#1 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 November 2022 - 11:58 PM

Hey there everyone.

So this is an idea that popped into my head when I took a break from MWO for a bit. The base game (MWO) is fun, I enjoy playing, and I think I'm not the only one who feels the same way. That being said, there is room for improvement in the future. and No I'm not talking about MW5 here.

It's time to start thinking about MWO 2.0. or MWO2. (title can be changed) I feel like something that would do the MW series would be to make something akin to a full sim of game.

Now being a mech pilot is fun and all. But what about the other roles in the MW universe? How about tank jocks, Infantry wearing Toad suits, Mech repair crews? artillery and rocket forces? Command and Control? All things that are basically unexplored in MechWarrior games.

Now I know PGI's License with MW is coming to an end soon. But that doesn't mean that this isn't something that we can begin laying the groundwork on.

I propose that we start putting together petitions for PGI and the development team of ARMA 3 begin a joint development of a new MechWarrior game, on a scale that would be much bigger then all previous MW games. Maps that are massive, PvP and PvE game play potential, abilities to fly Dropships from point A to point B, MFB's (MechWarrior 3 style) and roles that are not typically used in MW games. Basically, MechWarrior based ARMA 3 style game. This said, I believe the only way this happens. is if the fan base gets behind it and we show that the companies that will make this happen, will be able to make something back off it. That said, please avoid the "this will never happen' stuff, Will it be hard, will there be hurtles that these companies will have to push through but that wont happen without a fan base that is willing to support them and bring this to life.

As always, opinions and positive feedback are very much welcome.

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 December 2022 - 08:30 AM

they could just port to unreal since they already have made mw5 on it.

#3 hbgpanther

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2022 - 06:10 AM

The essence of this sounds like it's looking for MWLL2 with a bigger budget, honestly.

#4 _Bogo_

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 11:55 AM

And with Quad mechs, and Melee.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users