Cpu & Gpu Scaling Benchmark, I3-13100 Vs. R5 5600 Aka When A 4090 Makes No Sense

2 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 18 January 2023 - 10:07 AM

Hardware Unboxed about sub 150$ CPU Scaling:

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 20 January 2023 - 05:11 PM

This is why I buy last years high end tech on discount. No worries about scaling and no worries about getting zapped in the wallet by 300%+ margins. Happily sailing along with an 11900k that was almost $900 new but dropped down to $270 at microcenter during the last years holiday sales to get rid of old stock.

As to the 4090, meh. Yeah its super powerful but so are the high end 3080+ gpu too and good luck finding a 4090 for anywhere near msrp. The 4080 and lower are just disappointing at their price points especially the cut down 4070ti which has laughable memory bandwidth which gimps it at 4k where it should work just fine. More screwing around with gamers wallets yet again and amd is looking like their zeal to get out competitive products is hitting a QA nightmare and their gpu and cpu dies are melting under certain conditions.

Glad I nabbed an evga 3090 before they stopped making gpu. It's top quality and will run my games maxed out for years to come.

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 11:59 PM

Totally agree, the new Hardware pricing is attempted robbery and last gen Hardware on sale is the only reasonable choice for gamers.

I understand that some people that do business may find advantages in the 4090 and actually earn money with it - but they have the CPU capacity also and they are still guided by reason - so best profit for them.

But the kind of chills chanting "the more you buy the less you pay" can go for the hills with eyes pls! Posted Image

Edited by Thorqemada, 21 January 2023 - 12:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users