Posted Image

#22 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 07:32 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 01 February 2023 - 06:04 PM, said:

They're probably not going to be able to do that from raw sales on one DLC - but it's good to keep that feedback showing up. I'd like MWO2 as well; but we'll have to see how well the new initiatives to revitalize faction warfare work out.

For me there's nothing that interests me in the slightest in spending money on this game. Legendary mechs aren't going to do it, new Hunch/Commando (original mech lines) might get one purchase and that's about it.

But it wouldn't take very many 10-15 dollar dlcs to get a substantial portion of the player base into the 100+ range, plus a cost for the expansion itself. And just let people run whatever mechs they have accumulated that aren't from mods, they bought the mechpacks with the dlc, and the old heroes are all well paid for between this game and the sales of the base game(s).

And keeping all the games tied together under the same launcher makes the dlc's a value add for the other games/expansion which will only help to drive the sales especially when they haven't been able to convince themselves they can expand the game without it being a mechpack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users