Cicada CDA-3F

1 reply to this topic

#1 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:22 PM

For newcomers or anyone interested in a really annoying hit'n'run build, here's mine

Ferro-fibrous armor, double heatsinks, endo-steel structure
XL engine 300 (with +2x heatsinks)

Armor:
Head: 21
RH: 14 RT: 53/6 CT: 63/6 LT: 53/6 LH: 14
LL: 48 RL: 48

2x Snub-nose ppc - important note; both on the same side to make both projectiles hit the same point (i'm right handed, i prefer the right torso, but southpaws may find the left more comfy)

Right leg: 1x jumpjet
Left leg: 2x jumpjet
- note: to minimize crit chance while peeking corners, use the 2x on the opposite side as the ppcs

Skill tree: Maximum points on cooldown, skeletal density, armor hardening, reinforced casing, speed tree, hard brake, anchor turn, cool run, heat containment, artillery tree +slot. Rest can go to radar deprivation (cooldown can, too)

Consumables: 2x artillery strike, 1x uav or 1x coolshot

Playstyle notes: Try aiming fast, use corners to your advantage by showing yourself just enough for a quick shot, then fall back to cover immediately. Break your peek rhythm and locations constantly, use jump jets as much as possible to deliver shots from behind cover. Don't start brawling with anything big. The primary role of this build is scouting/snatching control of areas early in the game, secondary is close range fire support. Works best when you can add some extra punches to assaults fighting each other. Using jumpjets creatively to avoid direct contact is crucial.
Really weak against missiles and heatshots, occupying too many torso slots makes receiving crit chance too high
Otherwise it's one of my favourite builds, fits anyone with a half-decent aim

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 March 2023 - 01:58 PM

Cicada is still too squishy to run a brawler fit if you are playing higher than tier 3. Too many macro users that know how to aim. Might as well play to the quirks and go back to the classic fit people were griping about back in 2015 when this thread was being discussed.

cda-3f

However I'd rather play this if I'm going for a ranged cicada.

cda-3m

Or the fit the hardpoints are geared towards.

cda-3m

Edited by Meep Meep, 13 March 2023 - 02:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users