Free World Colosseum Migraines And Nausea

36 replies to this topic

#1 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:11 PM

There's something about the combination of the saturation and lighting that give me pretty bad migraines and nausea when playing it. It's kind of a bummer because it's an interesting map.

Edited by mytilus edulis, 22 April 2023 - 01:46 PM.

#2 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:26 PM

playing any game in 15fps would be brutal.

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:00 PM

I've played mwo in 15-20-29 fps on a variety of laptops from pawn shops. It become more of a slide show power point at that point. Unplayable in a light trying to go 100kph for sure. You want a bare minimal of 40 fps. My current rig only manages 45 fps in mwo but since I mostly use it for skyrim and mgsv mwo is a meh when I feel like it. When I can afford a new-er pc I'll get one but I'm sure not going to burn money on a pc for mwo alone.

Any desktop machine from a pawn shop can run mwo decently. Hell before pgi decided to go 64bit only, using the 32bit client you could run mwo pretty much on any machine with 2012 specs. I use to run laptops/desk tops with bare and under specs for videos on you tube just to show how badly the game is at the "minimal" specs.

#4 MechWarrior2407734

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThese are not the Tryhards you are looking for..

Posted 23 March 2023 - 08:17 PM

Thats got to be some old hardware to not be able to run this game at a steady 60. My ancient retired gaming rig was an i7 4770k and gtx 960 4gb with 16 gb and it ran mwo on very high at 1080p 60 fps. If you don't mind waiting for the long shipping times then ali express has some seriously good deals on somewhat older hardware that would play this game easily along with modern AAA titles. Just make sure to research out the vendor first as there are many dubious sellers there.

#5 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 09:10 PM

It might be time to consider retiring your e-machine.

#6 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 118 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 25 March 2023 - 02:37 AM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 23 March 2023 - 05:11 PM, said:

There's something about the combination of the saturation, lighting, and 15 fps that give me pretty bad migraines and nausea when playing it. It's kind of a bummer because it's an interesting map.

yo folks, the guy has a point here

I got cataracts surgery awhile ago, which greatly enhanced my *seeing colors* ... but this map's too much, even at 75FPS
I too suffer nausea and severe eye ache when it pops up, no other way than thermal for me to play it until it's fixed
if it's ever fixed

no hardware issue.. it's the map

Posted Image

Edited by CT Sparty, 25 March 2023 - 02:38 AM.

#7 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2023 - 06:37 AM

Posted Image 15fps...

#8 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 02:40 PM

other maps with similar performance issues (Liao Jungle) don't produce migraines and nausea when playing.

#9 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 March 2023 - 07:31 AM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 25 March 2023 - 02:40 PM, said:

other maps with similar performance issues (Liao Jungle) don't produce migraines and nausea when playing.

You're just allergic to purple.

#10 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 09:11 AM

The only thing I can agree with is the fireworks. They don't affect my fps, but they are super unnecessary for a map that size and sometimes make it difficult to see uav's.

#11 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 09:30 AM

After a weekend of playing, I can say I have had an overall negative experience with the map, and the players who play on it.

#12 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2023 - 09:49 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 26 March 2023 - 09:30 AM, said:

After a weekend of playing, I can say I have had an overall negative experience with the map, and the players who play on it.

It's ok if you can bring your typical long range setup, if not, don't even try it.

#13 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 March 2023 - 02:00 PM

In all honesty I've had more problems on this map with stuck spots.

If I remain patient I can get into some brawling, taking a little bit of long range fire on the way.

You most definately have to think tactically on this map, stick and move or as you all say peek and poke.

Have had a few matches on it that have eaten up the whole timer or most of it.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 26 March 2023 - 02:05 PM

View PostPocketYoda, on 25 March 2023 - 06:37 AM, said:

Posted Image 15fps...

reminds me when i was still using my 750ti. that card made the game nauseating as hell. unlocking arms made it worse to the point of being unplayable so i kept them fixed. now i go arms free all the time.

only other time i got nauseated playing games is when we switched from 4:3 displays to various widescreen formats. some games did not handle it right. not even my vr experiences were that bad.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 March 2023 - 02:07 PM.

#15 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 09:58 AM

https://www.reddit.c...ps_the/jd9tmyi/

KeystoneGray

Aces Wild H Company - JR7-F Jenner 2 points 5 days ago
I had to stop playing yesterday because I was legitimately getting eye strain, which gave me a migraine for most of yesterday. I now know what kids felt like when they first got their eyes into the goggles of a Nintendo Virtual Boy, blinded by red for hours. Only, purple. Purple. Endless, terrible purple. And everyone kept voting for this map because it's new.

Meaning if I wanted to play QP, I could not escape this ******* migraine.

Edited by mytilus edulis, 28 March 2023 - 09:58 AM.

#16 MechWarrior2407734

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThese are not the Tryhards you are looking for..

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:59 AM

A small percentage of people get migraines from the way virtual headsets work via the intense magnification of the lenses. Nothing to be done about it. I'm one of them and it makes me sad because the 10 or so minutes I can use them before the headaches start are wonderful. However the colors are fine by me.

#17 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 05:00 PM

The snow maps hurt my eyes, bright white on slightly less bright white with white drifts - can we just change the season on those maps so I don't have to run in heat mode on them?

HPG and its grey on dark grey just annoys me with it's sheer boringness, at least add some of the neon signs from Solaris City.

Canyon with its light brown on dark brown with no water just makes me want to nascar circles around the map.

Watching people drift to the same exact place on each map every drop because they can't be bothered to do anything else sometimes gives me a headache, not really sure what the solution is. Maybe finally add new drop points and shift the mission locations around.

#18 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:26 PM

View PostRondoe, on 26 March 2023 - 02:00 PM, said:

In all honesty I've had more problems on this map with stuck spots. If I remain patient I can get into some brawling, taking a little bit of long range fire on the way. You most definately have to think tactically on this map, stick and move or as you all say peek and poke. Have had a few matches on it that have eaten up the whole timer or most of it.

I was using one of the new legendary mechs on Free World Coliseum and got stuck on grid C2 my mech didn't have jump jets I must have fallen into something. Good thing I was in testing grounds and could exit out.

#19 Maj Destruction

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 March 2023 - 08:01 PM

I'm starting to actually like this map a little. It seems like a big open map, but there's a decent amount of cover for little mechs. And there's lots of room to escape when I'm doing hit-and-run with my stealth Flea. I've also found a few spots of high ground with really good cover, overlooking areas that folks are using for shooting lanes. This means I can pick at bigger mechs while they're doing battle, and they don't even notice me. I did see a poor fellow get stuck real good last night though. We lost the match, and he resorted to shooting into the air so the other team could find/kill him. Even at that, it took surprisingly long.

Matt

#20 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 30 March 2023 - 01:53 AM

Thats why only health people can be a pilots etc...

Lets think positive. You can = passed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users