Inner Sphere Heavy Solaris Event Queue Weekend And Sale!

24 replies to this topic

#21 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 01:42 PM

View PostHorseman, on 14 April 2023 - 06:42 AM, said:

And for an average player? Posted Image

"GIT GUT!!!" Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 10:56 PM

View PostExarch Jonah Levin, on 16 April 2023 - 01:00 PM, said:

Could these events be made non-Crael-exclusive at some point? The crael-exclusivity really detracts from playing the events as literally anything other than Crael.

as obnoxious as the braindead crael rushing is, i haven't actually found them to be more difficult to deal with than any other competently built mech. crusaders aren't awfully tanky, and any component you take off of a crael will hurt it significantly. focusing damage on them is also fairly trivial with the amount of staring they have to do.

#23 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 April 2023 - 02:36 AM

View PostExarch Jonah Levin, on 16 April 2023 - 01:00 PM, said:

Could these events be made non-Crael-exclusive at some point? The crael-exclusivity really detracts from playing the events as literally anything other than Crael.
I only saw a few Craels running around, and they're quite manageable if they don't use Flamers or you leg them and don't let them close.
Ran one for a bit, then got bored and switched to an Orion - with final WLR of 2.5 across 100 matches.
https://mwo.nav-alph...0f0dc100_ON1-VA
AU1830J1|Ug|i^pn0|O@qn0|[<2|9PrZ0|@@|@@|_?|[<2|_OsZ0|@@|@@|_?|[<2|_Otk0uk0v:0|9Pw202020
a087ab34abfda557f0b49cdf5ee207560617a00008066120b000080202060
You'll only have time for a single Cool Shot (unless the opponent tries to kite, in which case you'll have time to cool down anyway), so no need to take two. Use the other slot for an UAV instead. Take one of the enemy's legs while closing, hit the Cool Shot together with your second alpha, then if there is enough room get in behind them and blast their back or the other leg.

Yes, legging, because as rage-inducing it is to some players, it's an efficient way of denying your opponent mobility and taking the kill. Exploiting the subsequent reduced mobility is also part of the reason why the mech has Speed Tweak and Anchor Turn.

Edited by Horseman, 17 April 2023 - 02:38 AM.

#24 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 April 2023 - 05:10 AM

View PostHorseman, on 17 April 2023 - 02:36 AM, said:

I only saw a few Craels running around, and they're quite manageable if they don't use Flamers or you leg them and don't let them close.
Ran one for a bit, then got bored and switched to an Orion - with final WLR of 2.5 across 100 matches.
https://mwo.nav-alph...0f0dc100_ON1-VA
AU1830J1|Ug|i^pn0|O@qn0|[<2|9PrZ0|@@|@@|_?|[<2|_OsZ0|@@|@@|_?|[<2|_Otk0uk0v:0|9Pw202020
a087ab34abfda557f0b49cdf5ee207560617a00008066120b000080202060
You'll only have time for a single Cool Shot (unless the opponent tries to kite, in which case you'll have time to cool down anyway), so no need to take two. Use the other slot for an UAV instead. Take one of the enemy's legs while closing, hit the Cool Shot together with your second alpha, then if there is enough room get in behind them and blast their back or the other leg.

Yes, legging, because as rage-inducing it is to some players, it's an efficient way of denying your opponent mobility and taking the kill. Exploiting the subsequent reduced mobility is also part of the reason why the mech has Speed Tweak and Anchor Turn.

even against flamer craels, i can usually be confident that i'll kill them before i cook myself to death. more ballistic-heavy builds may not have to worry about that at all.

in addition to the points horseman made, here's my advice for anyone struggling to fight craels:

1. don't panic when they get in range, just focus on landing your shots on the same component. if you need to cool off (assuming you're not fighting a flamer build), start twisting like a madman and try to spread the damage as much as possible. that said, you shouldn't be afraid to cook yourself a bit (or a lot) if you think you can finish the job quickly. you do run the risk of blowing yourself up or critting out your weapons, but i find that it works far more often than not.

2. use any range advantage you may have as much as you can. even if it's not much, sometimes a bit of scratch damage will be the difference between winning or losing. mid-long range builds can potentially take a component before they close, or even kill them outright if they're particularly careless with their approach.

3. try to get into positions that make it difficult for them to stay right up in your face. getting on the high ground above them tends to work pretty well, but the basic idea is that you want to break line of sight or otherwise prevent them from keeping their MGs on you. the more you can play the peek and poke game, the better.

4. crusader arms are relatively flimsy; most 1v1 builds should be able to blow one off with just a couple well placed shots. i don't know if it's the most optimal strategy to go for them as a general rule, but if you happen to get a good hit in on one then it's probably a good idea to take it off.

Edited by cougurt, 17 April 2023 - 05:10 AM.

#25 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 09:48 PM

Hello, I`m back after a 6 month break, this is the most fun I have had since the launch of Solaris.
We need more events like this, GIVE US MORE !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users