Social Gameplay General

95 replies to this topic

#1 HermesFenix

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 02:12 PM

It's been a while since I started looking for intentional headshots. And honestly, it's not that hard, at least with Gauss and/or lasers. I know most mechs enough to quickly localize the head, and aim more or less by that zone without spending too much time. If I don't get the head, most of the time I hit the CT, which is also good.

What's getting annoying is that many people don't believe these headshots and accuse me of cheating. Some people even go on a revenge crusade against me if we coincide the next game, even trying to TK me. Of course, this breaks the fun of the game.

Seriously, people, stop this ********. It's not that uncommon to headshot, accidentally or not. Stop accusing someone of cheating just because they bested you in this particular match.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 02:26 PM

use shadowplay or relive, clip whenever you get a HS, and put together a video and post them so people can see it is legit or not (ex: https://mwomercs.com...utch-headshots/)

Edited by Nightbird, 13 February 2023 - 02:32 PM.

#3 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 03:12 PM

Wow, you went from 66% and 1.07 KDR to 91% and 1.76 KDR a single month just from aiming for the head?

Edited by feeWAIVER, 13 February 2023 - 03:12 PM.

#4 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 04:18 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 13 February 2023 - 03:12 PM, said:

Wow, you went from 66% and 1.07 KDR to 91% and 1.76 KDR a single month just from aiming for the head?

The 66 month was a bit of a drop from normal. I can map the time I've spent travelling and playing on crappy wifi on a laptop by the drops in my chart, versus peaks with a desktop and large 4k monitor. On its own, not compelling evidence.

The most sus part is the denial thread. Why make a denial thread? If you're not cheating then just ignore the accusations. If you're going to make a thread, maybe have some videos or.something to support the case. Just "I got good and aimed for head" is a bit of a weird reason to post.

#5 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,376 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 13 February 2023 - 04:22 PM

I think if you're uncomfortable with this, save a video or two.

#6 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 04:38 PM

hmm i have 28 headshots, took 9 years, but i always look for the left eye, last one was 3 weeks ago, timberwolf-- i was running 4 er large, and i think it was a RIGHT eye shot -. just aim at nose.
HMM is it HE has a faster computer than you.

SAWK CLANNER

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 05:23 PM

while headshots seem to be happening more than usual. looking at my own stats over the weekend event queue event, i seem to be up by 3 myself. really it just takes trying to get them in concert with playing enough games, its not that hard. and lately i almost always aim for the head unless there is a better place to shoot. im only another 3 more from displaying that headshot machine title.

the problem with bogus hackusations is that they bog down the process of finding actual cheaters.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 February 2023 - 05:29 PM.

#8 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 13 February 2023 - 10:43 PM

Getting guillotine in a bit under 2 months was hilarious for this. I only had one guy go as far as to ~attempt~ to team kill me. I think I popped him a few times then domed a MadCat II right at the start of the game and bro went off in all chat saying to report me and then started trying to shoot me.

The issue is people just don't go for headshots and people in low tiers have gotten complacent and stare people down not expecting the punishment. The game has been around for 10 years and I would guess less than a few hundred people have Guillotine. It is something many don't try to do so when it does happen something HAS to be wrong, it is adorable.

I would just say to make a few clips of gameplay getting headshots. I made a few compilations incase I ever got reported enough to take a ban I could have plenty of evidence. Eventually it got to a point where other guys will stand up for me when someone accuses me and tell them to check Reddit for my videos.

#9 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 13 February 2023 - 10:56 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 13 February 2023 - 03:12 PM, said:

When you go from doing damage to getting a guaranteed kill it makes a difference. Think about it, most games we want to see 700+ damage and MAYBE a kill or two. If you go for headshots you can end up with something like my personal best of 5 kills and sub 200 damage.

I actually changed my name from Galm Razgriz to Orion_ when I started grinding for Guillotine so my Jarls is a solid example of this going from Galm Razgriz to Orion; my peak KD as GR was 1.84 while Orion_'s peak is 2.32. My average KD went from 1.16 to 1.69 currently, and that is with my last 2 months being normal casual play again. If we roll back to when I was going for Guillotine and ONLY dropped in my TNS my average was 1.84 and I was in the top 50 of the kill leaderboard for that season.

