Posted 13 December 2022 - 01:25 PM

Woo-hoo lootbags!

#3 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 02:14 PM

it's going to be rough for me to fit getting all the lootbags with how busy I am around x-mas. I was really hoping each bag was only going to need 50 score/damage per

#4 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 02:51 PM

Thanks, these are always lots of fun. To mimic what Mino said though doing 3 weeks around the holidays and having to get a 15k match score is pretty tough. Could you maybe consider doing 75 or 50 match score per gift bag?

Also are the items on the 300 loot bags the 5% bonus ones? They look like they are?

Lastly I noticed you guys have events que's coming up, I love those. However PLEASE ADDRESS :) the match score issue when running the events ques. If you haven't noticed you buff everything else with the exception of the match score. That means your awesome 4 mech drop 20-minute games might net you 200-300 match score. It makes it really hard for lower players to want to join events que vs. just grinding it out for loot bags in QP.

#5 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 13 December 2022 - 03:37 PM

play world of tanks and try to finish one of their event goals/weekly missions.
you gonna apprechiate the "difficulty" of MWO events ;)

#6 Jarok van Sagittaron

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 03:59 PM

PGI, you're very generous! Therefore I forgive you the nerf on my brand new Crusader 6T!

#7 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 04:08 PM

no warhorns/themed items in the lootbags again :(

#8 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 06:59 PM

Thx, PGI!

#9 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 December 2022 - 06:35 AM

View PostNyandere, on 13 December 2022 - 04:08 PM, said:

no warhorns/themed items in the lootbags again Posted Image

Maybe not, but there are at least a few WarHorns which you can find in some of those Event Trackers between both that Advent Pack and the Stocking Stuffers... I know those are not many, but they happen to be better than nothing! :)

~D. V. "pointing out where these 2022 Holiday Events do give WarHorns to enjoy" Devnull

#10 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 05:50 PM

lots of holiday stuff and things - keep at it folks. events are sort of fun, stocking stuffers are fun - heck! that's why I play MWO for the fun - keep it coming

#11 Le Bum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 01:08 AM

Just would like to point out that it seems no loot bags are being earned from event queue. Not sure if that's intentional or not, the stocking stuffer page says "any game mode".

#12 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 December 2022 - 08:54 AM

View PostLe Bum, on 18 December 2022 - 01:08 AM, said:

Just would like to point out that it seems no loot bags are being earned from event queue. Not sure if that's intentional or not, the stocking stuffer page says "any game mode".

True. EQ scores not count toward lootbags' scores!
BTW, instead of x3 CBs can not we ger x3 matchscore in EQ? I collect lootbags for XP (any kind) because I have sh!tload of CBs (over 140.000.000 I use only to skill mechs)...

#13 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 December 2022 - 02:57 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 18 December 2022 - 08:54 AM, said:

True. EQ scores not count toward lootbags' scores!
BTW, instead of x3 CBs can not we ger x3 matchscore in EQ? I collect lootbags for XP (any kind) because I have sh!tload of CBs (over 140.000.000 I use only to skill mechs)...

Match Score when you're dealing with a Drop Deck is apparently being handled in the same manner as Faction Play. Unfortunately this means that what you're asking for having change done on is hard-coded and will be tough to fix. Worse, it so happens that the Match Score you're earning is being heavily deducted from every time one of your Mechs is killed. It really should only be docked when you've lost all of your Mechs, and not before then. That's why you're getting so little from Event Queue if any at all, and why some players (other than me, as I try not to operate on the following kind of thinking) reject properly playing towards a Victory for their whole Team over in the Faction Play environment. Some people simply do not put up with being heavily over-punished because of their Mechs being wrecked. I'm only being long-winded about this due to how many years overdue fixes for that happen to be. :mellow:

~D. V. "making note of Match Score mechanics as affected by a Drop Deck being used" Devnull

#14 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 07:09 AM

View Postminnowzzz, on 13 December 2022 - 02:14 PM, said:

it's going to be rough for me to fit getting all the lootbags with how busy I am around x-mas. I was really hoping each bag was only going to need 50 score/damage per lootbag.

View PostAll Your Bases, on 13 December 2022 - 02:51 PM, said:

Thanks, these are always lots of fun. To mimic what Mino said though doing 3 weeks around the holidays and having to get a 15k match score is pretty tough. Could you maybe consider doing 75 or 50 match score per gift bag?

Considering the current skill level I am seeing in games that might not be a bad idea actually!

Man what a horror! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

View Post1312SHR1312, on 13 December 2022 - 03:37 PM, said:

play world of tanks and try to finish one of their event goals/weekly missions.
you gonna apprechiate the "difficulty" of MWO events Posted Image

Maybe the skill level and player count is higher there and thus easier than MWO at the moment! LOL! Posted Image

But seriously : Some examples ?? :)

#15 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 21 December 2022 - 04:06 AM

similar activities give a purpose in the game. I wish it was permanent. I followed throughout the event.

#16 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 07:05 PM

HA! @Picture Art Posted Image . Just realized that Urbie is dressed as Max and Corsair as Grinch. I guess they are in Mechwhoville.
Clever! Good one, as always!

#17 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 22 December 2022 - 02:15 AM

View PostAll Your Bases, on 13 December 2022 - 02:51 PM, said:

frankly, I am against events becoming easier. less grindy, maybe. but it doesn't feel rewarding to just get extra participation rewards for matches. imo mwo events simply aren't challenging and don't really add much to the game except free stuff.

the current average match score across the entire player base is 243. even if you're slightly below average and only score 200, it takes 75 matches to complete an event that's running for ~20 days, that means 4 matches a day and you pass. frankly, that's a participation award.

I don't want the match score requirement to be heightened though, since that only makes it more grindy, but it would be cool to see some special missions like the old "Get 500 match score once" for some additional loot bags.

#18 Jarok van Sagittaron

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 10:22 AM

View Postghost1e, on 22 December 2022 - 02:15 AM, said:

frankly, that's a participation award.

I go with that. Low player base but let's keep things moving.

As long as this game lasts I decide to have fun with it.

#19 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 04:08 PM

View Postghost1e, on 22 December 2022 - 02:15 AM, said:

It would be cool to see some special missions like the old "Get 500 match score once" for some additional loot bags.

Thought we had one of those today but it turns out that it's not a one round thing but a grand total instead! Oops! Posted Image LOL! Posted Image

#20 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 04:32 PM

I gotta say these are the worst lootbag drawings I've ever got. 50k cbills, 5 mc, 1 gsp, an airstrike. Im like 200 bags in and haven't gotten a single 25 gsp or 500k. All low tier values

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users