• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 04:34 PM

I use the mouse to easily use the 2 Cool Shoot feature, but I don't know what to do for the others. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 31 May 2023 - 04:36 PM.

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 May 2023 - 04:49 PM

I've got UAV, Arty, and Artillery and Full Zoom toggle on my mouse buttons and wheel up/down. You could do weapon groups of course. I just use right click/left click and left shift for groups 1, 2, and 3 and never use more than 3.

If you're a heavy MASC, Stealth armor, or ECM user, there's advantages to putting those on the mouse instead of the keyboard as it's hard to toggle when you're driving unless you remap to Q, E, or a nearby key.

#3 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 06:22 PM

To be honest, I hardly understood the question... Posted Image

1- You don't need multiple buttons for the multiple coolshots, if it's what you're asking...

2- But if it's suggestions on how to map your mouse/keyboard buttons you're after, here is how I have mine (quite similar to Captain): group1 on left click, group2 on right click, group3 on left shift, arties/strikes on wheel up/down, UAV on mouse3 (press wheel), override and coolshot on mouse4 and mouse5 (on the side), MASC on alt, ECM/stealth on 3 and 4, voip on cap-lock, etc...

#4 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 06:56 PM

View Postepikt, on 31 May 2023 - 06:22 PM, said:

To be honest, I hardly understood the question... Posted Image

1- You don't need multiple buttons for the multiple coolshots, if it's what you're asking...

2- But if it's suggestions on how to map your mouse/keyboard buttons you're after, here is how I have mine (quite similar to Captain): group1 on left click, group2 on right click, group3 on left shift, arties/strikes on wheel up/down, UAV on mouse3 (press wheel), override and coolshot on mouse4 and mouse5 (on the side), MASC on alt, ECM/stealth on 3 and 4, voip on cap-lock, etc...

Mause full

Delete - Cool Shoot 1
Home - Cool Shoot 2

I have used the empty buttons on the mouse, such as Home and Delete. I need to continue the rest of the operations using the keyboard. I'm looking for quick-access empty button.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 31 May 2023 - 06:56 PM.

#5 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 09:46 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 06:56 PM, said:

Delete - Cool Shoot 1
Home - Cool Shoot 2

All your coolshots are on the same button: you press once, it consume your first coolshot and goes in cooldown, once the cooldown is over you can use your second coolshot by pressing the same button, it goes on cooldown, when the cooldown is over you can activatd the third and so on...

#6 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:10 PM

View Postepikt, on 31 May 2023 - 09:46 PM, said:

All your coolshots are on the same button: you press once, it consume your first coolshot and goes in cooldown, once the cooldown is over you can use your second coolshot by pressing the same button, it goes on cooldown, when the cooldown is over you can activatd the third and so on...

Posted Image

I forgot because I was using the ones above. I'm sorry, thank you for reminding me.

#7 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:11 PM

Mine coolshot is on 'tilde', very handy.
I have the same Razer Synapse, tho. With Macro plugin. But still have no idea what really useful can be set on the additional buttons.

#8 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:15 PM

View PostStorky, on 31 May 2023 - 11:11 PM, said:

Mine coolshot is on 'tilde', very handy.
I have the same Razer Synapse, tho. With Macro plugin. But still have no idea what really useful can be set on the additional buttons.

I don't use macros in any game. I usually assign keys based on the machine I'm using.

#9 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:33 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 11:15 PM, said:

I don't use macros in any game. I usually assign keys based on the machine I'm using.

Why not?

#10 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:59 PM

View PostStorky, on 31 May 2023 - 11:33 PM, said:

Why not?

I don't use macros because I don't consider them legal. I use different key combinations because on some machines, I don't even need extra cooling or air support. Instead, I utilize night vision and infrared.

#11 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 03:02 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 11:59 PM, said:

I don't use macros because I don't consider them legal. I use different key combinations because on some machines, I don't even need extra cooling or air support. Instead, I utilize night vision and infrared.

Can't recall any illegal case in this game.
1. The fastest chainfire to prevent the ghost heat - you will need an individual weapon group for this macro = buff + debuff
2. Toggle Tag - just a quality of life. Usefull where you have a tag on the 4th+ weapon group. You will benefit only vs such builds, but on the other hand - such builds become possible.
3. Super annoying dakka chainfire in the face. It can be emulated manually. Itself chainfire is weaker to the single fire dakka, because you not deal the maximum damage initially.
4. Gauss Rifle hold-fire. Look item 1. Plus in Razer Synapse this macro sometimes jams.

Hence I am not using any macro because they are useless.

The most useful macro in all shooters is 'toggle W' wich is already in the game. I've assigned the '100% throttle' to the mouse side-button.

Edited by Storky, 01 June 2023 - 03:05 AM.

#12 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 05:14 AM

See https://mwomercs.com/conduct

Keybind macro software and hardware mechanisms are permitted for use as long as such mechanisms still require manual input to initiate and do not fully automate gameplay.

#13 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2023 - 09:03 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 11:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

I forgot because I was using the ones above. I'm sorry, thank you for reminding me.

Yes, they created the option to activate consumables by either the slot or the type. I greatly prefer activating by type.

Regarding the mouse wheel, don't use wheel up/down for UAV or you will quite possibly activate more than one UAV simultaneously as there is no cool down (maybe there should be!). I set it to arty and airstrike (one of those up, one down). I am not sure which one is which, so if I scroll down and nothing happens, I know to scroll up instead.

#14 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 11:45 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 01 June 2023 - 09:03 AM, said:

I am not sure which one is which, so if I scroll down and nothing happens, I know to scroll up instead.

I've got a memory aid for that: I bound the air strike to wheel-up, as it goes forward, and arty to wheel-down, as it fall from the sky. Posted Image

#15 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2023 - 12:41 PM

View Postepikt, on 01 June 2023 - 11:45 AM, said:

I've got a memory aid for that: I bound the air strike to wheel-up, as it goes forward, and arty to wheel-down, as it fall from the sky. Posted Image

I think that's how I set mine but didn't think of that.

#16 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 03:49 PM

Infrared and night vision are very useful amidst the smoke. I really love the CAUSTIC VALLEY map, but now it rarely appears. And even when it does, users don't choose it.

I love the darkness.

#17 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:02 PM

Weapon groups 1-5 to mouse buttons (although I just ignore group 6; if a mech needs more than 3 groups to fire effectively, something's very wrong with it). This in turn lets me rebind the 1-5 keys on my keyboard to consumables so that I can reach them while moving

View PostStorky, on 01 June 2023 - 03:02 AM, said:

Can't recall any illegal case in this game.

There was the RACro from a few years back. Using a macro to repeatedly tap the fire button allowed RAC fire to be sustained in near-perpetuity without jamming. This was patched out within 2-3 months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users