Rifleman 2C Suggestion

2 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 05:46 PM

i have grown to like the rifleman2c and the hard points are ok though not ideal. Here is my suggestion for the 2c or at least a variant, remove one of the 2 daca points in the arms and move it to torso and add another daca in the torso to accompany it giving the mech 8 daca points in the arms and side torsos. here is why i suggested it. the one variant i am using now has 2 lb20 and 2 heavy mgs in it. i would love 2 daca points in the side torsos so i can add more heavy machine guns making the rifleman 2c a true terror weapon that can still dish out punishment after the arms are ripped off.

#2 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 946 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 November 2022 - 07:40 AM

Not gonna happen mostly because it need work + there is no such variant of the chassis.
The Rifleman (IS and Clan both) are primarily anti-air units thus torso-mounted weapons have little to no use to them. However their arms could be rotate up and flip to backward firing-arc able to hit targets full power behind them without turn. JagerMech, Jenner, Cicada and if remember well, the Lancelot also could done that (not implemented in the game just like the back-mounted lasers for the IS mechs).
As a hero mech? Hard to explain because it is a second-line\garrison mech for "not-good-enough" mechwarriors, the typical type not permitted to refit their own mechs as they wish. Front-line warriors have such privileges (bloodnamed ones sure have) but those just not pilot second-grade mechs if they could use superior omnimechs (nerfed to the ground and twisted in-game but that is a whole different topic on it's own)...
So, no, no such variants would be done. And when your arms are gone those HMGs would not help because Riflemen are slow and bulky, would be killed from 800-900 metres away easily. No true meaning for that even if it first sounds delicious. Spare the tonnage for more LB-20X ammo instead or switch to Ultra 20s. LB-X is good for frag-damage but ultras' "double-tap to double-damage" could trump that (however their tendecies to jam could be annoying and more frequent that it should be)...

#3 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 21 November 2022 - 04:03 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 20 November 2022 - 07:40 AM, said:

Not gonna happen mostly because it need work + there is no such variant of the chassis.
The Rifleman (IS and Clan both) are primarily anti-air units thus torso-mounted weapons have little to no use to them. However their arms could be rotate up and flip to backward firing-arc able to hit targets full power behind them without turn. JagerMech, Jenner, Cicada and if remember well, the Lancelot also could done that (not implemented in the game just like the back-mounted lasers for the IS mechs).
As a hero mech? Hard to explain because it is a second-line\garrison mech for "not-good-enough" mechwarriors, the typical type not permitted to refit their own mechs as they wish. Front-line warriors have such privileges (bloodnamed ones sure have) but those just not pilot second-grade mechs if they could use superior omnimechs (nerfed to the ground and twisted in-game but that is a whole different topic on it's own)...
So, no, no such variants would be done. And when your arms are gone those HMGs would not help because Riflemen are slow and bulky, would be killed from 800-900 metres away easily. No true meaning for that even if it first sounds delicious. Spare the tonnage for more LB-20X ammo instead or switch to Ultra 20s. LB-X is good for frag-damage but ultras' "double-tap to double-damage" could trump that (however their tendecies to jam could be annoying and more frequent that it should be)...

Off topic, but the Longbow is also an AA mech, using missiles instead. In the current (IlClan/3145) era sourcebooks they released a variant that removes the missile tubes from the bins and replaces them with UAC20's....
It retains the AA quirks and role

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users