Posted 09 February 2023 - 06:46 AM

Thx for free mech! Posted Image

#23 Teslacoil

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 09:50 AM

I sense a pink Care Bear theme in the redeemables.

#24 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 09 February 2023 - 12:05 PM

For any newer players -- this is a very versatile mech and a nice assault to field. You can run 4x LB10, 4x Gauss, you can get some 20s in there... and the 4 ballistic are torso mounted so they are decent height and harder to blow off. You can drop armor out of the arms and use them mostly for shielding. It is a 100 ton mech so people are gonna take a while to kill you and this is not as slow as an Annie.

I hope some newer players will appreciate the choice even if some older players are a bit jaded in the specifics of the free gift. ;)

#25 RoyKilroy

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 02:57 PM

A small request: next month, select a light or medium mech for the free mech. I don't have many light mechs and perhaps pgi selection would help me get a good one. thanks.

#26 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 04:22 PM

So you guys finally got over the March of the Care Bears (Pink painted Kodiak K-3's) that Mercstar did you you in CW drops?

#27 Not Him

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 07:16 PM

View PostTeslacoil, on 09 February 2023 - 09:50 AM, said:

The only thing I want to find out is how cute I can turn it out to look lol.

#28 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 09:10 AM

View PostSpardose, on 08 February 2023 - 12:30 PM, said:

well, nice event as always, but two 100 ton clan assaults back to back? An Atlas would have been nice as well, or a Fafnir

Fafnir it is then, because we had the Atlas last year already! :)

View Post-Winter, on 08 February 2023 - 05:11 PM, said:

KDK-3 is a solid mech, I don't think they give away non cbill variants much. Just put 4x AC10 and 1 ERPPC on it and have fun.

Ehh... this =>

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 09 February 2023 - 02:48 AM, said:

When did that become The Build for the KDK-3?

Posted Image

I am pretty sure it's one of the UAC/5 + UAC/10 on each torso mechs ?!

View PostTeslacoil, on 09 February 2023 - 09:50 AM, said:

Two of the colors we had already in the past so I guess it's just one new color for many of us! :)

Also the 2nd KDK-3 for me :D

#29 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 February 2023 - 08:37 PM

As a purchaser of the original Kodiak pack, it's always annoyed me that PGI took a 'mech known for high mobility and middling firepower, and, when faced with the overwhelming firepower from the two "extra" ballistic hardpoints they gave the KDK-3, decided to remove all of its mobility.

I just played a match with my KDK-3, and even with the Cauldron's mobility buffs, the thing still can't get out of its own way. It may be "faster" than an Annihilator, in terms of maximum forward speed, but it still feels like an Annihilator, in terms of momentum, and the ability to do anything other than move and shoot in a perfectly straight line.

The correct thing to do would have been to remove the two extra ballistic hardpoints at the time, and admit they messed up, and that that much ballistics is not in the spirit of the Kodiak.

View PostKodan Black, on 09 February 2023 - 12:05 PM, said:

For any newer players -- this is a very versatile mech and a nice assault to field. You can run 4x LB10, 4x Gauss, you can get some 20s in there... and the 4 ballistic are torso mounted so they are decent height and harder to blow off. You can drop armor out of the arms and use them mostly for shielding. It is a 100 ton mech so people are gonna take a while to kill you and this is not as slow as an Annie.

I hope some newer players will appreciate the choice even if some older players are a bit jaded in the specifics of the free gift. Posted Image

Edited by C337Skymaster, 27 March 2023 - 05:26 AM.

#30 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 11 February 2023 - 02:01 AM

I think the opposite. those claws. I think he deserves more. Posted Image

#31 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 09:35 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 10 February 2023 - 08:37 PM, said:

The correct thing to do would have been to remove the two extra ballistic hardpoints at the time, and admit they messed up, and that that much ballistics is not in the spirit of the Kodiak.

