20 replies to this topic

#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 12 May 2023 - 02:18 AM

Of course they do! I drop a Hunchback every so often just because I want to mess with it. But no discussion of Hunchback builds is complete without mentioning the problems with that hunch. I mean, it's a 'mech that's "XL friendly" for exactly the opposite reason that other 'mechs are - once you've lost the hunch, you're mostly crippled anyway, so you might as well just take the XL. ;]

View Postepikt, on 11 May 2023 - 07:42 PM, said:

I'm T1 and still drop in Hunchies from time to time. My favorites are the -4P (9 MPLas), -4G (AC/20 + 3 MLas) and -4SP (2 ASRM6 + 5 MPLas).
It's true the hunch is a bullet magnet, you really need to be extra careful at positioning - if you allow a red on your right flank, you're basically done.

Or your front, or your left flank if they're higher than you are, etc. Sure, you can run them, and sometimes you have fun games - that 4G's Ac/20 machine gun can do AMAZING damage if it's left alone. But, always depending on player behaviors during your play, most of the time it's an uphill fight to get to those matches where you peg a Light on a deflection shot because your projectile velocity is so fast, or you get that perfect situation to pour fire into the enemy for an 800 damage game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users