"mwo Is Already Installed" After Uninstall

9 replies to this topic

#1 IDontLikeNames

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Some time ago, I stopped playing MWO, for a few reasons. So, I uninstalled it to save some disk space, and now, 8 or so months later, I just downloaded the installer, and it says "MWO is already installed". I have since got a 2TB auxillary drive, so I tried to install it on that, same issue. Ive tried the typical installation, and a custom install both on my primary drive and auxillary drive. Same error on both, I cannot find an MWO file on my computer, aside the installer. Anyone know how to fix this?

#2 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

probably some registry keys remained hooked somewhere. try to manually clear anything mwo related into registry - just run regedit and search for mwo and delete everything you find - related to mwo ofcourse. at reinstallation the keys will be recreated.

#3 IDontLikeNames

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

50 some registries later, it worked. Thanks.

#4 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

np. glad i could help :D

#5 GrimReality

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 98 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

For future reference, or to anybody else who might also have this problem, rather than manually going through the registry, try a registry cleaner like CCleaner. It's free, easy to use, thorough, and light weight (make sure to not include any bloatware during the install though).

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Run that after an uninstall, then try the reinstall of MWO (or whatever program you're reinstalling)

#6 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostGrimReality, on 07 April 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

For future reference, or to anybody else who might also have this problem, rather than manually going through the registry, try a registry cleaner like CCleaner. It's free, easy to use, thorough, and light weight (make sure to not include any bloatware during the install though).

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Run that after an uninstall, then try the reinstall of MWO (or whatever program you're reinstalling)

Unfortunately ccleaner doesn't always get the MWO entries in your registry and this has been proven numerous times in the past. heres the instructions. to clean it manually but be cautious.

start->run (windows key->r)
type "regedit" (minus quotes) into the run menu, hit enter
using regedit navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\piranha games
delete the piranha games folder tree in regedit, save, reboot, then try to reinstall MWO and it should work.

#7 Sirswears

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

LOL just had the same problem went to www.ninite.com grabbed REVO uninstaller put it into hunt mode ran the mech warrior online uninstaller and used REVO to monitor it in the registry deleted all the leftover junk and it the reinstall worked a treat

#8 MadMarc12

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 08:08 AM

I'm having this problem. I moved the game to another drive, as the original one had run out of space. I tried to run it, no good. I've done this before without any problems, but this time I'm confounded. I've uninstalled it completely, even searching for remaining anythings named mwo. I've tried regedit and removing the piranha entry (which included mw5) and I've even tried CCleaner. NO LUCK! Anything else to try? Should I give REVO a whirl?

I can't find REVO in the microsoft store

Edited by MadMarc12, 30 December 2022 - 08:15 AM.

#9 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 30 December 2022 - 09:17 AM

View PostMadMarc12, on 30 December 2022 - 08:08 AM, said:

I'm having this problem. I moved the game to another drive, as the original one had run out of space. I tried to run it, no good. I've done this before without any problems, but this time I'm confounded. I've uninstalled it completely, even searching for remaining anythings named mwo. I've tried regedit and removing the piranha entry (which included mw5) and I've even tried CCleaner. NO LUCK! Anything else to try? Should I give REVO a whirl?

I can't find REVO in the microsoft store

Have you checked this folder: "HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node"?

#10 MadMarc12

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 10:16 AM

I tried deleting the registry key in HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node, but it said "unable to delete all specified values"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users