At the time I did not know any better than 4 x C-AC/2 so that's what I did with it and added some ER Mediums to the build and it did just fine as long as you realize that Clan Armor is made out of pure paper! :P

I was a bit into AC/2's back then... Posted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 11 February 2023 - 02:01 AM, said:

I think the opposite. those claws. I think he deserves more. Posted Image

Posted Image

Wolverine agrees! :D

#32 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 12 February 2023 - 12:35 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 12 February 2023 - 09:35 AM, said:

At the time I did not know any better than 4 x C-AC/2 so that's what I did with it and added some ER Mediums to the build and it did just fine as long as you realize that Clan Armor is made out of pure paper! Posted Image

I was a bit into AC/2's back then... Posted Image

Posted Image

Wolverine agrees! Posted Image

wild characters intrigue me :) I grew up watching them. :)

#33 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 12 February 2023 - 12:47 PM

Posted Image

maybe you should think more creatively :)

#34 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 08:47 PM

Hey, PGI, can y'all at least add 1 million C bills to the color unlocks? Because out of the two events of this month, I already had all the colors. So its literally is 'congrats, you got nothing.'

#35 TheStranger

• PipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:42 PM

So someone at PGI doesn't realise koalas aren't bears.

#36 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2023 - 02:28 AM

I own one Kodiak.. and its the KDK-3... why no love for any other variants.

#37 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 07:38 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 13 February 2023 - 08:47 PM, said:

Hey, PGI, can y'all at least add 1 million C bills to the color unlocks?

Because out of the two events of this month, I already had all the colors. So its literally is 'congrats, you got nothing.'

I am only doing this event for the 10.000 Match Score Award so I can use it on the KDK-1 and KDK-3 that I already own! :D

#38 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 February 2023 - 07:40 AM

View PostPocketYoda, on 16 February 2023 - 02:28 AM, said:

I own one Kodiak.. and its the KDK-3... why no love for any other variants.

Because the META demands it!!!

Ironically, it was the two energy boats (KDK-1 and KDK-5) that PGI was worried about at launch, because Clan Energy had been the focus at the time. That's probably why they never un-inflated the ballistics like they really should have. They were still too obsessed with mass clan energy.

#39 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2023 - 05:26 PM

View PostRoyKilroy, on 09 February 2023 - 02:57 PM, said:

A small request: next month, select a light or medium mech for the free mech. I don't have many light mechs and perhaps pgi selection would help me get a good one. thanks.

OR ... sell the KDK-3 and get a FLE-17, FS9-A, JVN-11A and a Kit Fox or Piranha and probably keep some C-Bills in loose change. (Urbie not listed as my favorite is the K-9)

#40 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 March 2023 - 11:47 PM

A quick little post-mortem catchup... :o

Those are some interesting ideas for what to build. And that big ol' KDK-3 by some great coincidence happens to come with one version of the AC/20-type weapons pre-installed as well. :)

I hope some newer players will appreciate the choice even if some older players are a bit jaded in the specifics of the free gift. Posted Image

If you're referring to me, it happens that I'm anything but jaded. My curiosity (or concern, as some might call it) back on the previous page (Here's a Link to click) was expressed specifically because of New Players who managed to put the effort forward to earn the Mech for their collection. It was only natural that I wanted to make the experience more fun & enjoyable for them, even if it came with one of those positive side-effects for myself! ;)

Heck, if I was being jaded, there would have been a stupid load more of nitpicking! :lol:

View PostNot Him, on 09 February 2023 - 07:16 PM, said:

The only thing I want to find out is how cute I can turn it out to look lol.

That one may likely be hard. It's got a Pirate Bear face on the back when you have the Buccaneer Camo equipped! :blink:

...and then off I go again. Any which way, I'm thankful for this 2023 February Free Kodiak KDK-3 Mech Event and will definitely look forward to the next one! B)

~D. V. "talking about details with 2023's KDK-3 Event to having another fresh Mech in one's own hands" Devnull

[Edit by this post's author because of an error in wording caught only after putting it up... Dang!!!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 14 March 2023 - 11:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users