Meta Duel Clan Lights

4 replies to this topic

#1 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 02:46 AM

Hello, could you recommend a nice pvp build about the current event?

I am really inexperienced about lights, and I wonder is there is an all around build vs 12mg Piranha, SPL boat or Streak boat

About my experience it should be smth like 4*SRMA-6 with quirks

Edited by Storky, 23 May 2023 - 02:46 AM.

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 03:26 AM

I tested few things, what worked the best was the Kit-Fox. Small profile, good survivability quirks, pretty streak resistant (unlike the JR7-IIC I used at first), etc

View PostStorky, on 23 May 2023 - 02:46 AM, said:

About my experience it should be smth like 4*SRMA-6 with quirks

Kit-Fox-D (set of 8) 4 ASRM6 might be your jam. You can add a -S leg for jump-jets, but you lose a little cooldown+spread quirk.

Personally, I mostly used 6SPLas+4HMG, though 4MPLas+4HMG is good if you want more range (and have the Purifier right arm for MG RoF bonus).

But be quick, the event is almost over I believe.

Edited by epikt, 23 May 2023 - 03:27 AM.

#3 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 05:42 AM

View Postepikt, on 23 May 2023 - 03:26 AM, said:

I tested few things, what worked the best was the Kit-Fox. Small profile, good survivability quirks, pretty streak resistant (unlike the JR7-IIC I used at first), etc

Kit-Fox-D (set of 8) 4 ASRM6 might be your jam. You can add a -S leg for jump-jets, but you lose a little cooldown+spread quirk.

Personally, I mostly used 6SPLas+4HMG, though 4MPLas+4HMG is good if you want more range (and have the Purifier right arm for MG RoF bonus).

Yes, I think Kit-Fox-D is the exact build which overdamaged mine 12mg PIR-1 and JR7-IIC with various SRMS and Streaks. Tho, it needs + 1ton of ammo. On JR7-IIC even 3 tons of srms is insufficient.

Any serious amount of smalls + MGs worked very well on me, usually such builds have a good quirks.
I felt, that having a good quirks is better than having a good amount of hardpoints like in mine PIR-1 and JR7-IIC

View Postepikt, on 23 May 2023 - 03:26 AM, said:

But be quick, the event is almost over I believe.

Already spent 6+ hours on it Posted Image

#4 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 06:16 AM

View PostStorky, on 23 May 2023 - 05:42 AM, said:

Tho, it needs + 1ton of ammo.

To be honest, I haven't tested this build as in my link, I just used my usual QP mech because I'm lazy.
(but I thought it could be optimized for duel by adding DHS, but you're right, it might lack ammo)

I felt, that having a good quirks is better than having a good amount of hardpoints like in mine PIR-1 and JR7-IIC

The problem with those two mechs is they are very squishy (especially the Piranha), face a streaker and you're done.
If you want 6 missile hardpoints while being kinda tanky, the Kit-Fox is still your friend ^^
About quirks, MG rate of fire bonus is a good one.

#5 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 11:20 PM

View Postepikt, on 23 May 2023 - 06:16 AM, said:

The problem with those two mechs is they are very squishy (especially the Piranha), face a streaker and you're done.
If you want 6 missile hardpoints while being kinda tanky, the Kit-Fox is still your friend ^^
About quirks, MG rate of fire bonus is a good one.

I can't say they are very squishy.
PIR-1
One skilled pilot on PIR-1 has been constantly killing my Jenner in legs. He was good at traveling by an "8" route around me, hence that was hard to shoot with proper leading. He was handling my 4*SRM6 + 2*SRM2 like a boss, DPS and spread were insufficient. Tho, I had a little success with chainfire to make his legs open orange)
But when I fought the Kit-Fox-D the same way on PIR-1, his dense spread and firepower worked very good vs my legs. And when I faced him on my Jehner, he was definitely faster at CT killing.

Another case - I've added 2 flamers to PIR-1 and killed a heavy streakboat face to face. It has around 16 streaks

Jehner
It has almost the same hp buffs, but for armor nor structure, better vs machineguns.
Btw it has a big CT exposed from aside for pinpoint weapon and streaks. Good players sniping the CT. It could be solved by jumpjets to fly high in a cost of other things and heat dissipation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users