#10 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 13 February 2023 - 11:20 PM

i dont think my kdr is even >1 and i get them. i admit id probibly have gone for more if they paid out better.

#11 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 February 2023 - 11:24 PM

Op seems to be acting a bit guilty. Just sayin..

#12 Tromoskyon Rex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 February 2023 - 12:04 AM

People accusing you of something you didn't do is frustrating bruh lmao. Anyone who says they didn't do something seems guilty?

#13 Rabid Imp

• PipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 12:24 AM

Got accused and evidently reported tonight for aiming...

View PostOrion_, on 13 February 2023 - 10:43 PM, said:

Eventually it got to a point where other guys will stand up for me when someone accuses me and tell them to check Reddit for my videos.

It's sad that people need (even think they need) video evidence to defend themselves against accusations...

Edited by Rabid Imp, 14 February 2023 - 12:28 AM.

#14 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 February 2023 - 12:28 AM

View PostOrion_, on 14 February 2023 - 12:04 AM, said:

People accusing you of something you didn't do is frustrating bruh lmao. Anyone who says they didn't do something seems guilty?

When I have a really good game and someone in chat accuses me of hax the last thing I think that would cross my mind is to rush to the forums to make a denial post about it. I would just toss a lol git gud back at them and move on to the next game.

#15 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 February 2023 - 12:47 AM

In the two years I have been playing I have exactly 7 headshot kills, all by pure luck. I normally don't try to stare long enough to try to get one, nor do I play snipers. I brawl-do not like the long range game.

Really the only mech I try to do headshots on are the Atlas. That's an easy one but never works out when I do. LOL

I've had my head blown off more times than I care to remember, such is life. It's a video game, not gonna cry about it or call anyone a cheater. I just accept it happens and who got me is probably the better pilot.

Many times over I have gotten destroyed, and I feel like punching my monitor. I just log off and either drink a few beers, roll some green or go to see if my wife wants to get frisky.

#16 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:57 AM

View PostRabid Imp, on 14 February 2023 - 12:24 AM, said:

Got accused and evidently reported tonight for aiming...

It's sad that people need (even think they need) video evidence to defend themselves against accusations...

its just that video evidence is better than not video evidence. you can do a report with just the match number and the name of the player you suspect of cheating, but that's not a lot of data to go on. generally its better to use the in-game report feature for those kinds of reports, and actually emailing a moderator should be reserved for when you have hard evidence. not everyone's rig is built out for recording. mine just doesn't have the storage to record every game (mine is more geared for speed than capacity).

i figure the way it works is people who cheat will get the most cheat reports and they probibly don't even look into it unless the number of reports crosses a particular threshold. i very much doubt you can find players that don't have cheat reports, because there are a lot of players out there who just cant take a loss. but the actual cheaters are going to have orders of magnitude more reports. and if someone posts video they can fast track the process. im sure some players who generate a lot of false positives also get flagged as whiners, and that's probibly used to filter the reports.

they are also somewhat staff limited, so i very much doubt they have the time to investigate everyone. i think its better to inform players what's cheating, what's not cheating, what the most common methods are, etc. that at least lets the player base have more discretion about what they complain about.

#17 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 04:44 PM

hmm i have not seen any cheating in 3 years ---- no money has been offered up, the cheating was about building a team, and not letting some join a team, or be recruited to a team.

SAWK CLANNER

#18 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 February 2023 - 08:45 PM

We definitely need to encourage headshots and sniping in general, and its popularity seems to have sky-rocketed recently.
It's by far the most rewarding and productive kind of gameplay, and does a great job of encouraging people to continue playing.

Edit: so reading this much later, I think some people may have failed to note that this is sarcasm. Sniping is absolute cancer, and since writing this post it seems to have become worse.

Edited by Kynesis, 07 March 2023 - 01:17 AM.

#19 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 February 2023 - 10:26 PM

I have a nick name for one player I call him Lance Armstrong lol

#20 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 08:37 AM

If you are going to make a rage post about it, people are probably going to want to see some evidence that you indeed are not cheating. Especially if you happen to be one of the guys cockpitting fleas and other max speed lights when they are going full tilt.

But either way I guess expect that some of your drops on your main and alts are going to be spectated so you should probably not have a sudden streak of not being able to get your headshots or super focused ct fire.

67 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 67 guests, 0 anonymous users