Marauder Ii 4L Help

7 replies to this topic

#1 Dio Maxwell

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:15 PM

As much as I love this mech I'm currently struggling with how to play it. I currently have the 4L and 6S both are pretty meh or below average compared to 4A in terms of hard points and weapon selections. Regarding the 4L the standard loadout has it as a stealth sniper with gauss and a ppc but I kinda want to try something with more fire support in mind with ACs. I tried dual Ac5s, LBx2s, and a heavy PPC with interesting results got one match with 8 assists even a few kills but is there weapon sets that could be a bit better by using both ballistic hardpoints? Any ideas for more suitable ballistic choices? I can swap the heavy ppc with an er one to free up on weight.

#2 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 05:52 PM

The MAD-4L is specifically quirked to run 2 Gauss Rifles + 2ERPPCs + ECM. Any other loadout is a mistake. There's several different ways you can do it to have different amounts of jumpjets, ammo, engine, etc. That's personal preference. But don't put ACs on it. Then its just a worse MAD-AL. If you want to boat ACs or UACs, get an Anni, Nightstar, or Mauler.

The MAD-6S is good at many things. It can do AC20+Snubs for brawl, 4ERPPCs to snipe, LGR+4ERPPC for hotter sniping, AC10+4PPC for med range PPFLD.

Both are better than the MAD-4A. The only thing the 4A does that's special is 8 Large Lasers and some big TC faction ERLL loadouts. If you're running regular laservom, you're better off doing it on other assaults which can do the same thing often with better mounts and less tonnage (Stalker 7D, Anni, Banshee, etc.)

Edited by Heavy Money, 30 March 2023 - 05:57 PM.

#3 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 30 March 2023 - 06:20 PM

Anything other than 2 Gauss and 2 ERPPC is wrong, respectfully. As far as I know it is the only mech in the game that can fire all 4 without ghost heat (IIRC there is one KCG that can too but with a smaller engine). 50 damage PPFD is nothing short of dirty once you get the timing nailed down.

#4 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 06:29 PM

View PostOrion_, on 30 March 2023 - 06:20 PM, said:

Anything other than 2 Gauss and 2 ERPPC is wrong, respectfully. As far as I know it is the only mech in the game that can fire all 4 without ghost heat (IIRC there is one KCG that can too but with a smaller engine). 50 damage PPFD is nothing short of dirty once you get the timing nailed down.

There are other mechs that can do 50PPFLD as sniper, but yes this is the only one that does 2GR+2ERPPC. And then also has ECM! But remember you're hosed once you lose your right side.

- MAD-6S does LGR+4ERPPC. Much hotter, but keeps more weapons if it loses its right side and is less ammo dependent.

- King Crab Kaiju does 2LGR+3ERPPC all in the right side. So great side peaks, and also easier on the ammo.

- Nightstar 9J Can do 2LGR+3ERPPC. Its got convergence problems but doesn't have the low arms of the others. Generally too hot though.

- Banshee 3E can do 2LGR+3PPC and its pretty nice. But not as much range.

I think there's one other, but I don't remember off the top of my head. There's also some Heavy PPC mechs that can hit 50 PPFLD, but that's not sniping.
Overall its the MAD-4L and Kaiju that stand out in this role.

Edited by Heavy Money, 30 March 2023 - 06:32 PM.

#5 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 31 March 2023 - 04:01 AM

I have been thinking about trying something like this mad-4l for a more brawly ambush predator type build on the 4L

Gauss Peeps is probably overall better, though, Its the obvious intended loadout, and the choice is really between stealth armour or endo steel and a bigger engine.

#6 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 March 2023 - 08:59 AM

If you really don't want Gauss, you can try something like this, right side peak, but it won't be very good, mad-4l. Sorry i did it quick , Mech is one sided so xl will be bether at this ( but seriously put 2 erppc and 2 Gauss :P )

Edited by MarcinT1981, 31 March 2023 - 09:04 AM.

#7 Dio Maxwell

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 03:28 PM

View PostMarcinT1981, on 31 March 2023 - 08:59 AM, said:

If you really don't want Gauss, you can try something like this, right side peak, but it won't be very good, mad-4l. Sorry i did it quick , Mech is one sided so xl will be bether at this ( but seriously put 2 erppc and 2 Gauss Posted Image )

will try that build already invested in gauss skills and velocity appreciate the feedback.

#8 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 March 2023 - 05:51 PM

Be a lot better Mech without the crazy Gauss mechanic and terrible cooldown times involved..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users