Mw6 In Development?

22 replies to this topic

#21 s0da72

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 12:17 PM

When I first saw the '5' in the title I thought they were going to do it as a DLC. Oh well. I'll wait for the reviews first before jumping in. Listening to NoGutsNoGalaxy video on it, it sounded like this was going to use hand crafted stories not procedural.

However after playing Starfield I'm bit spoiled now. I love the way you can pick your landing destinations on a planet. I just couldn't help think of how great that would have been if Mechwarrior 5 worked in a similar way. I know Starfield has gotten a lot of flack from the player base about the fast travel stuff, but compared to Mechwarrior 5 it's way better. Just seems more immersive in comparison.

#22 KAYHOTIC

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2023 - 04:10 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 January 2023 - 07:35 AM, said:

considering what I know of PGI I'm not getting my hopes up... Probably won't even let us play the clan side or if they do clans will suck.

you probably feel really stupid right about now, huh?

#23 Nevermore223

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 03:28 PM

I hope EG7 dosen't pour a bunch of money into this...get a decent player base established and drop it like microsoft did when they bought out FASA. The only reason MW4 lasted as long as it did was because the player base funded servers themselves. Evil Cow spent a lot of time and money keeping that game going as well. I know Russ and the rest of the PGI team probablly spent a lot of sleepless nights worrying about work load, delivery dates, payroll and a million other things that they figured would fall by the way side because of time constraints. I think a lot of people overlook, or just dont understand that aspect of running a buisness. Russ, I hope for all of our sakes, your choice was a good one. I am not dead yet...and I damn sure ain't ready to quit playin MW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users