- - - - -

Streamer Links And Tos

4 replies to this topic

#1 nvx 116

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 03:01 AM

Should I start reporting streamers for throwing thier twitch links in all chat at round start as it can technically fall under assisting the enemy and advertising? I've seen on several occasions where the person who threw their link out got singled out or the enemy was one step ahead of streamer team.. I ask this to be sure also calling out disconnects or the last man standing in all chat is that also against tos?

Edited by nvx 116, 02 May 2023 - 03:58 AM.

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 May 2023 - 05:07 AM

I'll be honest if you want Admin or dev comments the forum is the wrong place to ask, probably twitter would be better or thier main social media page.

#3 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 02 May 2023 - 05:54 AM

View Postnvx 116, on 02 May 2023 - 03:01 AM, said:

Should I start reporting streamers for throwing thier twitch links in all chat at round start as it can technically fall under assisting the enemy and advertising?

No. It's not like there's many streamers anyways.
The only streamer I remember systematically advertise his stream is Sean Lang, and he does that at the end.

View Postnvx 116, on 02 May 2023 - 03:01 AM, said:

I ask this to be sure also calling out disconnects or the last man standing in all chat is that also against tos?

Calling out the position of afk/disconnected mechs at the end is a simple courtesy that prevents everybody wasting their time. Why would you report that?
As for last mech standing, if they're still actively fighting, calling them out is assisting the enemy and you can report that. If they're evading the fight to protect their precious ratio, it's non-participation and you can report that too.

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2023 - 09:34 AM

PGI has allowed unit adverts at the start of matches as long as it's just one message. I'd imagine a twitch link is ok. I don't think it's reportable.

Calling out afks and discos at the end is technically against the rules but, afaik, not punished by PGI as how epikt described it. It should clearly be a disconnector or afker. But for a clear statement, please contact moderation@mwomercs.com.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 04 May 2023 - 09:34 AM.

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 May 2023 - 10:37 AM

Twitch streams are usually on a several minute time delay. Intel from the match start won't help you much when bullets are already flying.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users