Arm Quirks

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 11:23 PM

Certain mechs should have a quirk where when suffering side torso destruction they don't lose the arm as well.

Opinions?

#2 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 08:45 AM

To expand further,

- Standard Engines would not allow arms to be blown off when a side torso is lost, Light and Extra Light Engines would have the normal arm-loss rules apply when losing a side torso.

- Standard lasers (Medium, Large, PPCs) would not cause an explosion big enough to blow off your arm when mounted in your side torso

- Ballistics weapons would cause a critical explosion resulting in the loss of your arm when mounted in your side torso.

#3 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 09:00 AM

You mean, when the component the arm is mounted on is destroyed, the arm is still attached to the mech? What an "interesting" suggestion...

#4 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 09:59 AM

View Postepikt, on 25 April 2023 - 09:00 AM, said:

You mean, when the component the arm is mounted on is destroyed, the arm is still attached to the mech? What an "interesting" suggestion...

No, I mean when the side torso is destroyed the arm mounted weapons are still functional.

Normally when you lose a side torso you lose the arm as well, and anything that is mounted on that arm.

#5 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 10:21 AM

By "the component" I meant "the side torso".

#6 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,184 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 25 April 2023 - 04:03 PM

View PostNine-Ball, on 21 April 2023 - 11:23 PM, said:

Certain mechs should have a quirk where when suffering side torso destruction they don't lose the arm as well.

Opinions?
preferably for mechs that mount all or most of their guns in the arms like a couple of the supernovas, novacat nova both rifleman models a few of the pheonix hawks and such. I don't think engine or weapons should matter., if you have a light or clan xl you'll still die if you lose both side torsos anyway, this quirk should not effect that.

Edited by KursedVixen, 25 April 2023 - 04:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users