black and white and boring.
But TBF alot of people just want to WIN. I am not one of them, I look for the fun in the game.

#56 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 08:16 AM

But what if one is here just to **** on people?

#57 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 03:23 PM

hmm many of best pilots just say hi, or shut up, and hang back and get there kills : ).

SAWK

#58 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 05 November 2022 - 12:44 PM

View PostMaxzer, on 03 November 2022 - 08:58 PM, said:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY META TO WIN OR HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Personally, I could care less for META as it makes the game Black and white and boring.
But TBF alot of people just want to WIN. I am not one of them, I look for the fun in the game.

this right here, why can't people just have fun. silly builds that work aren't silly (yes the Catapult mindset, if it fits it works, if it works do it) (See Tex Talks Battletech on the Catapult)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 05 November 2022 - 12:44 PM.

#59 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 09:35 AM

View PostDing Toast is Ready, on 03 November 2022 - 05:59 PM, said:

Are there playstyles that work well with higher ping or other ways to deal with latency (that aren't lock ons, I don't really do well with those)

I must admit that I'm not really a good enough player that my usual ~120 or ~250 latency to the two other servers is the problem. There's bound to be some posts about latency on the forums though.

#60 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 10:03 AM

View PostSpetulhu, on 06 November 2022 - 09:35 AM, said:

I must admit that I'm not really a good enough player that my usual ~120 or ~250 latency to the two other servers is the problem. There's bound to be some posts about latency on the forums though.

The only times I can legit blame my ping is when my WiFi decides to choke and it goes to quadruple digits :v

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users