Splat If You Don't Want To Cat

9 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 10:10 PM

Been working out this Bushwhacker-P1 for a bit, 91 points of sandblasting fun and more or less manageable on the heat.
2x mrm20 + 4x srm6 no gh if you group them like that and time your shots.

https://mwo.nav-alph...f5f959f7_BSW-P1

#2 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 11:21 PM

This thread was moved to Medium Mech Builds

#3 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 11:43 PM

A bit horrified by speed of that medium brawling mech...

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 01:04 AM

"Almost there... just a second guys..." "Guys? Where's everyone?" Posted Image

I all seriousness, though, that thing is slow and underprovisioned on ammo. I'd not run it this way. Anyone with a bit of experience will shoot a bushwacker in the legs.

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 05:58 AM

View PostCurccu, on 01 February 2023 - 11:43 PM, said:

A bit horrified by speed of that medium brawling mech...

It's not even remotely an issue with the way the matches play out, even if you happen to be slower than the occasional heavy it's not by much. Would maybe be a concern if the modes actually meant anything, but they don't.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 02 February 2023 - 01:04 AM, said:

I all seriousness, though, that thing is slow and underprovisioned on ammo. I'd not run it this way. Anyone with a bit of experience will shoot a bushwacker in the legs.

Ammo is light but actually at about perfect levels for quick play during NA prime - it would probable run out in EU prime because they don't sweep up stripped kills. I don't like the EU prime play, so I play MW5 if I'm home during those hours.

You'd think people would shoot you in the legs, but they don't. You also have plenty of slots to move ammo and case it all. I would reckon the 91 points of sandblasting might be part of the discouragement. It's just like a Dire I'd reckon, people go the the torso because of the ease of connecting and the not wanting to be aiming at the floor when there's a pile of damage headed their way - but also honestly the more I play the game the less overall skill players have compared to years ago where it would definitely have been an issue.

#6 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 04:45 PM

Just another thought on the speed - unless you are playing a light, probably 80% of the match is played in about a 6x6 grid in any given match. A lot of builds across the board are probably far over-engine'd for the gameplay that actually plays out.

Something to consider as you look over your builds, might be skipping out on some pump for speed you don't really use anyhow.

#7 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 05:39 PM

hmm one of the old SPLAT MECHS was highlander C2 -- with 2 srm 4 and 2 srm 6 , and 1 maybe 2 med lazers, i still have one a build, but its a CLAN MECH.
I PLAYED it for 2 years, in scouting missions, it worked very well, when i was in team, that had lazers, and cannons --- i really miss the days a had scouting, it was fun playing and killling : ) WOOT

SAWK CLANNER

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 06:02 PM

View PostSawk, on 02 February 2023 - 05:39 PM, said:

hmm one of the old SPLAT MECHS was highlander C2 -- with 2 srm 4 and 2 srm 6 , and 1 maybe 2 med lazers, i still have one a build, but its a CLAN MECH.

Don't think scouting missions were a thing before I had left, when we did clan my splat was the Mad Dog, then the Hunch when they released it. For FP though we mostly played IS with my unit, much of the time I just ran 4 HBK-4SP -5 ML and 2 SRM6/a unless the unit wanted to run full pulses or cannons (12 with 4xac5 was pretty bonkers)
Now all those 4SP's have different builds around the different srm/mrms it can fit - 2x mrm30 + 3 sl is probably my favorite of the bunch. Quite a lot of fun when you get those goofs that try to jump away and you send up 60 streaming 10x10 into their legs.

I find splat, well push/control brawling in general, doesn't work well during EU prime hours because most of the players aren't bloodthirsty maniacs that will take advantage of you sandblasting off all the armor - during NA prime this style tends to rip, usually you salvo and there's two guys that see it and are popping off on your target almost immediately.

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 08:44 PM

i havent ran a bushie in forever. i remember a string of kills in fp with a pair of ac10s. boom, dead, boom, dead, boom, dead... i dont remember how many i got, but think i cleared out most of the remnants of that wave before i died.

i dont think it ever got a quirkening pass because it was a solid chassis, so it would be interesting to see how it performs.

#10 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 05:18 AM

It's the only one I have, was browsing the store looking for something new to splat in and passed it up a few times because of the awkward ears. Think I still have one bay left until they go on sale again so I might pick up another for the srm6 only option or check out a different one. Not really many other mechs that interest me by hardpoints unless they are cheap to try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users