Solaris Inner Sphere Medium Event Queue Weekend And Sale!

56 replies to this topic

#41 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 01:05 PM

I wonder what would happen in a multi weight class 3v3 on these arena maps. even 2v2 IS med has a high potential for variety and opens up towards colorful results.
1v1 is restricted to just a few usable builds the way i see it, unless you like pain

#42 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 04:09 PM

... aaaaaand it's gone

#43 Odwalla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 04:20 PM

Looks like event queue went down after 4:00 PDT (Feb 18). Should be another 1v1 no?

#44 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 February 2023 - 05:42 PM

I could play all the time. but cbills have no value. slots are full. what can i do with cbill :) i already bought the machines i want to buy. Posted Image

#45 wildj

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 February 2023 - 06:09 PM

View PostOdwalla, on 18 February 2023 - 04:20 PM, said:

Looks like event queue went down after 4:00 PDT (Feb 18). Should be another 1v1 no?

Yeah, it should be 1v1's on Ishiyama. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be fixed unless we get super lucky and either Matt or Daeron happen to login and see that it's down. I think the best we can hope for is that next event kicks off as scheduled. Otherwise, I think we're done with event queue for the weekend Posted Image.

#46 wildj

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 February 2023 - 06:14 PM

Wow, looks like it's back up :D

#47 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 February 2023 - 06:35 PM

caves are nice :) It's nice to develop tactics alone :)

#48 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 18 February 2023 - 09:30 PM

where is Duncan Fisher??

#49 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 12:58 AM

Why are the consumables limited to 10pcs at a time, then no other restriction after? I'll still buy 1000, but i won't praise your names for a while that's for sure :D Please remove or raise this limit substantially asap

#50 Tacheyon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 08:01 PM

As mush as I like this event, having everyone shoot my legs and only being able to win is to shoot other legs gets repetitive.

Not sure if it is possible to make only the leg armour 3x it's normal amount.

Otherwise a nice casual event.

#51 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2023 - 09:04 PM

View PostTacheyon, on 19 February 2023 - 08:01 PM, said:

As mush as I like this event, having everyone shoot my legs and only being able to win is to shoot other legs gets repetitive.

I don't go for the legs at all actually and in the 2v2 my partners and I usually just go for the CT, it's the easiest spot, work together. In singles I usually try to hit each side torso, you might have an XL I can pop and win never know....

This event is actually enjoyable, I like the 2v2 and the mix up of these Solaris maps in a useable setting, 3v3 would be cool too.

Good work PGI!

#52 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 February 2023 - 10:30 PM

View PostGiltonnam, on 17 February 2023 - 06:07 PM, said:

For example, there is always a large outcry about flamers in the Solaris maps. Can they either be restricted or limited? For the max heat they can add, say like 10% instead of 90%? (just throwing numbers out). Not trying to flame, I personally love the Solaris maps and since I'm more a brawler type player they're far more enjoyable for me. However, when there's tons of people not joining events because of a system or weapon (especially when it's every time the event is done) then that's clear to me that something needs to be done since it's the events that keep some people playing (like me, they bring back the fun of old MW4 Multiplayer and in that you could restrict weapons, systems and mechs).

In the original S7 implementation, they reduced the heat output and instead made Flamers deal critical damage like Machine Guns IIRC. You could still shut down people but it was much harder to do.

View PostH4RDCA5E, on 19 February 2023 - 12:58 AM, said:

Why are the consumables limited to 10pcs at a time, then no other restriction after? I'll still buy 1000, but i won't praise your names for a while that's for sure Posted Image Please remove or raise this limit substantially asap
Yeah, I'd love to be able to buy them in bundles of 100.

Edited by Horseman, 19 February 2023 - 10:32 PM.

#53 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2023 - 10:51 AM

One thing that was really annoying in the 2v2 Laio Jungle maps is that everyone is going for legs. After a while it gets kind of boring to also have to target legs on someone because without doing that you just would lose.

Maybe something like 3x or unlimited leg armor would be great, just to force people to really target side torsos or the center torso or just something.

Only complaint I can think of really, and the flamers can be a little ridiculous but can be somewhat easy to combat.

#54 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2023 - 11:04 AM

View PostTacheyon, on 19 February 2023 - 08:01 PM, said:

I actually just thought the same thing after playing a few hours last night in the 2v2, can definitely agree the legs were ridiculous with coordinated groups. I understand it's a way to win, but it destroys the fun. I personally would just go right for the CT or side torso, it's more challenging.

#55 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2023 - 08:09 PM

View PostCwStrife, on 20 February 2023 - 10:51 AM, said:

One thing that was really annoying in the 2v2 Laio Jungle maps is that everyone is going for legs. After a while it gets kind of boring to also have to target legs on someone because without doing that you just would lose.

Maybe something like 3x or unlimited leg armor would be great, just to force people to really target side torsos or the center torso or just something.

Only complaint I can think of really, and the flamers can be a little ridiculous but can be somewhat easy to combat.

So one thing I noticed in one of the Orion fights was that at a certain range they have to pitch so far down to see your legs, that they actually spend too much time aiming, giving you more time to ravage their torso. Unfortunately, I think that's something like under-100m, so it's hard to close to that distance on most maps besides Ishyama Caves. At that point, it's just a matter of overriding and hoping they die before you blow up.

#56 Javajoe42

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGaithersburg, MD

Posted 25 February 2023 - 03:25 PM

I would love to have this type of Event just on all the time as option to just QP or Faction. Just modify it every week. Would make the game even more exciting to play.

#57 Cuspate

• Pip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 09:09 AM

View PostJavajoe42, on 25 February 2023 - 03:25 PM, said:

I would love to have this type of Event just on all the time as option to just QP or Faction. Just modify it every week. Would make the game even more exciting to play.

I think this would be awesome to have more regularly for sure. It could even be solaris, like with the rankings and all, but only on certain days so people actually queue for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users